Thread: So commercially has this been a good year for you?

Default So commercially has this been a good year for you?

So commercially has this been a good year for you?

For me I have to work harder this year to introduce bells and whistles in my shots and also to diversify the market reach.

Hopefully next year I'll be better placed to meet the challenges.

There's still some money out there to pick up but you need to work harder at it in my field.

Default Re: So commercially has this been a good year for you?

I would say it has been. Been much better in the last two months than it has during the first half of this year. By the way I'm going, it will be an even better year in 2008. Good luck to you!

It's been good becos the trade is very much co-related to the economy and biz trend.

2004 - 2008 is the Golden Age ... make as much as you can ... before the Recession hit the USA ( Mid 2008 ) and China ( after 2008 Olympic )

Anyway, some businesses and trades are recession-proof ... Guess what ?

yes, business has been really good, but more importantly, I've had really really great clients this whole year and have loved working with everyone of them, making it really really fun to go into work everyday and that to me is the most important.

No, number of shoots dropped 25% compared to last year. No thanks to 8 cancellations. 2 voided marriages, 1 emigration case, 2 dead NOK, 3 just happy happy cancel and 1 still have cheek to ask for return of deposit. I expect next year to be slightly worse, from what I heard from other service providers.

But I find my health has been better with raised pricings and less biz. Last year December I was shooting till nearly went into hospital again. With raised pricings, in fact overall it is more.

Its Xmas eve! Today's supposed to be shooting actually, its one of the voided marriages case. Sad huh....

Anyway Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!
    My wish for next year, hopefully can make more, and dun need to activate yet another sideline....coz things are getting so damn expensive!
    Last edited by 2100; 24th December 2007 at 08:30 AM.

with every price raised from property to taxi fare, ERP etc... Time to adjust rates for 2008 again..

Well, it's better than last year.
    Hopefully 2008 will be much better.

Good Business and Good Health to everyone in 2008! Don't ever neglect either.

yeah I made money. so it is SFSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
    It's been good becos the trade is very much co-related to the economy and biz trend.

2004 - 2008 is the Golden Age ... make as much as you can ... before the Recession hit the USA ( Mid 2008 ) and China ( after 2008 Olympic )

Weddings?

Quote Originally Posted by artfakeme View Post
    Weddings?
    try medical.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang View Post
    yes, business has been really good, but more importantly, I've had really really great clients this whole year and have loved working with everyone of them, making it really really fun to go into work everyday and that to me is the most important.
    My office is 5 minutes away from your studio but never did I see you in your studio. Just want to drop in and say hello to you. And see see around your studio..

Hey Nicholas, no problem if you want to drop in. Just give us a call ahead of time as we are a by appointment only business. so we might be in but not open up the front because we are working on back end stuff like post processing. or we might just be out shooting. see you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post

Funerals. Everyone has to die sooner or later.

"Daddy, when I grow up, I want to be an undertaker, just like uncle Ah Hock!"

Deregistered

Hey Nicholas, no problem if you want to drop in. Just give us a call ahead of time as we are a by appointment only business. so we might be in but not open up the front because we are working on back end stuff like post processing. or we might just be out shooting. see you soon.
    Ok. Thank

Last edited by contaxable; 4th March 2008 at 08:34 PM.

Deregistered

I passby your studio last night. But the light was off. I guess you are not around.
    If you happened to in your studio please PM me.

many thank

I would say that 2007 has been fantastic for me and I'm really looking forward to 2008 and the exciting possibilities it holds.

Cheers!
    geraldtay

Yes...the years been pretty good and exciting. I have learned quite a fair bit as well...both photography-wise and business-wise. I have also made some really great friends in the photography industry.

The couples we have signed up with, bar one, have been really nice and as Kuang has mentioned earlier, it makes work more enjoyable. =)

Rates have increased and that has benefitted me as photographer quite a bit. I can afford to take up lesser jobs now and spend more time appreciating life.

u bet...duh
    hope all couples will understand lah!
    cnt wait lookin forward to yr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by STEV View Post
    with every price raised from property to taxi fare, ERP etc... Time to adjust rates for 2008 again..
    Cheap Artist Aint Gd, Gd Artist Aint Cheap!
    Dun Ask For Cheap Price, Aint not Fishmonger!:sticktong