Thread: Is there any way to prevent calls that are leeching for information?

Default Is there any way to prevent calls that are leeching for information?

Not that i'm racist or what, but i am always skeptical about people speaking in those slang, and asking for your name once the call gets thru...

Then say, is this xxx company... looking for the sales manager or watever... then next time they call will be to talk about buying stocks, darn irritating bunch of people...

On 1 hand, if potential customers, you might not wanna piss them off, but these people really make me darn pissed that whoever call over with that kinda slang and ask about your name i normally will wanna just scold their ancestors in 1 single shot...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Default Re: Is there any way to prevent calls that are leeching for information?

Feed them false informations that tell them you are Ban Ki-moon.

Default Re: Is there any way to prevent calls that are leeching for information?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Feed them false informations that tell them you are Ban Ki-moon.
    wait is genuine customers how?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

It's really vey annoying and time wasting. So instead of feeding them information, I ask them for their info, if it's not relevant to my trade, and they keep asking those no relevant question, I would say sorry and put down the phone.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    It's really vey annoying and time wasting. So instead of feeding them information, I ask them for their info, if it's not relevant to my trade, and they keep asking those no relevant question, I would say sorry and put down the phone.
    just now got 1 clever liao... call over ask my company, then i think browse thru our advertisement, then say wanna buy the items, then ask my name, then the slang is so darn familiar, that i find it skeptical, so i ask them for their details, then they say via email, so i provide email, then start to find my position, blah blah blah... then sound not right... cos not asking about products instead go into personal details.

last time is those, hello, i'd like to speak with your sales manager... nnb... i hear di tao hang up...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Not that i'm racist or what, but i am always skeptical about people speaking in those slang, and asking for your name once the call gets thru...

Then say, is this xxx company... looking for the sales manager or watever... then next time they call will be to talk about buying stocks, darn irritating bunch of people...

ask them for their number, tell them you are busy and will call back later. if they are fishy, they wont give you their number.

those calling from bank ( POSB,Citibank...etc..) are usually willing to give you their number.

my point is? if you dont like them, board cast their number in IRC lor

ninelives digger...

u kena today?

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    ask them for their number, tell them you are busy and will call back later. if they are fishy, they wont give you their number.

those calling from bank ( POSB,Citibank...etc..) are usually willing to give you their number.

my point is? if you dont like them, board cast their number in IRC lor
    tactic & advice.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

last time these 'marketing gurus' call me up and offer me free spa sessions. i told them i just come back from the sixth free spa session during lunch time. and also added their company so rich to keep providing me with free spa sessions. i ask for the spa name and ask them to book a session for me the same day at 8pm after my work. the lady said never mind and hanged up on me.

haven't received another spa marketing call after that.

...people speaking in those slang...
    ...then the slang is so darn familiar...
    eh.. korean-idol, quick question... what do you mean by the word "slang" here ? Notice that it's quite common in Singapore that people use the word "slang" when they actually mean "accent".

Good suggestion from ninelives though. Good way to to combat these social engineering type tactics to get more info out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    eh.. korean-idol, quick question... what do you mean by the word "slang" here ? Notice that it's quite common in Singapore that people use the word "slang" when they actually mean "accent".

Good suggestion from ninelives though. Good way to to combat these social engineering type tactics to get more info out of you.
    i kena those asians who try to speak like americans...

That's accent, not slang.

Slang is a reference to certain words that are commonly used and understood within a cultural group, such as in Singapore, with all our locally understood and recognised Hokkien watercolour grammar, that is not used or understood the same way anywhere else.

Deregistered

I think you kanna those companies who hire Filipinos (they speak fluent english with an american accent) to harass you. My colleague kanna before and they are DARN persistent. Whenever they call, we will claim that he's outstation.