Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to sell photos to agency in singapore etc?

Default How to sell photos to agency in singapore etc?

I have taken thousands of slide , films and lately digital images. Any idea how to sell them to photo agency in Sg or elsewhere? a good palce to start with ? thanks.

Default Re: How to sell photos to agency in singapore etc?

Look them up in Yellow Pages and make appointment to see them.

Have a well-edited porfolio ready that shows your images can make money for them. When they sell anything you get a certain percentage of it.
    Last edited by Sion; 24th December 2007 at 07:45 PM.

u can also look at online sites such as shutterstock and istock as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Have a well-edited porfolio ready that shows your images can make money for them.
    Can advise on what kind of images are these? i.e. what genres would they be interested in?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Can advise on what kind of images are these? i.e. what genres would they be interested in?
    Lifestyle images featuring beautiful people in exquisite settings would be a hot seller.

You can sign up at Dreamstime. See my gallery at Dreamstime below.

You can do a search for singapore photographers at Dreamstime and you realise a lot of singaporeans are selling photos there. They pay via PayPal so you can sign up for one for around $1++.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    u can also look at online sites such as shutterstock and istock as well.
    iStock need 3 sample images. I didn't qualify because my stock photos are not good enough.

Guess I have to try harder.. Practice Practice Practice!

I have an account with shutterstock but my images dont move much. I get more income from referals haha..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Shutterstock and istockphoto need a scanned copy of your driving license as verification. I feel this is troublesome. My preferred is Dreamstime & Fotolia. In fact, I just signed up for Fotolia. Hope my images pass the review.

Referrals does not earn you much but it is interesting to see many referrals under your name.
    Last edited by roygoh; 9th May 2008 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qing02051981 View Post
    Shutterstock and istockphoto need a scanned copy of your driving license as verification. I feel this is troublesome. My preferred is Dreamstime & Fotolia. In fact, I just signed up for Fotolia. Hope my images pass the review.

Referrals does not earn you much but it is interesting to see many referrals under your name.
    troublesome-ness ensures quality. finally accepted by shutterstock after 4 tries and sales come in everyday. initially 8 pictures and i got 5.50 on my first 2 days. now after 6days, i've about 16.25. hope it doesn't stop there!

i swear getting rejected for 3 times earlier was a pain because shutterstock got to wait for 30 days before you can resubmit..and i'm glad i'm finally onboard. haha
    Last edited by roygoh; 9th May 2008 at 04:21 AM.

Wah not bad my pictures not very marketable though and I only get about $5 per month =p
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    troublesome-ness ensures quality. finally accepted by shutterstock after 4 tries and sales come in everyday. initially 8 pictures and i got 5.50 on my first 2 days. now after 6days, i've about 16.25. hope it doesn't stop there!

i swear getting rejected for 3 times earlier was a pain because shutterstock got to wait for 30 days before you can resubmit..and i'm glad i'm finally onboard. haha
    I see you uploaded a lot of pics at dreamstime. thanks for adding me as one of your favourite photographers.
    Last edited by roygoh; 9th May 2008 at 04:22 AM.

It used to be very easy but they stepped up on Q.C. since they've grown so big. Ya, its quite fustrated to have your images rejected, especially when they were not entered in the category they want you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    It used to be very easy but they stepped up on Q.C. since they've grown so big. Ya, its quite fustrated to have your images rejected, especially when they were not entered in the category they want you to.
    Dreamstime was a pain sometimes too.

They always say "Poor lighting setup, poor contrast or incorrect exposure." when nothing was wrong.

They always say "Poor lighting setup, poor contrast or incorrect exposure." when nothing was wrong.
    they cant find better reasons to reject u mah..haha

they cant find better reasons to reject u mah..haha
    ha ha. exactly.

at least they give reason?

my DT they just say 'this is not what we are looking for' LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Lifestyle images featuring beautiful people in exquisite settings would be a hot seller.
    Sion if only it was always true. Truth is the best picture is nothing if there it can not appeal to a buyer. ROFL tell that to Corbis, Jupiter, Getty dammm picky wah.

Don't know how true it is, I've read somewhere the inspectors reject certain photos so not to have competition with them. Sometimes rejected photos with saleable potentials are copied and uploaded by inspectors.

After all inspectors are recruited from photographers like you. Some people think there is a bit of conflict of interest there.

I think best way is to sell online. I sell my work through a few online agencies.. have a look at my website and feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

www.ashwinphotosite.com
    Ashwin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast