Thread: a way to transfer photos from DC to ipod classic directly?

Default a way to transfer photos from DC to ipod classic directly?

hi pple,

is there a way to transfer photo image files from the digital camera to the ipod classic directly without using a computer/laptop?

i've search the net, and it seems that the apple camera connector only supports only the ipod with video but not ipod classic. belkin website also dun have such a accessory. i've also came to know that a media card reader might be a possibility to link to the ipod but couldn't find information for the classic.

any advice?

thanks

Default Re: a way to transfer photos from DC to ipod classic directly?

Quote Originally Posted by icube View Post
    hi pple,

is there a way to transfer photo image files from the digital camera to the ipod classic directly without using a computer/laptop?

i've search the net, and it seems that the apple camera connector only supports only the ipod with video but not ipod classic. belkin website also dun have such a accessory. i've also came to know that a media card reader might be a possibility to link to the ipod but couldn't find information for the classic.

any advice?

thanks
    Try asking Apple dealer in Singapore to see if the iPod Camera Connector would work with the new iPod Classic model that you have. I have one but then again, I am still using my iPod Photo. I know that the camera connector can be used for later model ( one generation later ..eg) There was no info on whether it can or can't work with later models or generation but I found it could work on Nano..etc.

Just abit more info on this caemra connector. It is just a simple piece of device which basically you jack into the charger end of the ipod and at the other end of this device is a USB slot which you can use to connect a USA cable on that end and at the other end you can connect it to your PC or yup.....DSLR ( in my case D70). You can save it from your DSLR to your ipod easy but the bad news is...it zap alot of your battery life from both your DSLR and the iPOD. I recall that I almost drain my ipod by just downloading 1G of photo to it from my D70.

For fast download...it is not practical but if you like me previously travell abit. what I shoot ..I can download it to my iPod as backup or to empty my CF cards ..I let it do so while I am sleeping in my hotel or I have about 2-3 hours of inbetween using the camera time.

Oh I paid SDG$59 for it. Not sure if you can still get this but I bought it at Challenger at Funan about 20 mths ago.

And yes that is the name of the ipod accessory from Apple. "ipod camera connector" (M9861G/A)
    Last edited by sammy888; 19th December 2007 at 11:41 PM.

I had a friend who also bought it and I heard it was really slow
    Visit my Homepage

Though of getting one....but after reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonman View Post
    Though of getting one....but after reading this.

Speed is not it's strength. If that is what you want...better to look for something else.