Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Eye e City 2007 Registration

Default Re: Eye e City 2007 Registration

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Yup, mine did.
    Congrates mate!

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    hahaha.... maybe can start working on the challenge part.
    submit the single and photo essay dun have one get in.
    sianz... friend who is also first timer got her entries selected.
    Maybe her photo gives more meaning than mine.
    The facilitator i was with he said normally ppl dun no what to shoot on the first try but after the first try they will know what to shoot, when they start to look at the works of others!

For me maybe i lucky ba.... U can go to library to look at the past work n can even borrow them!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    The facilitator i was with he said normally ppl dun no what to shoot on the first try but after the first try they will know what to shoot, when they start to look at the works of others!

For me maybe i lucky ba.... U can go to library to look at the past work n can even borrow them!
    Hi all,

Been following EeC since 03 or 04 but 06 was the first time I participated and 07 the second. Got selected the both times. Mine was Group 4 this time, wonder what that is.

As for choosing what to shoot, I am the other way round: the more I see other people's shots, the less ideas I have, because I'm very sure they won't be selecting my photos if I borrow old ideas!!!

I had a hard time conceiving ideas about what to shoot. Browsed through the old EeC books, look around bookshops, and even asked around for ideas. In the end, I got more lost! Then I decided to shut out everything, and then I asked myself, what do I, as a Singaporean, want to preserve as my memory of Singapore, not merely on 31.12.2007 or in the year 2007. In the end, I think I discovered what I wanted.

I would advise one and all to shut out other people's ideas and instead utilize your uniqueness, your creativity, to decide what YOU want to remember Singapore as. It's about YOU and SINGAPORE, first and foremost, then about photography, the exhibition or the book.

That day, I discovered I truly love my Motherland.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by piecemeal View Post
    Hi all,

Been following EeC since 03 or 04 but 06 was the first time I participated and 07 the second. Got selected the both times. Mine was Group 4 this time, wonder what that is.

As for choosing what to shoot, I am the other way round: the more I see other people's shots, the less ideas I have, because I'm very sure they won't be selecting my photos if I borrow old ideas!!!

I had a hard time conceiving ideas about what to shoot. Browsed through the old EeC books, look around bookshops, and even asked around for ideas. In the end, I got more lost! Then I decided to shut out everything, and then I asked myself, what do I, as a Singaporean, want to preserve as my memory of Singapore, not merely on 31.12.2007 or in the year 2007. In the end, I think I discovered what I wanted.

I would advise one and all to shut out other people's ideas and instead utilize your uniqueness, your creativity, to decide what YOU want to remember Singapore as. It's about YOU and SINGAPORE, first and foremost, then about photography, the exhibition or the book.

That day, I discovered I truly love my Motherland.

Cheers.
    Good advice Bro! Thanks for your tips! Now i know what to look out for!
    For me actually i went for the shoot first later then while submitting gt to find out that i can browse past work from the library so i go borrow back to see see!

It doesn't matter if you were selected or not, what matters is that you discovered what connects you to the city.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Deregistered

Just like to share an article on "The Straits Times Thursday, March 13 2008.

German Photgrapher Peter Bialobrezeski say "At the end of the day, you can't photography to win competitions. You have to photography to understand who you are and how your thinking, which is reflected in your photgraphys, can help provide a better understanding of the world."

The exhibition is on the Art Gallery, Goethe-institut Singapore, 163 Penang Road #05-01 Winsland house 2 from 13 to 31 March 9am - 6pm Closed on Sunday and Public Holiday.

Hope this help a bit to all my friend.......
    Last edited by nicholas68; 16th March 2008 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas68 View Post
    Just like to share an article on "The Straits Times Thursday, March 13 2008.

German Photgrapher Peter Bialobrezeski say "At the end of the day, you can't photography to win competitions. You have to photography to understand who you are and how your thinking, which is reflected in your photgraphys, can help provide a better understanding of the world."

The exhibition is on the Art Gallery, Goethe-institut Singapore, 163 Penang Road #05-01 Winsland house 2 from 13 to 31 March 9am - 6pm Closed on Sunday and Public Holiday.

Hope this help a bit to all my friend.......
    Thanks for sharing Nicholas!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint View Post
    Thanks for sharing Nicholas!
    No problem.

hi guys

1) the "group#" u see in the notification e-mail is for the committee to use as reference. so u guys dont have to be bother by it.

2) the book will be printed in matt. as per nikkie had suggested.

how about a show of hand please, how many of us in clubsnap took part in the "07 eye e city"?

01. Melvin (first timers but dun think will be selected for Exhibit cos sick n luan luan shoot)
    02. leejay (first timer too: as always, first time take part, first time kockup ^^)
    03. cckue (my 6th time joining, super senior)
    04. estronutz (my first)
    05. Nicholas wee (my first also)
    06. J-Chan (2nd time, didn't go as well as my first though.. didn't finish the roll, overslept on the 1st.. haiz..)
    07. Snoweagle (first time)
    08. LaoKaYu (not first time)
    09. Onceinabluemoon (first timer and my first post in clubsnap )
    10. mojopy (first time. wanted to just submit 3 singles but the facilitator says i've actually got a photo essay. kudos to the organisers and facilitators.)
    11. sathea (5th time)
    12. LL (2nd time - 1st time digital, 2nd time film)
    13. my friend (forget their nick, 1st timer, digital)
    14. my friend (forget their nick, 1st timer, digital)
    15. my friend (forget their nick, 1st timer, digital)
    16. keast (first time, submit late + i saw my botak head in the multiply's picture)
    17. tomlowct (1st time. it was a super hot day!)
    18. archlover (1st time, using film, but kinda regret, i should just use digital >_<, and i see me also at multiply.. yay! )
    19. Benji77 (first time, film)
    20. ReQuest (1st time, film)
    21. Mezzotint (3rd time - digital. I oughta shoot film for this year perhaps.)
    22. Silverelf (1st time. Digital. Super scared hahaha!)
    23. YogiBear (2nd time - 1st time Film in 2005, 2nd time Digital)
    24. piecemeal (2nd time - 1st time 2006)
    25. drewdam (1st time)
    26. DemonicAngelz
    27. Tupi Guy (3rd time)
    28. zanshin (2nd time)
    Last edited by denniskee; 18th March 2008 at 03:07 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

hi guys

1) the "group#" u see in the notification e-mail is for the committee to use as reference. so u guys dont have to be bother by it.

2) the book will be printed in matt. as per nikkie had suggested.

how about a show of hand please, how many of us in clubsnap took part in the "07 eye e city"?

01. Melvin (first timers but dun think will be selected for Exhibit cos sick n luan luan shoot)
    02. leejay (first timer too: as always, first time take part, first time kockup ^^)
    03. cckue (my 6th time joining, super senior)
    04. estronutz (my first)
    05. Nicholas wee (my first also)
    06. J-Chan (2nd time, didn't go as well as my first though.. didn't finish the roll, overslept on the 1st.. haiz..)
    07. Snoweagle (first time)
    08. LaoKaYu (not first time)
    09. Onceinabluemoon (first timer and my first post in clubsnap )
    10. mojopy (first time. wanted to just submit 3 singles but the facilitator says i've actually got a photo essay. kudos to the organisers and facilitators.)
    11. sathea (5th time)
    12. LL (2nd time - 1st time digital, 2nd time film)
    13. my friend (forget their nick, 1st timer, digital)
    14. my friend (forget their nick, 1st timer, digital)
    15. my friend (forget their nick, 1st timer, digital)
    16. keast (first time, submit late + i saw my botak head in the multiply's picture)
    17. tomlowct (1st time. it was a super hot day!)
    18. archlover (1st time, using film, but kinda regret, i should just use digital >_<, and i see me also at multiply.. yay! )
    19. Benji77 (first time, film)
    20. ReQuest (1st time, film)
    21. Mezzotint (3rd time - digital. I oughta shoot film for this year perhaps.)
    22. Silverelf (1st time. Digital. Super scared hahaha!)
    23. YogiBear (2nd time - 1st time Film in 2005, 2nd time Digital)
    24. piecemeal (2nd time - 1st time 2006)
    25. drewdam (1st time)
    26. DemonicAngelz
    27. Tupi Guy (3rd time)
    28. zanshin (2nd time)
    29. T16 (2nd time and not selected)

hi all eyes

we at "eye e city" are planning a 3d/3n photo shot trip to penang in early june, where the good people at nan yang folk culture initiated the last 24hr of the year photo shot project. for detail, pls see this thread.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...70#post3968870

pls do not reply regarding the trip in this thread, (pls lar, make things simple for me ok )

best regards
    eye e city
    dennis kee
    Last edited by denniskee; 28th April 2008 at 01:06 PM.

hi guys

we are going to penang, if you want to join us, pls refer to this thread.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...85#post4000885

Some highlights of this trip besides taking photos,

1) The exchange between NYFC and EYE including slides show on past projects..
    2) They will be interviewing “Eye E City”.
    3) Yeow Wooi (point person at NYFC) invited us to shoot a temple’s Vesak Day Celebaration
    4) “EYE GOES PENANG” photo sharing session.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678