Thread: newbie Question

Default newbie Question

Hi,
    I need your expert advise, im planning to buy a DSLR camera and saw the sony alpha is it a good brand to buy?

Default Re: newbie Question

Quote Originally Posted by rmmark2000 View Post
    Hi,
    I need your expert advise, im planning to buy a DSLR camera and saw the sony alpha is it a good brand to buy?
    You bet bro. The Sony Alpha is very good (at least to me). Are you planning to get the A100 or A700? Have you tried the camera at the Sony shops?
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Blog Entries

Sony makes great portable audio stuff

TV as well

I myself use Canon and would prefer Canon, but in the end it's still up to individual preference..
    I would advice getting camera brands who are already well known in the field..
    Just my opinion..

Most of the brands are good here. It's all a matter of personal choice.

Go read up more and go try out the different cameras in the shop. See which you'd like better in your hands.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

I would advice to look at the more 'common brands' where there are more users. An indication is the number of threads found in this forum at the section for Equipment Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Sony makes great portable audio stuff

TV as well
    excellent game consoles too
    P&S: Sony U20, Pana-leica FZ5, Canon S90, Pana DMC-T3
    SLR: Nikkor F60, Oly E-510, Oly E-5

The Sony A700 had a very good Review recently.....

dpreview for Sony A700

Check it out.....

But I'm very much into Canon myself....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Actually its up to you and your feeling sounds cheesy but ya.. you get a different feeling with different cameras, and you go with the one which you feel the most comfortable with (provided it's within your budget la...) but the A700 is pretty good. Played around with a buddy's one last week, like the handling and the weight.

The choice is yours.... it much depends on various factors:

1) Your budget - those with deep pocket will go for Leica
    2) Your consciousness about brands - Nikon, Canon [commonly seen everywhere]
    3) Where will you be using for most occasions as speed, lighting, type of lens available will determine your choice
    4) Do you upgrade periodically? DSLR has new models and upgrades frequently...

One important factor will be your feel when holding the camera - do you like the holding, design, the "wow" factor, the weight.....

I noticed some people bought DSLR because it is trendy and looks cool ... the "wow" factor as one is holding a DSLR, attached with a grip.... professional flash and big lenses..... but end of day, the owners have to sell it at a loss because it does not make sense to carry such bulky items when going outing, especially tour where one should be enjoying it...

If you are one who does not mind carrying such bulky items all the time, including tour since you like to take professional photos... go for it.. if not, see what you really need....