Thread: Disposing of Rechargeable Batteries

Default Disposing of Rechargeable Batteries - Do Your Part for Recycling

To follow up on another thread where an enquiry was made on the places to dispose of rechargeable batteries and/or normal alkaline batteries, NTU's Earthlink Club do have a ongoing project to collect used batteries.
    As far as I know of, laptop batteries are not included, but I'll check it out.

Can I call on those who have any used batteries to dispose of, to arrange with NTU students, and pass it to them to drop them into the designated containers in NTU?

1). Perhaps a list of NTU students can be consolidated here so that CSers will know who to contact. A good meeting place and time will be during SEED.

2). Another list of interested CSers who are keen to dispose their batteries in above way.

Anyone?
    Last edited by meng; 20th May 2003 at 07:08 PM.

Ok, let me start 1st.

NTU student willing to collect dispose batt:
    1) s2s1
    2)

According to Chronicle:

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/chronicle/features.html

The battery-recycling programme on campus was initiated by the Rotaract Club instead of Earthlink.

Do be aware that according to the above article, the batttery-recycling project will stop in May.

Sorry, my mistake. I just remembered this.
    Anyway, interested parties can just write up in this list.
    I'll arrange something with the parties involved and NTU Earthlink and/or Rotaract Club
    Originally posted by Bean

According to Chronicle:

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/chronicle/features.html

The battery-recycling programme on campus was initiated by the Rotaract Club instead of Earthlink.

Do be aware that according to the above article, the batttery-recycling project will stop in May.

Default recycling batteries and plastic holders

I know the SEC is also into recycling batteries. I have tonnes of batteries that I collected for recycling. We can talk to SEC to call for a collection of batteries and film holders

Singapore Environment Council

52A Duxton Road

Singapore 089516

www.sec.org.sg

Tel : 6337-6062

Fax : 6337-6035

Email : joe@gvn.com.sg