Thread: dricabi

Default dricabi

i have 3 DHC120 dricabi.
    ALL 3 are set to 30%RH.
    prob is...all 3 reads differently.

one reads 54%, another reads 38%, and the other hovers around 45%.

the funny thing is i put a external RH reader into the one containing my camera equipments and it shows 55%RH when the dricabi reading shows 38%.

i really need to know which is the correct reading?such discrepancies in their readouts?

and my dricabi is never off but even though i set at 25%, it will never hit below 40%.

any one as any ideas?

Default Re: dricabi

Mine DHC-120 don't have this problem. It is always at 45% RH to 47% RH.
    Different instrument have different calibration method and reference point for taking the measurement.
    If in doubt, check out http://www.digihub.com.sg/service.htm

Hope that helps.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

I have 3 hygrometers on mine and only 2 will give readings 1 - 2 % apart. The non-digital is always off by 10%. The results are consistent so I give up - don't know what to do. BTW, ideally the RH should range from 45 - 55%. Ppl tell me lower than 40% and you'll run the risk of the oils in your cameras and lenses drying up! Personally I don't believe this but I keep mine around the 50% mark just to play safe.

Quote Originally Posted by syl View Post
    I have 3 hygrometers on mine and only 2 will give readings 1 - 2 % apart. The non-digital is always off by 10%. The results are consistent so I give up - don't know what to do. BTW, ideally the RH should range from 45 - 55%. Ppl tell me lower than 40% and you'll run the risk of the oils in your cameras and lenses drying up! Personally I don't believe this but I keep mine around the 50% mark just to play safe.
    can share where u buy your hygrometers?maybe i get another one just to double confirm.

and at which level you put the hygro?
    i placed the digital one at the highest shelf.
    somehow, i think the position of the hygro also influence the readings...

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i have 3 DHC120 dricabi.
    ALL 3 are set to 30%RH.

the funny thing is i put a external RH reader into the one containing my camera equipments and it shows 55%RH when the dricabi reading shows 38%.

i really need to know which is the correct reading?such discrepancies in their readouts?

and my dricabi is never off but even though i set at 25%, it will never hit below 40%.

any one as any ideas?
    With your kind of equipment you should be getting more reputable dry cabinets like Tolihan and Toyo Living. You can get electronic hygrometers from Sim Lim Square. I never have discrepancy problems with the hygro from Toyo Living and Tolihan cabinets all of them tally within 5%RH of the reading from the electronic hygro I have.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 18th December 2007 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    With your kind of equipment you should be getting more reputable dry cabinets like Tolihan and Toyo Living. You can get electronic hygrometers from Sim Lim Square. I never have discrepancy problems with the hygro from Toyo Living and Tolihan cabinets all of them tally within 5%RH of the reading from the electronic hygro I have.
    i actually have a toyo living.
    but a small one.and it never gave me problems since i got it more than 8 years ago.
    but when i checked with cp, they dont carry it anymore.
    so where can i get the 2 brands you mentioned?

i should have asked you earlier...sigh....

digicabi is liao lwee one...seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i have 3 DHC120 dricabi.
    ALL 3 are set to 30%RH.

A (wo)man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.