Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matrix Reloaded: Who is that French man's wife?

To be honest, true, I will be tempted. But as I said, morality is a concept of state too. I maybe not be immoral, but I will be less moral than someone less who's not tempted. Granted that there's no absolute morality or immorality, but that's the reason why we use comparision as a gauge.

What I meant in my earlier post is, if a person is tantalized by erotic imagery, wouldn't you agree his moral is now lower than before?

A similar analogy, a rich man spends $1 million on cameras. He is still rich, but he is definitely poorer than before.

Originally posted by Prismatic
    To be honest, true, I will be tempted. But as I said, morality is a concept of state too. I maybe not be immoral, but I will be less moral than someone less who's not tempted. Granted that there's no absolute morality or immorality, but that's the reason why we use comparision as a gauge.

What I meant in my earlier post is, if a person is tantalized by erotic imagery, wouldn't you agree his moral is now lower than before?

A similar analogy, a rich man spends $1 million on cameras. He is still rich, but he is definitely poorer than before.
    OK, if you put it that way, I agree, but don't see any wrong to that until he actually act on it.

Originally posted by beluga
    OK, if you put it that way, I agree, but don't see any wrong to that until he actually act on it.
    By the time he acts on it, it will be too late. Thoughts are more dangerous than actions in some cases. There is a reason why premediated murder has a higher penalty than murder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12