Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Controlled Models/Talents

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tomato
    Posts
    458

    Default Controlled Models/Talents

    Hi All,

    IU'm a 'Newbie' to Photography, but I was at a discussion with a group of fellow photographers and we were talking about Model/talent control... As we have heard some organisers(NOTE: Not model agencies) uses Contracts to haunt models/talents and to control them.

    Now, as a newbie I plea for some answers as to my following questions :

    1. Do the Organiser really have the rights to control these models/talents? Even right to giving out contacts?

    2. Even if there is paper signed, do the organisers really have the right to sue them? Meaning legally right ?(We all know that there is this 'Misguiding law' that applies, so even if there us signature on the paper, if such condition is being applied, the contract will be consider void? need legal advice, if any)

    3. Why is there such contract being applied where there is no actual advantages to the Models/Talents? (or to me probably there is no real advantages)

    ** Please note this is just a ordinary thread on question for ignorance newbie like myself, not pinalising on any people, thanks!

  2. #2
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Controlled Models/Talents

    Me noob oso. I just feel that unless the organizer has a proper model agency and the models

    signed a contract with him, otherwise the "freelance model" is free to pose for anyone's shoot.




    It's beri obvious who's the subject in question here.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tomato
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Controlled Models/Talents

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Me noob oso. I just feel that unless the organizer has a proper model agency and the models

    signed a contract with him, otherwise the "freelance model" is free to pose for anyone's shoot.




    It's beri obvious who's the subject in question here.
    Obvious, but not on purpose

    Still, not pinalising

    Plus, I don't want to get de-registered for posting questions.lol
    Last edited by psx2sg; 17th December 2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: add on

  4. #4
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Controlled Models/Talents

    THere is no question of rights or lackthereof here. If both sides sign an Agreement, then it binds both parties.

    The same dilemmna you are talking about for models with organisers is very similar to those of models with modelling agences. So many models have approached me for help on how to get out of those contracts they signed with agencies....

    Im not sure what you mean by "misguiding law" that applies though.

    And for those who aren't sure, can share some more clues on who the parties involved are? Also good to warn prospective people who are going to sign...

    I don't think there's anything to be worried about deregistration so long as what you say is the truth and not defamation.

    Quote Originally Posted by psx2sg View Post
    Hi All,

    IU'm a 'Newbie' to Photography, but I was at a discussion with a group of fellow photographers and we were talking about Model/talent control... As we have heard some organisers(NOTE: Not model agencies) uses Contracts to haunt models/talents and to control them.

    Now, as a newbie I plea for some answers as to my following questions :

    1. Do the Organiser really have the rights to control these models/talents? Even right to giving out contacts?

    2. Even if there is paper signed, do the organisers really have the right to sue them? Meaning legally right ?(We all know that there is this 'Misguiding law' that applies, so even if there us signature on the paper, if such condition is being applied, the contract will be consider void? need legal advice, if any)

    3. Why is there such contract being applied where there is no actual advantages to the Models/Talents? (or to me probably there is no real advantages)

    ** Please note this is just a ordinary thread on question for ignorance newbie like myself, not pinalising on any people, thanks!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tomato
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Controlled Models/Talents

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    THere is no question of rights or lackthereof here. If both sides sign an Agreement, then it binds both parties.

    The same dilemmna you are talking about for models with organisers is very similar to those of models with modelling agences. So many models have approached me for help on how to get out of those contracts they signed with agencies....

    Im not sure what you mean by "misguiding law" that applies though.

    And for those who aren't sure, can share some more clues on who the parties involved are? Also good to warn prospective people who are going to sign...

    I don't think there's anything to be worried about deregistration so long as what you say is the truth and not defamation.
    Hm... Misguiding, common one will be like, example : sales man tell his/her customer that things will be fulfilled but verbally agreed (example, accident insurance all can double claim), and then asked the customer to signed the contract, the agreement appear on the contracts are different from what the salemen said or theres a fineprint which the sales man did not mentioned.

    something like that.

  6. #6
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Controlled Models/Talents

    Oh okay, I get what you're saying now, you're referring to what is legally referred to as "misrepresentation" being a ground to try to void a contract that is signed.

    Quote Originally Posted by psx2sg View Post
    Hm... Misguiding, common one will be like, example : sales man tell his/her customer that things will be fulfilled but verbally agreed (example, accident insurance all can double claim), and then asked the customer to signed the contract, the agreement appear on the contracts are different from what the salemen said or theres a fineprint which the sales man did not mentioned.

    something like that.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tomato
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Controlled Models/Talents

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Oh okay, I get what you're saying now, you're referring to what is legally referred to as "misrepresentation" being a ground to try to void a contract that is signed.
    Ahhh....thank you very much for correcting my mistake! ang mo no good, lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •