Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Happen if U're Sick and Cannot Shoot on the AD?

Default Re: What Happen if U're Sick and Cannot Shoot on the AD?

Quote Originally Posted by randytay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Normally, it is the party who is aggrieved who comes out with the problems. And it is usually the person in a weaker bargaining position.

In your case, it could be you feel it is the paying party because you already accepted the money beforehand in accordance with your usual practices.

If you do the job without accepting the money beforehand, I'll think it is now the receiving party who comes with the problem.
    From a business point of view, I do not think anyone (and it is not restricted to photogs) will do it so my statement still hold.
    From client POV, I have to agree with vince123123, probably you have not come across clients that want your T&Cs amended and changed to make it fair to them. I am not singling you out you or any photographers, just generally in Singapore... many companies T&Cs even large corporation (SingTel/PacNet/Starhub etc.. etc..) are written totally one-sided.

If anyone willing to show their T&Cs, I am sure there are some terms that can be mutualised, which really makes it fair to both sides, doesn't mean that your lawyers write it for you mean there is no negotiation, that's business it is about coming into agreement.

../azul123

"free" is subjective. Heh.

Free*.

* Subject to buying 300 4R prints at $5.00 each and paying for all transportation costs incurred by the photographer.
    Last edited by Yatlapball; 23rd December 2007 at 01:56 AM.

Deregistered

how sick you can be ? dying soon is it ?
    This never happen to me before, but if i really sick, i will get them someone to stand in also ... and i will turn up and show face, let them know that i really cannot do their wedding.
    Cos i know there must be some blacksheep in CS, sure have collect deposit first ... then have another bigger job come in ... and try to gai-siao liao lor ... haha
    So better dun get a freelance to shot their wedding, get a pro ... haha

Hi Guys,

Read sometime ago an article on New Paper regarding a wedding association offering insurance for weddings. I thought its a great idea.
    Any info on the insurance scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel1 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Read sometime ago an article on New Paper regarding a wedding association offering insurance for weddings. I thought its a great idea.
    Any info on the insurance scheme?
    We had quite a few enquiries since the article was published on New Paper.
    The Wedding Photographers Association (Singapore) is now focusing on building up memberships, we need sufficient numbers for the insurance scheme to work. It should be up and running in 6 months time. Do keep a look out for us.
    just1book, no kidding!

vince123123
    Guests

Tip: Do read the T&Cs for any insurance agreement very carefully, especially the scope of coverage and any exclusions

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Tip: Do read the T&Cs for any insurance agreement very carefully, especially the scope of coverage and any exclusions
    Insurance is too complex with the necessary approvals from the various watchdog.
    It should be like a “professional indemnity” underwritten by the participating members and the Association.

Can you help with the first draft? Pro-bono?
    just1book, no kidding!

I believe its the photographer's responsibility to keep his own health at peek before the AD.

All Sickness display symptoms prior to the full bloom stage, so there's really no excuse to say you cannot turn up or find a replacement. Unless you are killed or physically disabled from an accident.

However all consumer should really remember this quote

"If You Pay Peanuts, You'll Most Probably Get Monkeys"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345