Thread: Wine glass

Default Wine glass

Took this shot in my home studio. Took this picture because i was to relate real wine with the word wine, life and style. Want to give a relax mood since its the holidays.

things i want to know:
    1) I want to know if the people are kinda disturbing because they cannot really see the glass and the white background. reason i did that was to portray a feel of elegance.
    2) any comments from you guys for me to improve?

Thanks!

Default Re: Wine glass

you need more contrast. the black isn't there to have the feel of the glass contour.

should have a light to lightup the background to have a white background, and another light to illuminate the glass from below. then a fill in on either side and a black gobo on the other.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

tried edit a bit, but EXIF has not been changed

I reckon that black background would be better..

In my view, the first pic is better than the edited one.

(opss double posted)
    Last edited by ArcticFox; 22nd December 2007 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    you need more contrast. the black isn't there to have the feel of the glass contour.

should have a light to lightup the background to have a white background, and another light to illuminate the glass from below. then a fill in on either side and a black gobo on the other.
    Thanks! I will take note and try soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Nenjia View Post

Thank you. I see the outline of the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post

Yup! Planning to use a black background for my next shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post

not really, a white would be better to illustrate the red, a black with red would be a no no...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Pardon me, is that real wine you're using cause it's look like ribena with gas.

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    Pardon me, is that real wine you're using cause it's look like ribena with gas.
    Yeah. Its real wine. No idea why there are gas bubbles. Probably because i pour it down too quickly.

hello, i edited your photo and if in anyway you dont like it please tell me to remove it.
    i thought it looked nicer after the editing.

hope you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by k3nshinx View Post
    hello, i edited your photo and if in anyway you dont like it please tell me to remove it.

hope you like it.

I like this better. The vignetting helps to bring out the shape of the glass well and I don't have to try "hard" to figure out the shape of the glass ( compare to the first and second one ).

However it also exposes more flaws. The glass wasn't very clean. The top right end of the glass, you can see some stain. The 'L' from the word 'Life' becomes more like 'ife' unless you take longer time to read it. It's like glancing through the 3 words but the word 'Life' took a longer attention span compare to 'Wine' and 'style'. Kinda distrupting.

However I do like the color of the black and the richness of the red of the wine. It is synonymous with 'style'=class=rich. ( to me ). A clearer bubble ( like the original photo ) would be good though.

Overall, I think that the picture by k3nshinx brings out the connotations of " Life, Style, Wine" more convincingly.

Quote Originally Posted by k3nshinx View Post

hope you like it.
    I agree with this photograph more the original image was too bright thus being slightly abusive to the eyes. In k3nshinx version the colors are more distinct and anyway since when was life ever pure white =) However the original would be good if you want to emphasize the brand on the glass because it is by far the most distinct object in the photograph. Yup! Good shot! Looking forward to see more of your work! =)