Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Can recommend a bag please?

  1. #1

    Default Can recommend a bag please?

    I have an Olympus E510 with two lenses and a FL-50 flash. I'm trying to find a bag that can fit these items with the usual accessories like batteries and memory cards etc. I also travel a lot so I hope to get a bag that can fit into a cabin bag on an aircraft.

    Any recommendations please?

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    i'm using crumpler 6 million. quite good and has removable compartments inside. and it doesn't look like a camera bag at all, so less risk of attracting thieves.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    You can take a look at the Crumpler's Million Dollar series, or you can pop down to Cathay Photo to check out their selection of bags like Lowepro. Bring along all your gears to test the size if you are not sure.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    would you like a backpack or a shoulder bag?
    if backpack i will reccommend my all time favourite, Crumpler Customary barge
    i suggest what kelccm suggest, go down to the shops and try them out

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Think Tank Urban Disguise 40.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    What is your budget & what kind of bag are you looking for? Backpacks? Shoulder Bags?
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  7. #7

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    THanks for the suggestions! I'm looking for a bag that is easy to access while on the move. Budget wise, as long as its a fair price, I'm ok.

    I actually need to get another bag to carry my laptop and its accessories too, to travel around and to be able to fit in an aircraft. Something with wheels. I was thinking of the Rolling Computrekker Plus AW by Lowepro but I heard its a damn big bag and may not fit in. Are there any alternatives?

    okie tomorrow i'll go down to the various shops that sell camera bags and take a look! By the way, does Mustafa stock anything?

    Thanks!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Quote Originally Posted by KSeet View Post
    THanks for the suggestions! I'm looking for a bag that is easy to access while on the move. Budget wise, as long as its a fair price, I'm ok.

    I actually need to get another bag to carry my laptop and its accessories too, to travel around and to be able to fit in an aircraft. Something with wheels. I was thinking of the Rolling Computrekker Plus AW by Lowepro but I heard its a damn big bag and may not fit in. Are there any alternatives?

    okie tomorrow i'll go down to the various shops that sell camera bags and take a look! By the way, does Mustafa stock anything?

    Thanks!
    If you need a roller, the Think Tank Airport International or Airport Security may fit your bill and they are reputed to fit all international carry-on sizes. They look like standard luggages and seem to have better-built wheels. Security cables are also built-in for securing the roller to posts, seats etc.

    If you need fast access to items, you may wish to consider a beltpack or belt system. The belpack/belt system are comfortable and does not strain your shoulder like shoulder bags do and you can access the items easily by shifting the modules or swinging the belt/beltpack around. Tamrac, Lowepro and Think Tank have belt system.

    FYI, Think Tank products are only available at TK.
    Last edited by Randius; 19th December 2007 at 10:26 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Think Tank UD 50/60 can take your laptop plus all your photographing equipment, its a very nice bag
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Think Tank UD 50/60 can take your laptop plus all your photographing equipment, its a very nice bag
    Not to forget that it can also function as a backpack with the addition of the backpack harness.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Does anyone know which shop here sells the Think Tank? Checked out the web but seems llike no distributor here...

    I'm looking for a Think Tank bag that can store a small tripod as well. Anyone knows any model? tnx.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    If you need a roller, the Think Tank Airport International or Airport Security may fit your bill and they are reputed to fit all international carry-on sizes. They look like standard luggages and seem to have better-built wheels. Security cables are also built-in for securing the roller to posts, seats etc.

    If you need fast access to items, you may wish to consider a beltpack or belt system. The belpack/belt system are comfortable and does not strain your shoulder like shoulder bags do and you can access the items easily by shifting the modules or swinging the belt/beltpack around. Tamrac, Lowepro and Think Tank have belt system.

    FYI, Think Tank products are only available at TK.
    TK is the answer ....
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  13. #13

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    opps.. tnks

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    Does anyone know which shop here sells the Think Tank? Checked out the web but seems llike no distributor here...

    I'm looking for a Think Tank bag that can store a small tripod as well. Anyone knows any model? tnx.
    You will need to check the dimension of your tripod and backpacks like Rotation 360 and Glass Taxi can attach tripod. Think Tank actually has tripod bags but TK is not bringing them in due to possible slow sales and some design issues.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    hmm...sorry but what's the full name of TK? i'm not very sure..

    Thanks for the suggestions!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Quote Originally Posted by KSeet View Post
    hmm...sorry but what's the full name of TK? i'm not very sure..

    Thanks for the suggestions!
    TK Foto Technic
    #02-45 Shaw Towers

  17. #17

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    TK Foto Technic
    #02-45 Shaw Towers
    oh okie! thanks!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Quote Originally Posted by KSeet View Post
    oh okie! thanks!
    for e510/ 2 lens n fl50...try kata DR467 when u go TK..ii can put in a 17" lappy too..the camera compartment can store ZD50-200mm .

  19. #19

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    for e510/ 2 lens n fl50...try kata DR467 when u go TK..ii can put in a 17" lappy too..the camera compartment can store ZD50-200mm .
    Thanks for the info man!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Can recommend a bag please?

    You will never go wrong with the Think Tank bags, it looks just like any laptop/document bag so you can bring it to the office without people knowing that you have camera Equipment inside. It is also very slim, therefore very low profile.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •