Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Shutterstock

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Serangoon United
    Posts
    289

    Default Shutterstock

    Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post this.

    I need to get some photos from shutterstock but i don't want to register their package $199 for a month, i just need 1-3photos for my website.

    Any brother or sister here who have the account can help me buy then i pay you back? Or is there anyway i can just buy that few photos i need?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    US$199 for 3 pictures already cheap

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    639

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Quote Originally Posted by jus View Post
    Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post this.

    I need to get some photos from shutterstock but i don't want to register their package $199 for a month, i just need 1-3photos for my website.

    Any brother or sister here who have the account can help me buy then i pay you back? Or is there anyway i can just buy that few photos i need?

    Thanks
    Actually if i'm not wrong, i think they do have a per photo sales as well.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Try dreamtime mopre cheaper. Merry christmas.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    Try dreamtime mopre cheaper. Merry christmas.
    And there are also istockphoto, StockXpert, Fotolia, BigStock etc. etc.

    Most probably could find the same photos in these sites as microstock shooters tend to submit to as many sites as possible for more sales.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    US$199 for 3 pictures already cheap
    I think the buyer plans to pay $1 per photo.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Serangoon United
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    US$199 for 3 pictures already cheap
    How much do they usually charge? I saw from istockphoto a 1200 x 1600 medium size photo cost US$4.

    The Shutterstock US$199 is for 30 day @ 25 photos per day. That will come up to 750photos for the whole month. That will come up to US$0.265/photos.

    I don't mind paying US$4 for a photo that i want. But not US$199 for just one photo or US$66/photo for 3 photos.

    Anyone can help?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Serangoon United
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    Try dreamtime mopre cheaper. Merry christmas.
    Pls give more constructive feedback. Thank you

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Quote Originally Posted by jus View Post
    I don't mind paying US$4 for a photo that i want. But not US$199 for just one photo or US$66/photo for 3 photos.

    Anyone can help?
    The question to ask is, can licensed users legally sub-license the images to you? If not, what you are asking for is piracy.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Serangoon United
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I think the buyer plans to pay $1 per photo.
    Well if a 300x400 (xsmall size from istockphoto) is enough for my use, yes i would get that at US$1.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Serangoon United
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    The question to ask is, can licensed users legally sub-license the images to you? If not, what you are asking for is piracy.
    Thank you for highlighting.

    Anyone know the answer to this? If its illegal mod pls close thread.

    Thank you

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Serangoon United
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    And there are also istockphoto, StockXpert, Fotolia, BigStock etc. etc.

    Most probably could find the same photos in these sites as microstock shooters tend to submit to as many sites as possible for more sales.
    Thank you. Will look into those sites you mention.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Thank you.
    Last edited by airforce1; 23rd December 2007 at 05:56 PM.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    I paid about $80~150 per photo for my company website and we consider it money well spent because it's of proffesional quality and creativity.....most importantly it saves us a lot of time and effort and we can concentrade our man power on content development

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Serangoon United
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: Shutterstock

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I paid about $80~150 per photo for my company website and we consider it money well spent because it's of proffesional quality and creativity.....most importantly it saves us a lot of time and effort and we can concentrade our man power on content development
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, I just got to know from a friend who design website for companies. He charge companies anything from $100 onward per photo.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •