Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

  1. #1

    Wink Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

    Just wondering if anyone is using this?



    I am thinking of buying this for game (MMORPG) purpose . Just like to get some feedback regarding its

    1) Weight - Is it stable enough with your hands on it?
    2) Keys Mapping - is it easy to do key mapping in game ?
    3) Grip & comfort - Is it comfortable resting your palm on it for more than 30 mins

    before I spend some money on this Xmas present for myself

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

    This product has been out in the market for really long.. I have the Nostromo N30 =P I'm not sure bout the N52, but the ergonomics of the N30 isn't that great compared to modern game mouses cause of it's small size..

    The N52 is actually more suited for FPS games..

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

    din see tis...

    1 word... waste money... lol...

    its practically useless, rather get a better keyboard with quick keys. cos once u are accustomed to keyboard, its hard to switch over to tis.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

    Hi, regret the delayed response due to uncontrollable circumstances, but if you're still looking for an Xmas present, you could consider this toy:

    http://www.chproducts.com/shop/page2.html

    The Multi Function Panel is fully customizable and you can put the keys ANYWHERE in ANY configuration. The product comes with 25 keys and you can buy another 25 more keys for a total of 50 keys.

    The only downside is that it is quite expensive - in Singapore they sell for almost $400.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ho View Post
    Just wondering if anyone is using this?



    I am thinking of buying this for game (MMORPG) purpose . Just like to get some feedback regarding its

    1) Weight - Is it stable enough with your hands on it?
    2) Keys Mapping - is it easy to do key mapping in game ?
    3) Grip & comfort - Is it comfortable resting your palm on it for more than 30 mins

    before I spend some money on this Xmas present for myself

    Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Hi, regret the delayed response due to uncontrollable circumstances, but if you're still looking for an Xmas present, you could consider this toy:

    http://www.chproducts.com/shop/page2.html

    The Multi Function Panel is fully customizable and you can put the keys ANYWHERE in ANY configuration. The product comes with 25 keys and you can buy another 25 more keys for a total of 50 keys.

    The only downside is that it is quite expensive - in Singapore they sell for almost $400.
    Wow its nice but definitely out of my budget.

    Anyway I bought the n52. Response is good and it takes me 2-3 days to get used (placing my hand on it instead of keyboard) to it.


  6. #6
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

    Heh, yea I'm struggling with myself to justify buying that for about 6 months already :P

    How's the n52? Seems like you find its good :P

    What games do you run it on?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ho View Post
    Wow its nice but definitely out of my budget.

    Anyway I bought the n52. Response is good and it takes me 2-3 days to get used (placing my hand on it instead of keyboard) to it.


  7. #7

    Default Re: Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Heh, yea I'm struggling with myself to justify buying that for about 6 months already :P

    How's the n52? Seems like you find its good :P

    What games do you run it on?
    I play Ultima Online. Instead of the usual Ctrl-Shift-Alt + alphnumeric or function keys, my macro keys now all on the n52. So much faster. But I must say that its take me quite a while to get use to it.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ho View Post
    Just wondering if anyone is using this?



    I am thinking of buying this for game (MMORPG) purpose . Just like to get some feedback regarding its

    1) Weight - Is it stable enough with your hands on it?
    2) Keys Mapping - is it easy to do key mapping in game ?
    3) Grip & comfort - Is it comfortable resting your palm on it for more than 30 mins

    before I spend some money on this Xmas present for myself

    Thanks!
    what does this do hicky do?

  9. #9
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

    Ah I see, for me I'm playing Dota.

    What I found to be good and affordable, and not having to own one more device, is the Logitech G15 (old version). The old version has 18 keys that are capable of macros as well, with an LCD screen for added functions. These 18 keys are in addition to the usual QWERTY keyboard and numeric keypad. Of course however, they are arranged in a simple rectangular format, and not really layout-ed in a "HAND" format like this n52.

    The new version of the G15 is lousier, with only, I think 6 macro keys or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ho View Post
    I play Ultima Online. Instead of the usual Ctrl-Shift-Alt + alphnumeric or function keys, my macro keys now all on the n52. So much faster. But I must say that its take me quite a while to get use to it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •