Thread: F4 and F100, which is better ?

Default F4 and F100, which is better ?

Was wondering. Which is better ? Thanks.

Default Re: F4 and F100, which is better ?

Quote Originally Posted by glenyong View Post
    Was wondering. Which is better ? Thanks.
    I had both previously. They are both very good SLRs to begin with. The only thing is when you are not comparing them to their own era (timel line) of equipment then you will find that the F100 is better because it is newer meaning it came out later so more refinement and better metering and electronics has gone into it. That is not to say that in a a very expriences photogrpaher's hand both can not give the same good results.

If you are comparing like AF, AF zoning, light metering, coupling to newer lens..etc of course the F100 is a better choice.

Personallu if I were to get either one of them back again, I would choose the F100. If you have not held a F100 before, I advise you do, the build quality is superd to say the least. The F4 goes without saying about it's built since it has a heritage of being the best of each generation of Pro bodies. The F4 in particular to me was my "tank" compared even to my earlier F3 and F5. I have dropped it quite a few times and dent parts of it and it keeps on working right until the day I sold it. That's not to say you should try to do that yours every now and again heheh...

Get the F100 and add the additional battery grip if you want comfort in shooting vertical shots. That's my recomendation. Unless there are special features you want and really would need that can only be found on the F4 bodies.
    Last edited by sammy888; 21st December 2007 at 02:34 PM.

The F4 is built like a tank. The F100 has the more up to date features and better advancements in a lightweight body, but wont be as durable as an F4 which you could chuck off a mountain and it would still work fine, far fewer electronic components to fail aswell. I recently had this choice to make, and chose the F5 over both of these due to the solid body, super fast af and excellent durability and great features. The F100 can probably do the same in the right hands, but it wont match the F5 for AF speed or body.

F100 definitely... newer technology compared to F4 and is still built very well.

if you need durable body, go for F4. If you wish to have better technology, go for F100.

definitely f100 for me, it allows the use of VR function and also G lenses with aperture control if i remembered correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    definitely f100 for me, it allows the use of VR function and also G lenses with aperture control if i remembered correctly...
    So does the F5

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    So does the F5
    If he is going beyond the choice of either F100 or F4....yup. The F5 is the best choice. I think a second hand one is pretty affordable now from what I saw at some of the shops at Peninsula heh.

Thanks for good view from sammy and wild.
    But I will agree with gohaj on the tech part. F100 is newer but more expensive.
    F4 is definitely a tank that can run over the F100.

F5? way out of my budget.

Thanks fellas. Up for you guys!