Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asian Idol Screwup?

Default Re: Asian Idol Screwup?

Finally over and can switch over to Arsenal v Chelsea.

Shock! Nice surprise.

I thought the SMS count screwup as well, besides the intercomm...

But if you think abt it, since each SMS is 2 votes (1 home country & 1 other country), all Hardy need is the support of 2 big countries...

i was expecting william hung...

Quote Originally Posted by nuts View Post
    I thought the SMS count screwup as well, besides the intercomm...

But if you think abt it, since each SMS is 2 votes (1 home country & 1 other country), all Hardy need is the support of 2 big countries...
    I don't think it's simple as that. I think he got the majority of the 2nd votes. There is a math to it to make it fair. See link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_I...ing_procedures

Quote Originally Posted by takethree View Post
    I don't think it's simple as that. I think he got the majority of the 2nd votes. There is a math to it to make it fair. See link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_I...ing_procedures
    you know why? Other countrymen vote for their country right? then the othre vote anyhow vote. and since they want their own country to win, they vote the least likely to win one which is singapore
    cause we have the smallest population. then because of this, Asia inevitably kept voting for hardy -> thus, he won.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    There're only 4 million Singaporean.

The votes are from the other Asian countries.

Personally, I feel that Jacqueline Victor FTW.
    FTW - For The Win?

Come on guys, we should be proud that our Singapore Idol is now the Asian Idol, rather than trying to put down his win. Whether is it due to strategy screwups from other countries or really due to popularity, it is great to see that our small little nation can still beat our bigger neighbours.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    FTW - For The Win?
    No.

FTW = Fxxk The Woman

Oversea's moon is not always rounder......Hardy was among the best performer along with Indonesia & Msia.....so give him some credit for the effort

i am not a fan of this kind of idol show, happened to watch it on tv, i saw singapore, malaysia and the vietnam performance.. the vietnam is sweet singing, but it is not hard to find singer like this.. i think the malaysia is powerful singing, but powerful singing may have limited fan appeal.. i saw singapore performance too, i actually think he sang quite poor as his voice is flat but he choose a rocker song? i remember he sang sth like..a beautiful day..don't know what song, but i feel like he sangs like the opponent he beat in Singapore idols.. and hold the standing mike as usually those rocker will do? to me i feel like he is not those rocker type singer, and should be more crooner, like michael bubae(wrong name?something like that..)

got money can win.... it's more like a beauty & personality contest...

nothing to do with voice quality, stage presence etc....

this one is kelong.....

So who do you guys think should win then?

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    So who do you guys think should win then?
    any of those contestants from MAL, INDO or PHIL is deserving to win... I wonder what the outcomer if they all wear masks and we can only hear their voices... sometimes you have to look good to win a singing competition, that's a fact!....

I suspect this will be the last asian idol...

i think the billions in asia are still in disbelief rather than support of hady being the asian idol. at best, i think he was fourth behind mike, mau, and jac.

Well, what would we expect from an idol contest? An idol is always looks and personality before singing talents. If it is a true singing competition, it should be judged by professional people from the industry rather than average joe like us where we vote more by our hearts.
    Last edited by kelccm; 17th December 2007 at 03:39 PM.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

I think Hady has certainly 'won' a lot of hearts then. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Well, what would we expect from an idol contest? An idol is always looks and personality before singing talents. If it is a true singing competition, it should be judged by professional judge from the industry rather than average joe like us where we vote more by our hearts.
    i'm not going to argue anything, the show was literally a screw up in the beginning, and definitely another in the ending.

all i got to say is look at this board... count how many have congratulated or supported hady, and count how many so far have questioned or commented on the show. i mean good grief, i would think the posts here would be of pride and congratulations but it's not, and it's probably because people know hady is ok, maybe good, but not the best on that stage.

we all know what is fair is not always right. and in the interest of making the voting fair, i think it is obvious that the choice was not right. but so be it. good luck hady and all the best.

there's a world idol last time..... the winner was a guy from europe, simon cowell commented to him after he sang 'beautiful day' which ironically Hardy also sang...."you look like a hobbit, but sounds like an angel"...eventually he won the competition....

if there's another world idol... asia will sent Hardy for sure... I wonder what simon cowell will say...

Arrow Re: Asian Idol Screwup?

Jaclyn Victor FTW - For The Win

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    FTW - For The Win?

the indonesian guy reminds me of reuben studdard... the guy who beat clay aiken....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast