Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Happen if U're Sick and Cannot Shoot on the AD?

Default Re: What Happen if U're Sick and Cannot Shoot on the AD?

Oh dear oh dear,

this place is getting hotter and hotter..

dear Angel1,

if you able to find the photographer quote you $888 for your AD and include a coffee table book and 300 4R and album, you better sign him up now, even that you are getting married 10 years later, and pray for him everyday never get sick, getting prosper every year, and will never go out of business.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Okay. Next time I'll call you!
    what?? you want me to fly there to cover wedding for you??

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    like that backup quite siong in terms of opportunity cost.

unless he/she is like professional backupper every other day backup. (this would normalise to earnings of $100 / day) or $3K per month excluding CPF, leave, benefits..etc.
    I can tell u that many fgood freelance (family man photog) don't mind doing that 2 hours job instead of covering the whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel1 View Post
    Are you trying to suggest that if I fly budget airline, there's no guarantee I'm arrive at my destination? or get lousy food at foodcourt? This argument is so lame.
    I can appreciate the cost of running a business. Value of service.
    If a photographer quote me $888 for my AD and include a coffee table book and 300 4R and album. I think it's pretty standard out there in the market, thou I like another guy who quote me $1388. Looking at their portfolio, both have very good work, same offerings and hard to tell who's better. Im happier saving $500, and I expect him to turn up on my big day, if otherwise, I would not have engage him or be bother with fine prints that suggest otherwise. Any contract that suggest that for this lower price, do expect substandard service and lower quality? Think about it.
    I've to agree with you from the consumer's POV.
    The market or the profession is "unregulated", an association with a Code of Professional Conduct is needed. It would help to look after or balance buyers' and sellers' interests, it cuts both ways.
    A trade association is self govern to be selective of it's members, a certain standard is expected. Not price-fixing, but in various categories of prices or services.
    As a consumer, you're at least assured of a member turning up for your big day. In case of unforeseen circumstances, an equivalent or better photographer will be there for you. This and many other performance indicators are being discussed and to be implemented. You should enjoy on your big day and not having to worried too much.
    just1book, no kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    In the long history of wedding photography, there was one photographer who collapsed and died in the middle of ceremony because of heart failure.

He didn't get a state funeral or get to collect his payment.

May this be a lesson to the brave souls.
    Sion
    This games goes this way if you do not complete the gig do not expect to be paid. Yeah could have been one hearing of Ava Maria too many........ or he got the first real look at the bride kekekekeke and said "Oh God no I got to shoot that .... no way I'll drop dead first"

Quote Originally Posted by mo2 View Post
    Hello Angel1 ....

I Say ..... Good Luck to both the couples & photographers...

Imagine buying food off the streets from illegal hawkers and getting stomach upset...

If mild diarrhea then lucky, if food poisoning then god be with you, you have my sympathy.

There's also such a thing as the wrong couple for the photographer, so rather ask them find someone else...

If you really find the $888 photog as mentioned with 300 4R prints & coffee table book, do ask him to contact us as to how to make another $500 more...

I say what i say as i may not be the best but with 20 years experience shooting professionally, i can safely say 'No Good, Dont Pay' BUT come to me if you have the budget or really require a professional to do the job...

Better yet, let someone else find out which photographer infringe my copyright and i can AGAIN sue that poor chap another 15k ....

regards,
    Albert Chua
    Do all photographers think and talk alike?
    I search around for a photographer with 1K to 1.5K budget. Found that most are offering the same with some plus or minus. I did not even bargain. I don't expect more, just as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    I can tell u that many fgood freelance (family man photog) don't mind doing that 2 hours job instead of covering the whole day.
    Hmm I think u are missing the point - the stand by man is ready to run into action and cover the whole shizzzbang and not a couple of hours slot. Its a frigging nightmare as the situation would be tense to out right hostile. Black face to you aall the way could be a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    Hmm I think u are missing the point - the stand by man is ready to run into action and cover the whole shizzzbang and not a couple of hours slot. Its a frigging nightmare as the situation would be tense to out right hostile. Black face to you aall the way could be a reality.

I think u're missing the point.
    Many people don't mind working OT once in awhile. It is part of the job.
    But if u get them to OT everyday, then it is a no no.
    I'm pretty sure that there's a pool of such part time talent.

Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    It's implied that the whole day needs to be free of commitment. Else it defeats the purpose of standby.
    Last edited by CYRN; 19th December 2007 at 07:35 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

$888.........coffee table album.............300 4r............this guy sure fails in maths.........
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    what?? you want me to fly there to cover wedding for you??
    So you want me to fly bride and groom to you?

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    $888.........coffee table album.............300 4r............this guy sure fails in maths.........
    He survive on Sunshine bread everyday I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post

Man shall not live by bread alone

he also need peanut butter, kaya and kopi

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    If you include equipment depreciation, he might be paying to shoot. Or maybe no backup equipments.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

gotta try and find ppl to conduct bussiness course for weddings photographers in singapore, they are not bussinessman......
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    gotta try and find ppl to conduct bussiness course for weddings photographers in singapore, they are not bussinessman......
    ME, ME, ME!
    just1book, no kidding!

Actually ... Come to think about it ... I suddenly recall two incidents ..... I swear there's truth in this... if need to, i can even dig my past files for the wedding couple in question to vouch what i say is true. Challenge me even for money, there's truth in this i say ....

About 7 years ago, i was actually doing videography for my wedding couple and at 6.00am, i was told by them to help look for a replacement photographer as her photographer was ROBBED in her studio on the morning itself.... A Well Known Lady Photographer .... Can't mention name as she's still doing photography even today...

I actually called my buddy photographer friend & he turned up within an hour to do the shoot. This is what an actual wedding emergency means.

I've actually seen quite a few in my 7 years specializing in wedding photography.
    *Visit my website: http://everafterpictures.com/html/about.html ...

*The bride you see in wheelchair was taken at Changi Hospital. This particular incident happened when the bride's foot was caught under the wheel of car & sent to hospital for x-ray & treatment. Guess who pacify them & coaxed them for this 'Everlasting' shot. Is this journalistic wedding enough??

*Another wedding i encountered a couple whom quarrelled on wedding day & almost called off the whole affair. Guess who became the moderator and kept the couple at ease when all the brothers & sisters stood aside. Imagine the bride's mother coming up to you to help keep everything in control. (You need proof, i can arrange a meeting with the mom in question)

Other true stories of my 20 years in professional photography includes 'Killing of Singapore's most wanted man .... 'Youth whom shot passerbys & then commited suicide shooting himself in head' ... etc ... All my blood & gore pictures can be found in Straits Times gallery ....

Hee ... Hee ...

Pardon my bragging, but i do have some stories to tell at coffee shops when i turn 60 in 20 years time... By then i intend to start an old folks home for elderly photographers .....

regards,
    Albert Chua

Quote Originally Posted by mo2 View Post
    Actually ... Come to think about it ... I suddenly recall two incidents ..... I swear there's truth in this... if need to, i can even dig my past files for the wedding couple in question to vouch what i say is true. Challenge me even for money, there's truth in this i say ....

About 7 years ago, i was actually doing videography for my wedding couple and at 6.00am, i was told by them to help look for a replacement photographer as her photographer was ROBBED in her studio on the morning itself.... A Well Known Lady Photographer .... Can't mention name as she's still doing photography even today...

I actually called my buddy photographer friend & he turned up within an hour to do the shoot. This is what an actual wedding emergency means.

I've actually seen quite a few in my 7 years specializing in wedding photography.
    *Visit my website: http://everafterpictures.com/html/about.html ...

*The bride you see in wheelchair was taken at Changi Hospital. This particular incident happened when the bride's foot was caught under the wheel of car & sent to hospital for x-ray & treatment. Guess who pacify them & coaxed them for this 'Everlasting' shot. Is this journalistic wedding enough??

*Another wedding i encountered a couple whom quarrelled on wedding day & almost called off the whole affair. Guess who became the moderator and kept the couple at ease when all the brothers & sisters stood aside. Imagine the bride's mother coming up to you to help keep everything in control. (You need proof, i can arrange a meeting with the mom in question)

Other true stories of my 20 years in professional photography includes 'Killing of Singapore's most wanted man .... 'Youth whom shot passerbys & then commited suicide shooting himself in head' ... etc ... All my blood & gore pictures can be found in Straits Times gallery ....

Hee ... Hee ...

Pardon my bragging, but i do have some stories to tell at coffee shops when i turn 60 in 20 years time... By then i intend to start an old folks home for elderly photographers .....

regards,
    Albert Chua
    Hey Albert,

Want to write a book about it? So far there is none written by a wedding photographer yet.

Imagine what that does to your fame not to mention fortune.
    Last edited by Sion; 19th December 2007 at 11:56 PM.

Have to add this:

Being a good photographer also means 'Shooting with your heart & soul' ...

Experience comes with age, there's no shortcut but with passion, keep it alive ...

May the force be with you ....

Wah !! .... Response so quick !!

Yup! I should write a book as mentioned, but ALAS ! According to our WPAS president, our local market so small i will lose money for sure ....

Any sponsors?? I want some fame for myself ....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast