Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Import Night - Sad moment in photography

Default Re: Super Import Night - Sad moment in photography

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
    good one.
    only thing cannot aim big guns and fire multiple flashes at them
    can if you wear cameo and hide in bushes...that or master cameo jutsu!

thats why i really hate those ppl who owns dslrs and go shoot like that, makes photographers looks bad........, sometimes, why go and shoot such??? never see girl before? just like to bang each other??? got price? got $$$???

i just dun get it........
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    thats why i really hate those ppl who owns dslrs and go shoot like that, makes photographers looks bad........, sometimes, why go and shoot such??? never see girl before? just like to bang each other??? got price? got $$$???

i just dun get it........
    wah to do humsub guai need to gratify themselves somehow what...

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Im sure...from the tone of your reply..u r certainly one optimistic fella.
    Yes. I am very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ho View Post
    I have moved this discussion thread into Kopitiam, please limit the posting in those galleries to only photo/pics postings.
    Please post these in da kopitiam ok!

Why must post da same thing in those galleries again.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=325092&page=2

U go see da postings of da local model's attitude. Tatz professionalism.
    I m very happy and u go on be sad & depressed.

Deregistered

I was at the Super Imports Show for 2 days cos I was helping my friend at her studio.
    It was one of those 'eye opening' experience for me, as in saw alot of things really shocked me.

Well 1st of all, the highlight of the show clearly is not about the cars, neither is it about the car models. The limelight is obviously on the American models given all that publicity in the papers. The models are really fun girls, they can strike a conversation with you anytime anywhere. Very approachable and intelligent I would say. Unlike the more snobbish local models.

When the models first got onto the stage the first time, all the spectators are busy snapping and 'eye-powering' at the models that nobody bothered to applause them. The poor girls practically walked onto a 'silent' stage and the emcee and the models themselves had to rally and rally for support the whole time. At one point the models got so frustrated that she openly said 'You singaporeans suck'! I cannot disagree.

Then as the models walked around the exhibition hall, from booth to booth, every guy in the hall, and I do mean every guy, was following the girls as if they had never seen a woman their whole life. I see so many people carrying their Nikon, Canon DSLRs following closely behind the girls just waiting for a chance to take their pictures. But nobody would make an effort to give them the support of their appluase when they needed it. In the end the girls would rather stay in their trailer than come out to the exhibition hall due to the cold treatment.
    I said to myself this must be the lowest moment I ever witnessed in photography.
    Very sad, till now I am still disgusted by what I saw.
    As a model,you are suppose to be there for others to take photos of you.
    Or are you telling me everyone should put them on self glorifying pedestal?

There's always such scenes. Not surprising at all.

Tsk.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

The models are really fun girls, they can strike a conversation with you anytime anywhere. Very approachable and intelligent I would say. Unlike the more snobbish local models.
    I think this has as much to do with their background, different cultures, etc. By Western standards Singapore is still a very conservative society; girls from Western cultures tend to be more open, easygoing and so on and so forth. I wouldn't necessarily say it's down to any snobbishness on the part of the local models.

When the models first got onto the stage the first time, all the spectators are busy snapping and 'eye-powering' at the models that nobody bothered to applause them.
    Well that's a sad indictment of Singapore society really.

Then as the models walked around the exhibition hall, from booth to booth, every guy in the hall, and I do mean every guy, was following the girls as if they had never seen a woman their whole life.
    Same as above, it's a poor indication of society as a whole. Popular culture revolves so much around what comes off the telly and Hollywood, that the caucasian female maybe gets portrayed a bit too much as the ideal (see how different cultures have different ideals about beauty, through the ages). The fact that they aren't in plentiful supply in Singapore makes the appeal all that much stronger. That the guys are so obviously, for want of a better word, perving, just reflects badly. But then it's the type of crowd the event attracts too, so it might be a case of a small minority reflecting badly on the majority.

I said to myself this must be the lowest moment I ever witnessed in photography. Very sad, till now I am still disgusted by what I saw.
    I wouldn't say it's reflecting badly on photography really... more a reflection on those people that turned up at the event. Cameras just vaguely happened to be part of the tools for what they wanted to do; but it wasn't a case of the majority of photographers in Singapore descending on that event to do what you described.

I said to myself this must be the lowest moment I ever witnessed in photography.
    To some that's the high point in the art of photography made possible by Nikon and Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    blame it on cultural differences?

or not enough events for the photographers to shoot?

Anyway, wrong forum.
    Cultural differences?

Hell no. That's just plain rudeness exhibited by the photographers.

I do know friends who take pictures of models all for the sake of putting it on their miserable msn, facebook or friendster.
    Last edited by JamesW; 20th December 2007 at 10:31 AM.
    A camera cannot teach you how to see.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Cultural differences?

I do know friends who take pictures of models all for the sake of putting it on their miserable msn, facebook or friendster.
    That's what alot of the people here who show up at events do

Personally I prefer to shoot insects and animals.

The problem is that they're more temperamental than even the most diva of models.

The good thing is that you don't need to Gaussian blur to make them look better.

Yeah, I back u 100%. That's the attitude. Life's too short to be uptight. Have fun and enjoy. If the imported models are upset, let them be la. Our local models are v sporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphis View Post
    Yes. I am very optimistic.

Please post these in da kopitiam ok!

Why must post da same thing in those galleries again.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=325092&page=2

U go see da postings of da local model's attitude. Tatz professionalism.
    I m very happy and u go on be sad & depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    yea pretty sad i guess
    i was there on the 1st day too
    the crowd following them was huge so i decided to go shoot local models instead
    yah, dats wat i did...shot local models when the ang moh race queens come down the stage...

solve this problem very easy....

just like solve taxi problem

raise the entry fees! so easy $100..... less people ho say liao....

how to clap when you are holding to heavy camera?
    we clap with shutters, all those click click sound. unfortunately the MC is too loud. the models know that we respond with flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Cultural differences?

And whatz wrong wif tat for goodness sake?
    Letz see how 'miserable' ya friendz can be.

I have many shotz of Birdz or Marlinz I shot as my avatar etc Thank god! I m not ya friend for I'll be miserable.

Im not surprised, it happens all the time here, many people seem to have this selfish self cenetered attitude, its a shame, and it ruins it for everyone else, the models wont want to come back, and I owuldnt blame them after an experience like that. Bad day for Singaporeans and photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee3in1 View Post
    Yeah, I back u 100%. That's the attitude. Life's too short to be uptight. Have fun and enjoy. If the imported models are upset, let them be la. Our local models are v sporting.
    Well let me quote one true bad experience with local models from 'Super Import Nights'.
    It has nothing to do with the car models, but the FHM models rather.
    On the 1st day, the organiser invited the FHM models down for a short apperance, and as usual they will walk around the event hall visiting the booths.
    When these models came to my friend's booth (we are engaged to cover the event), my friend and I took some shots of them and they gladly posed for us.
    Just before they left, my partner went forward and requested to have a photograph with the FHM models (there were about 4-5 of them). They agreed, but I can sense that they are all pretty reluctant. After about 2 or 3 shots, the models felt that enough was enough and they scattered away to avoid anymore picture taking. And I distinctively heard one of the FHM models saying to another "Lets get out of here!", and the other model replied "YAH"! Then they just turned their backs to us and walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee3in1 View Post
    Yeah, Lets keep representing Singapore and photographers badly and turn a blind eye to everything! Yes!

vince123123
    Guests

Well said and highly practical and frank.

Not sure why they are complaining about having to do what they are being paid to do. Not happy then dont take the job lor....so funny one..

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    actually the girls themselves shouldn't feel offended. Everyone knows that the organizers bring in the girls because they know the girls will bring in the men (their intended audience). The women know that they will be snapped at and oogled and still decided that the pay check was enough to compensate for this. They know that people's baser instincts will come out and still complain. yes it was sad that the girls got treated like pieces of meat but they also put themselves in that position in the first place so they cannot just assume the high and mighty air...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast