Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Eye e City 2007 Registration

Default Re: Eye e City 2007 Registration

Day before yesterday i recived an email from eye e city, and saw it is regarding essay contribution, was thinking maybe was not selected so was ask to write instead, consolation maybe my writing might be published so i was thinking wheather to write or not......

Till now when i saw this thread is back decided to see whats new and i saw DemonicAngelz's post saying that he got selected CONGRATES BRO!!!

Half-heartedly, I was saying to myself maybe i should check my mail again just to confirm and guess what...

The first line read:

Dear Eye Participant,

Congratulations! Your work(s) has/have been selected by Eye e City 2007.
    Wow couldn't believe it!

Once again would like to thanks the judges, Denniskee n organiser + most important volunteers and u guys in CS whom i learn alot from!

Quote Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
    For some reason, whether by fault of printing or quality of selection (i can't say for sure) i find the percentage of good photos in the past years' books relatively below mark. Many are casual snaps but of course there are also a number of seriously good/professional ones.

I recall buying a copy of collection of photos published before in Straits Times (i think it was some anniversary commerative thing) and can't help but to compare that w this Eye e City.
    With all due respect to the organizers, does this book sell well in past years?
    IIRC, the Facilator i am with during my photo selection told me that Eye the city is more of capturing moments n people not about photography skills n NOT a Competition as alot of people thought it was including me!

AM i right Dennis? correct me if i am wrong thanks!

ps: i am a newbie n still learning!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    IIRC, the Facilator i am with during my photo selection told me that Eye the city is more of capturing moments n people not about photography skills n NOT a Competition as alot of people thought it was including me!

ps: i am a newbie n still learning!
    I guess you're right. it's more about the moments.
    The ST's publication was also about capturing the moments, albeit by fulltime photo-journalists.
    Let's hope this years' Eye e city book is a keeper too.
    Last edited by nikkie; 13th March 2008 at 02:25 PM.

First timer and din manage to get my works selected.
    Was having some hope when i showed some of my friends the entries i submitted.
    haiz...

shall wait for my complimentary book.
    shall wait for the 2008 registration to open.
    shall wait...

btw... is there a diff in the groups????
    my email is group 2.
    Last edited by mojopy; 13th March 2008 at 02:34 PM.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Day before yesterday i recived an email from eye e city, and saw it is regarding essay contribution, was thinking maybe was not selected so was ask to write instead, consolation maybe my writing might be published so i was thinking wheather to write or not......

Till now when i saw this thread is back decided to see whats new and i saw DemonicAngelz's post saying that he got selected CONGRATES BRO!!!

Half-heartedly, I was saying to myself maybe i should check my mail again just to confirm and guess what...

The first line read:

Wow couldn't believe it!

Once again would like to thanks the judges, Denniskee n organiser + most important volunteers and u guys in CS whom i learn alot from!
    It's a good start, man. Keep it goin!

am 1st timer n received email that am selected...btw anyway to know which foto was selected..

tks!!

Thanks!

BTW can someone tell me whats Group 4 ?

yup. pls dont take this event as a competition.

for me, i take this as an opportunity to share with others what the past 1 year meant to me and event that i feel affected singapore.

it is not important if my work are selected, because this event had changed me. i now pay more attention to things surrounding me. and at least, i dont drink myself silly o the new years eve and than wake up with a headach on the 1st day of the new year.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

The first line read:

Wow couldn't believe it!

Just about what I was thinking ^^. Since I always thought my shots won't be selected, I was thinking maybe I can contribute a written essay.

Then the next day I received an email about being selected, I still can't believe it. Kinda worried I'll receive another email telling me that "unfortunately that email was mis-sent" o.O

Not saying the organisers doing slip shod work lah! In case you guys misunderstand me.

Almost didn't make this year's shoot, cos I didn't realise the registration was on 30th.. was a great excuse for me to not take part in it again.

I'm glad I finally got off my bum and did take part ^^. By the time I submitted my selections, I felt really good and was happy with what I did, regardless of whether my work was 'selectable' by the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverelf View Post
    Just about what I was thinking ^^. Since I always thought my shots won't be selected, I was thinking maybe I can contribute a written essay.

Then the next day I received an email about being selected, I still can't believe it. Kinda worried I'll receive another email telling me that "unfortunately that email was mis-sent" o.O

Not saying the organisers doing slip shod work lah! In case you guys misunderstand me.

Almost didn't make this year's shoot, cos I didn't realise the registration was on 30th.. was a great excuse for me to not take part in it again.

I'm glad I finally got off my bum and did take part ^^. By the time I submitted my selections, I felt really good and was happy with what I did, regardless of whether my work was 'selectable' by the judges.
    Hey! Are u my long lost twin? How come we have the same thinking was thinking also what if i recieved another saying sorry 'wrong no'

Me too also cant make it for registeration on the 30th......

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngelz View Post
    Thanks!

BTW can someone tell me whats Group 4 ?
    Mine is Group 3 anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    It's a good start, man. Keep it goin!
    Thanks for the encouragement! Was yours selected?

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    First timer and din manage to get my works selected.
    Was having some hope when i showed some of my friends the entries i submitted.
    haiz...

shall wait for my complimentary book.
    shall wait for the 2008 registration to open.
    shall wait...

btw... is there a diff in the groups????
    my email is group 2.
    These yr gt 2 types: the Eye Challenge n the normal one which is the last 24hrs! Can give both a shot!

Hey! Are u my long lost twin? How come we have the same thinking was thinking also what if i recieved another saying sorry 'wrong no'

Me too also cant make it for registeration on the 30th......
    OMG, this is starting to feel a little creepy.

Mine got selected too. It's my forth time to be selected.

Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    am 1st timer n received email that am selected...btw anyway to know which foto was selected..

tks!!

Congrats man. Must be the shot of the buildings. I love it.

Thanks for the encouragement! Was yours selected?
    Yup, mine did.

Quote Originally Posted by archlover View Post
    mine didn't (
    Cheers, mate. That's not the end. Make a comeback next year.

These yr gt 2 types: the Eye Challenge n the normal one which is the last 24hrs! Can give both a shot!
    hahaha.... maybe can start working on the challenge part.
    submit the single and photo essay dun have one get in.
    sianz... friend who is also first timer got her entries selected.
    Maybe her photo gives more meaning than mine.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast