Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So which has been better? Imedion or Eneloop??

Default Re: So which has been better? Imedion or Eneloop??

I am using Eneloop batteries. The first set I bought was inserted into my flash immediately and it lasted many hundreds of flashes and many many months (I am not a heavy users) and I must say I am totally impressed. Based on what I had read, the rating for Eneloop batteries is conservatively stated as opposed to most other brands. I don't know how good Imedion or Recyclo batteries are but I am so satisfied with Eneloop that I don't think I would be missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by viewwing View Post
    have always been a sanyo supporter... so eneloop for me... been working well for me... and i love the fact that rechargable batteries are able to retain their charge for longer periods now...

They are really handy when u forget to recharge or have no time to recharge your other batts... i usually keep 2 packs of 4s in my bag as my backup...

don't know about imedion... but i had pretty bad experiences with alot of the older gp rechargeble batteries (not being able to hold charge after 5 cycles and such) ... so didn't go into recyko...

anyway got lobang to get about 8x aa eneloop for $34-36
    You have to separate your comparison between the standard NiMH and the hybrids. People need to realize that when they are talking about Eneloop, they are also referring to the hybrids which will hold charge much longer. Maha's Imedion, GP's Recycko and Sanyo's Eneloop are in the same hybrid battery category. So, if one is performing close to the other and costs a lot less, than people should recognize that and not just blindly say Eneloop is the only way to go. In the past couple of years, Eneloop does not have many competitors so it can command a premium on its product. Now that others are coming out with similar product and price it much lower, they will start feeling the pressure. Singaporean do recognize good and cheap product fast so if Imedion or Recyko are good and cost less, then they will surely be the first to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by David Chin View Post
    I am using Eneloop batteries. The first set I bought was inserted into my flash immediately and it lasted many hundreds of flashes and many many months (I am not a heavy users) and I must say I am totally impressed. Based on what I had read, the rating for Eneloop batteries is conservatively stated as opposed to most other brands. I don't know how good Imedion or Recyclo batteries are but I am so satisfied with Eneloop that I don't think I would be missing anything.
    I think you should keep an eye on this thread:
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=26078814

This guy has done a very good job in his round one with quite a few hybrids. Now in this second round which just started a week or so ago, he is also testing Imedion and Recyko. The initial 1 week test shows both are the leader of the pack. The performance is comparable to Eneloop. The guy will come out with 1-month, and 3-month results which will give a very good indication of how good these batteries hold their charge. You might save yourself some money and at the same time support a Singapore main board listed company (GP) in the process. Although GP is a HK company, they have manufacturing facilities in Singapore.

I have been using Energizer rechargaebles for my flash.
    What is the diff b/w the hybrids like Eneloop and etc......
    Thx

Just a note about GP ReCycko+. The AA batts seem to be slightly fatter than normal, so you might need to squeeze them into some of the battery chambers that have a perfect fit with normal AA cells. The concern is that if for some reason your batts heat up during usage and expands, it may cause physical damage to your eqpt. I'm just hypothesising of course, hasn't happened to me yet.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

I have had bad experiences with past GP batteries. They leaked for no reason, and twice over two different set of batteries. Twice bitten already, now shy away from anything that is GP label...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12