Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242932333435363944 ... LastLast

Thread: Think Thank Bag Part 2

Default Re: Think Thank Bag Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Hydrophobia looks interesting but I don't have the 300mm and above
    well... it's time to get one, don't you think?

get your wife/gf to carry your 2nd body lah.

your G9 put in what pouch? Still got WA, adapter and UW casing, so what you recommend?

If $5 can buy me the convenience and ease in changing lens then I would rather skip that meal
    Happy Meal?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    get your wife/gf to carry your 2nd body lah.

your G9 put in what pouch? Still got WA, adapter and UW casing, so what you recommend?
    Thats a good idea, My wife like to copy me so it I take pictures she also want to take G9 is now sleeping comfortably in the Modular Pouch. No chance to go diving yet so don't know how to pack in the casing....I think speed changer should be ok
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Happy Meal?
    Eating doesn't really makes me happy but BBB certainly is Looking forward to buy the Airport International once my current Trolley pass its youth.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Just got a nice, big lens to fill up my Taxi At the expense of two others... So it is still pretty empty

Get 2 LC35 is $37 x2 = $74, speed changer is $69 not much difference...
    The problem with having two lens cases is the cylindrical approach to it, whereas actually the Lowepro Sliplock 60AW/Speed Changer sticks closer to your belt, being rectangular. I similarly find having two Lowepro LC1Ws dangling from your belt more unwieldly than having one DIY dual lens changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Just got a nice, big lens to fill up my Taxi At the expense of two others... So it is still pretty empty
    i smell a 400/2.8 from you...

Quote Originally Posted by cervello View Post
    i smell a 400/2.8 from you...
    Uhh. I don't think so big lah. I suspect the 28-70 f/2.8 has already arrived though.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Uhh. I don't think so big lah. I suspect the 28-70 f/2.8 has already arrived though.
    400/2.8 is too big for my Taxi and too exp liao lah. Yup, the "Beast" came home in a Glass Taxi
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    400/2.8 is too big for my Taxi and too exp liao lah. Yup, the "Beast" came home in a Glass Taxi
    mine too...

but still need to sent for cleaning...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

I wrote in to Think Tank!

Hi Caleb,

Thank you for your suggestions! We always appreciate feedback from photographers on our gear. Since photographers do want to access their gear as quickly as possible, having an accessory pouch with easy access is a great idea. I will forward your suggestions to our design team, and they will let you know if they have any questions!!

Have a great day!

All The Best,
    Katie

Katie Coffin
    Project Manger, Think Tank Photo
    3636 North Laughlin Rd. Suite 170
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403

Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 00:42:49 +0800
    To: <customerservice@thinktankphoto.com>
    Subject: Feedback on Chimp Cage, Speed Changer, and Trim Changer

Hi,

I'm Caleb Kay, from Singapore. I mainly shoot unpaid for my church, covering major church events for a quarterly magazine, and also Youth ministry events (I'm not really that old, yet). Recently, Think Tank Photo has come to Singapore, and it has been a big deal here among some members of the photographic community.

I am a regular user, and great fan of the modular system, and am a user of the LC 75 Pop-down, the Pro Speed Belt, a Speed Freak and an Airport Antidote. I am keen on expanding on my modular accessories, but I feel that there is something that could be improved.

I am aware that the Chimp Cage, Trim Changer and Speed Changer can all be used to keep smaller lenses, rather than having to resort to individual lens changers.

Right now, I am using a modified Lowepro Sliplock 60AW Case as a dual lens case. I have placed velcro on the insides, and used a divider from the Airport Antidote to split the space into two. I have managed to fit a Sigma 10-20 and a Canon 17-40L into this modified case, and have successfully used it as a "dual lens changer" when shooting off my belt. However, one grievance I have is it doesn't lock well onto the belt, and hence starts wobbling around a lot when I run around. I favour this set up over having individual lens cases for each lens.

A suggestion, if I may. I'm not sure how difficult this is, or whether it would make sense, but I think it would be cool if the Chimp Cage, Trim Changer and Speed Changer can all be equipped with bungee cord closure, either replacing or complementing the current zipper closure system. This would mean easier, quicker access to the contents of the pouches. I understand that it may be a bit hard for the Chimp Cage, as it's designed for a pro DSLR body, so security over quick access may be the priority, but for the Trim Changer and Speed Changer, wouldn't the bungee cord closure make more sense, in terms of quicker accessibility?

If this were implemented, I would not have to hold on any longer to the Lowepro cases (the only Lowepro cases I still use on the modular system). They are rather clumsy and do not lock well on the belt, but I have been unable to find anything with the same accessibility and holding capacity as these Sliplock Cases, hence I am rather unwillingly holding on to them.

I do look forward to hearing a response from you, whatever the outcome or decision may be. I am well amazed that your company actually takes time to listen to photographers, professional or otherwise. Thank you for making some of the best photographic bags and accessories.

Regards,

Caleb Kay
    http://k-leb-k.deviantart.com

same standard response. I got that too when I asked them about improvements to the glass taxi.

same standard response. I got that too when I asked them about improvements to the glass taxi.
    We'll see how...maybe they're working on the Glass Taxi already?

Yes, pretty much the same reply I got when I emailed them regarding the improvements to Change Up. But I think they do take them into consideration or there won't be an Airport Security II. Perhaps they need more similar feedbacks to consider improvements to be made.

they prob need more high profile photogs to feedback to them.

On a side note, I saw the new "improved" Kata R103. Not bad but Kata seems to have lowered the standard on the material used. Now it feels cheap, compared the previous batches.

they prob need more high profile photogs to feedback to them.

On a side note, I saw the new "improved" Kata R103. Not bad but Kata seems to have lowered the standard on the material used. Now it feels cheap, compared the previous batches.
    Will they lose out the durablility part?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

material seems rougher, coarser. dunno about durability, might be more lasting for I know.

Which Lens Changer will be suitable to fit the Nikon 28-70/2.8 (better if hood attached) and yet maintain a small(-enough) profile? I have only the Lens Changer 25 and it is a very tight fit and I may not want to carry the Glass Taxi every time...

Large Lens Drop In. Dont make me repeat this all the time. Get 2 and you are set.