Thread: Happy & Sad

Default Happy & Sad

Hi All, Pros & Beginner

I'm happy to realise that there's such a forum for photography enthusiast.
    I should have search for such website before I make any move to purchase anything.

I'm own a FX8-Lumix to practice and improve my knowledge about photography. Hopefully in future I can build up this hobby and then might go into buying a DSLR.

Very recently, I bought a tele-conversion for my FX-8. It's a Vitacon 2.5x cost me $165.
    Which I think now, it's too expensive, am I right. Expert out there pls tell me more....

So this is the sad part, now I'm still playing with it. But looks like if I use this tele conversion lens & maximise my 12x optical zoom, it is very blurr at the end. I thought it should be sharp and nearer instead. I'm quite disappointed now, maybe i have not found out a way to solve this problem.

Anyway, glad to be part of this Club. Hopefully I can get more advises in here.

Default Re: Happy & Sad

erm... have you tried mounting it on a tripod or shooting it at maximum on a Bright and Sunny day?

for FZ8 if i'm not mistaken... its 12x... + 2.5 thats 14.5... and do not use digital zoom... that'll prob blur things more...

Try this... you do a super zoom with that teleconverter... put it on a tripod or table (stable one) set it to 10 sec timer. of course... u pre focus first...the pictures should not be as blur...

i may be wrong... but its worth a try.... anything under the 1/400 shutter range you will need a tripod... for maximum zoom...
    P&S: Sony U20, Pana-leica FZ5, Canon S90, Pana DMC-T3
    SLR: Nikkor F60, Oly E-510, Oly E-5

12x zoom will need really high shutter speed on handheld. Try using a tripod you'll be alot happier

It's an ok priced item. If it's blur maybe you play around to get the correct settings for your lens + tele's sweet spot. Some of my lens cost more than 2k, u figure..

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    It's an ok priced item. If it's blur maybe you play around to get the correct settings for your lens + tele's sweet spot. Some of my lens cost more than 2k, u figure..
    dont be sad bro..try to mount on tripod.. think handheld is the factor that cause it to be blur. if you can prehaps try to post some pic?
    Especially like the quote from bro dennisc last sentence.. haha..

Try to take something brighter too.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Dear all,

Thank you guys so much.. I will try out methods and see how
    Probably can post the pictures I taken so i better express the problem i encounter.

Iven