Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice place to dine

Default Re: Nice place to dine

Italian food I dunno much but for that budget, I suggest The Imperial Herbal Restaurant, 3rd floor metropole Hotel, 41 Seah Street. For reservation call +6563370491 or +6563315112.

Dunno if the number are still valid as I had not been there for a long time liao. If you have flu, try their herbal tea. I mug sure cure one. Got Tiger that thing too if you want.

Eat at your own risk, I'm not responsible for after-effects.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Italian food I dunno much but for that budget, I suggest The Imperial Herbal Restaurant, 3rd floor metropole Hotel, 41 Seah Street. For reservation call +6563370491 or +6563315112.

Dunno if the number are still valid as I had not been there for a long time liao. If you have flu, try their herbal tea. I mug sure cure one. Got Tiger that thing too if you want.

Eat at your own risk, I'm not responsible for after-effects.
    The hotel has just undergone a major renovation. Not sure if the restaurant is still there.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Brown Sugar along River Valley Road.

Usually popular dining places is difficult to get seats on the day itself.

$$$$$$$
    If it's Italian, $200 is not enough if you want to dine places like Garibaldi but if you taking your gf out on Christmas Eve for dinner, then $200 would not be enough. Chef Roberto is one of the best Italian Chef in Singapore. Food : 9/10 and Service : 9/10 and Ambience : 9/10

$$$$
    Senso is more more within your budget. Italian chef. Food 8/10 and Service is 8.5/10 and Ambience :8/10

$$$
    Pasta Brava is a great place to dine as the price it's quite reasonable and the food is authentic Italian (Black Squid Ink Spaghetti is a must try!). Mattlock good choice! Italian chef. Food : 8.5/10 and Service is 6.5/10 and Ambience : 6/10

$$$$
    Another good Italian place to dine would be Michelangelo and Sistina @ Holland V (both same company but different types of dish is serve) This 2 restaurant is side by side. Price is mid range and reasonably priced. Portion is quite a lot. Chef David Warren from England. Food : 8/10 and Service : 8/10 and Ambience : 7.5/10

$$$$$
    Another one would be Zambuca at Pan Pacific Hotel but it's on the higher end range. Portion is smaller but quality of the food is there. Chinese Chef Dennis. Food : 8.5/10 and Service : 9/10 and Ambience : 8/10

$$$$$
    Pontini which is at Grand Copthorne Waterfront (next to Zouk) would be a good place to dine too. Price is reasonable as well. Cook by Italian Chef Michele (pronounce as MEE KAY LEI). Food : 8.5/10 and Service : 8.5/10 and Ambience : 8.5/10

$$
    Olive Restaurant is in the middle of no where. Food is average and service is so so. Ambience is nice but you will encounter a few mosquito bites along the way. Taxis is hard to get and you must call a cab. Chinese Chef. Food : 5/10 and Service : 5/10 and Ambience : 6.5/10

$$$$
    Bice is a nice place to dine as well. Food : 8/10 and Service : 8/10 and Ambience : 7.5/10

So this are just the few Italian Restaurants which I have dine and found to be good balance. To get good seating, booking early would be good.

I think for Chinese really depends on what you want to eat as there are so many types of Chinese Cuisine.

Cantonese, Shanghainese, Henan, Szechuan and so on. So unless you can find out more what your gf loves to eat, then it will be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    I think for Chinese really depends on what you want to eat as there are so many types of Chinese Cuisine.

Cantonese, Shanghainese, Henan, Szechuan and so on. So unless you can find out more what your gf loves to eat, then it will be easier.
    No no, she ISN'T my girlfriend.....

Anyway, thanks alot for all the info, wont mind more...Anyway, MAX budget is 800 per person. But i would most probably spend 300-400 max for two.( unless somewhere is so darn worth paying for)

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    $$$$$
    Another one would be Zambuca at Pan Pacific Hotel but it's on the higher end range. Portion is smaller but quality of the food is there. Chinese Chef Dennis. Food : 8.5/10 and Service : 9/10 and Ambience : 8/10
    I have to disagree with you on your rating for Zambuca. I think however the main problem here is consistency. The first time I went (lunch, about 18 months ago) the food was very good. The second time I went (dinner, about 5 months ago) the food was really bad - to the point that I will not go back again. I agree service is excellent but the ambience is geared more to the lunch time business crowd then to a romantic dinner.
    sk.images, ex - cyber_m0nkey

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    No no, she ISN'T my girlfriend.....

Anyway, thanks alot for all the info, wont mind more...Anyway, MAX budget is 800 per person. But i would most probably spend 300-400 max for two.( unless somewhere is so darn worth paying for)
    You are indeed a very good friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I've heard good things about Bice...personally I always eat at Pasta Brava at Craig street
    3-5 courses run me $50-$80.
    Pasta Brava is good. Senso as well. Other good italian restaurant are Marina Mandarin (cant rem the name off my head) and Zambuca at Pan pac hotel.

If u want very exclusive and intimate.. i heard Buko Nero at Tanjong Pagar road is good. Reservation required way in advance as i heard less than 5 tables available only.

ah.. just rem 1 more place. Wild Rocket, at Mount Emily hotel. It's italian with a bit of asian fusion. The Chef is a Singaporean Lawyer i believe. nice place, reasonable good food.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    You are indeed a very good friend.
    Lol, thanks, i take that as a compliment. ^^

Anyway, I'm only 16, wouldnt want to go anywhere too "serious" or "businessy".
    I was thinking either Hai Tian Lou at pan pac for chinese? Hmm, any recommendations for Italian restuarants near the town area(Marina to Orchard)? so its more convinient.

Thanks!

Lol, thanks, i take that as a compliment. ^^
    I did mean it as a compliment!

Senso at Club Street... dinner for 2 about 100. The warm dark choc cake + coconut ice cream is a must try

Deregistered

Hey guys, i would like recommendations for where to dine. Preferbly italian/chinese. Not alot of people and easy to get a space within same day of reservation. The food has to be superb. Budget wise, 800 per person? Of course, one to two hundred would suffice. For two.
    Try Garibaldi at Purvis Street, Porta Porta at North Changi Gardens, II Lido at Sentosa Golf Club,Pasta Brava at Craig Road.

Chinese is a very general term so you need to specify whether you want Cantonese, Hainanese, Teochew etc..

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    Pasta Brava is good. Senso as well. Other good italian restaurant are Marina Mandarin (cant rem the name off my head) and Zambuca at Pan pac hotel.

If u want very exclusive and intimate.. i heard Buko Nero at Tanjong Pagar road is good. Reservation required way in advance as i heard less than 5 tables available only.
    Yeah Buko Nero is but seanlim said he wants reservation on the same day

Quote Originally Posted by sk.images View Post
    I have to disagree with you on your rating for Zambuca. I think however the main problem here is consistency. The first time I went (lunch, about 18 months ago) the food was very good. The second time I went (dinner, about 5 months ago) the food was really bad - to the point that I will not go back again. I agree service is excellent but the ambience is geared more to the lunch time business crowd then to a romantic dinner.
    I guess there are good days and bad days. I have had my fair share on some other restaurants which I thought was good at first and then bad.

From what I can tell you is sometimes the Executive Chef is not there all the time to see it through. If my food is bad or not up to my standard, I will always invite the chef that cook my meal and tell them about it. When it comes to food standards in Singapore, there isn't much consistency.

That goes to all restaurant EXCEPT one which is at Regent Hotel. It's called IGGY's. If you have a chance, go for it. Now that is one great restaurant to dine in. One of the finest in Singapore and have been rated at top 100 restaurants in the world (ranking at 56th). So far, I have dine there 4 times in the past 2 years. Chef Dorin Schuster (from Germany) is consistency in his food quality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12