Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Where to FIND/BUY valued for money Hygrometers? For both Analogue & Digital ones?

  1. #1

    Default Where to FIND/BUY valued for money Hygrometers? For both Analogue & Digital ones?

    Where to FIND/BUY valued for money Hygrometers? For both Analogue & Digital ones?
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

  2. #2

    Default Re: Where to FIND/BUY valued for money Hygrometers? For both Analogue & Digital ones?

    Home FIX at marina Square or Thomson PLaza. About S$30++

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Where to FIND/BUY valued for money Hygrometers? For both Analogue & Digital ones?

    Bought a digital hygrometer from my usual DIY shop at Sim Lim sq. I use this for reference checking.

    For dry boxes I always prefer the analogue meter ones.
    No need to insert battery regularly. This is much more sensible.

    Digital meters LCD readout can fade over time. Even if you put in new battery. (If don't believe can ask any Contax RTS III owner and what they see inside the viewfinder of their old RTS III. )

    From my digital meter which I can put into the box, I know how far off the analogue meter is. And can adjust for the reading.

    If you want to have separate analogue meter, small mom and pop shop in Toa Payoh sells them. I am sure all over the island have similar.

    About $15.

    Cathay offers to give you a digital meter version if you top up $15 when you buy an Akarui dry box.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Where to FIND/BUY valued for money Hygrometers? For both Analogue & Digital ones?

    I have seen digital hygrometers being sold at Sim Lim Tower at a cheaper price as compared to Home Fix. See this thread: http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=311613

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where to FIND/BUY valued for money Hygrometers? For both Analogue & Digital ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    ...........

    For dry boxes I always prefer the analogue meter ones.
    No need to insert battery regularly. This is much more sensible.

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    From my digital meter which I can put into the box, I know how far off the analogue meter is. And can adjust for the reading.

    Both exactly what I my thoughts!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    If you want to have separate analogue meter, small mom and pop shop in Toa Payoh sells them. I am sure all over the island have similar.

    About $15.

    Cathay offers to give you a digital meter version if you top up $15 when you buy an Akarui dry box.
    Cathay wanted $45 for the analgoue, no more digital in stock that day. I bought a digital one fron John 3:16 for $28, a tiny one that goes into the bag. The one at Selfix is bigger than my hanphone!!

    I want to buy Analgoue ones (no batteries) for the piano, storage room, closet... having lots of problem with humility. Just repaired my 88-piano keys for $600!!

    I want to find that $15 analogue meter! Still looking around Tampines/Simei area. Bros around here if you can find them, let me know.

    Otherwise, MASS ORDER le.... I think $7 for analgoue, and $15 for Digital ones is fair.. Anyone?? I like 4 of each!
    Last edited by Caspere; 24th December 2007 at 07:22 AM.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where to FIND/BUY valued for money Hygrometers? For both Analogue & Digital ones?

    It seems Caspere you need a dehumidifier for your house/room, instead of the hygrometers!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Where to FIND/BUY valued for money Hygrometers? For both Analogue & Digital ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrngbss View Post
    It seems Caspere you need a dehumidifier for your house/room, instead of the hygrometers!
    I already do have ONE dehumidifier !!

    I just need the meters to tell me where to use the dehumidifier. It is unlikely I would want 4 dehumidifiers in the house right?
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •