Thread: Deal or No Deal

Default Deal or No Deal

Last week I actually watched this show for the first time. I know a couple of the new girls so I thought I would take the chance to watch them on TV.

Based on these two shows, why not just change the name of the show to "No Deal", let the contestant pick a suitcase and then open it! Seems the whole point of the game (i.e. maximise your expected gain) is lost on the contestants who just seem to want to show a stubborn defiance of the 'banker', who must be laughing his socks off!

Can anyone who's watched a lot of shows tell me if anyone deals early? Or does everyone just keep taking the 'No Deal' option until the end!?

Default Re: Deal or No Deal

hmm, some unproven leaks keep popping out saying that they are to sign a contract to make it entertaining... hence if you bank out immediately, i guess u will breech the contract or something...

anyway, i've stopped watching these gameshows since like 10 years ago... only glanced tis game show for a while and switched channel...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    Last week I actually watched this show for the first time. I know a couple of the new girls so I thought I would take the chance to watch them on TV.

Based on these two shows, why not just change the name of the show to "No Deal", let the contestant pick a suitcase and then open it! Seems the whole point of the game (i.e. maximise your expected gain) is lost on the contestants who just seem to want to show a stubborn defiance of the 'banker', who must be laughing his socks off!

Can anyone who's watched a lot of shows tell me if anyone deals early? Or does everyone just keep taking the 'No Deal' option until the end!?
    like SG's who wants to be a millionaire there prob won't be anyone who gets the big pay off...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    hmm, some unproven leaks keep popping out saying that they are to sign a contract to make it entertaining... hence if you bank out immediately, i guess u will breech the contract or something......
    you have a point... like all the contestants are very greedy...

Quote Originally Posted by iskofil View Post
    tats y they have so many dilemma, fear from producer, fear of going home with 1buck, fear of wasting time...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by iskofil View Post
    lol not greedy then why go on the show in the first place? Its like finding suckers who want something for nothing

if you want to get on the show. lst criteria is that you have to be a weirdo. something special and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by advrider View Post
    if you want to get on the show. lst criteria is that you have to be a weirdo. something special and interesting.
    I want to see someone acting like Jack Sparrow. That would be a hoot!

Since I can't play on TV, I got this to play at home.