Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast

Thread: Think Thank Bag Part 2

Default Re: Think Thank Bag Part 2

John 3:16 is an authorised reseller of the Surefire lights. I purchased my Surefire 6P from them.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    John 3:16 is an authorised reseller of the Surefire lights. I purchased my Surefire 6P from them.
    oh..

price ??
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03 View Post
    oh..

price ??
    Eh? I actually can't remember. If I'm not wrong it's in the $130-160 range. The 6P is an entry-level flashlight that gives a 65-lumen output, features the Surefire Lock-out Tailcap, scratchproof light window, and has an anodized steel exterior that's tough, rugged and doesn't start looking scratched up easily. It doubles as a small baton if the bugger gets close enough.

The whole package runs on two CR123 cells. Surefire sells their own CR123s which last reasonably well and give a good output till last light. I have not tried other brands of batteries such as Energizer so unable to give a comparison..

Thankfully I have no need to defend myself with it just yet, but I've found plenty of usage when shooting sunrise on a couple of occasions.

Eh? I actually can't remember. If I'm not wrong it's in the $130-160 range. The 6P is an entry-level flashlight that gives a 65-lumen output, features the Surefire Lock-out Tailcap, scratchproof light window, and has an anodized steel exterior that's tough, rugged and doesn't start looking scratched up easily. It doubles as a small baton if the bugger gets close enough.

The whole package runs on two CR123 cells. Surefire sells their own CR123s which last reasonably well and give a good output till last light. I have not tried other brands of batteries such as Energizer so unable to give a comparison..

Thankfully I have no need to defend myself with it just yet, but I've found plenty of usage when shooting sunrise on a couple of occasions.
    yours is the 6p incandescent version? the price on surefire website is us$59. sounds like quite a markup.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    yours is the 6p incandescent version? the price on surefire website is us$59. sounds like quite a markup.
    Yeap Incand.

I really really can't remember the price I got it for. It might have been less...

The price I got at John 3:16 was really a close-to-cost price as I'm a regular there. Trouble is I got it more than half a year ago so the price has already slipped my mind. Furthermore, after I got mine, a new batch of flashlights came in, including the 6P LED, 6P Defender etc.

Hey madmacs, you have a Chimp Cage right?

Do you happen to have a pro-sized body or a camera body with battery grip that is similar in size to a 30D? Have you tried fitting it into the Chimp Cage with a short lens like a 35 f/2? (Maybe I'm the only mad idiot who ever thought of doing something like that.)

Hey madmacs, you have a Chimp Cage right?

Do you happen to have a pro-sized body or a camera body with battery grip that is similar in size to a 30D? Have you tried fitting it into the Chimp Cage with a short lens like a 35 f/2? (Maybe I'm the only mad idiot who ever thought of doing something like that.)
    the chimp cage will fit the pro body (or dslr with grip) nicely. no room for lens

my lens usually goes into the lc25 or lc50.

however...if you remove the grip, you might be able to fit both the body and 2 small lenses (stacked).
    Last edited by madmacs; 28th December 2007 at 02:43 AM.

Yeap Incand.

I really really can't remember the price I got it for. It might have been less...

The price I got at John 3:16 was really a close-to-cost price as I'm a regular there. Trouble is I got it more than half a year ago so the price has already slipped my mind. Furthermore, after I got mine, a new batch of flashlights came in, including the 6P LED, 6P Defender etc.
    oh ok...i'll go check out john 3:16 one of these days

oh ok...i'll go check out john 3:16 one of these days
    sat open also rite ??

tk --> 3:16..

nearby...

Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

sat open also rite ??

nearby...

Pretty near, but I'd take a bus from Bras Basah Rd rather than walk. It's still quite a distance. Haha.

John 3:16 is open from Mondays thru Saturdays, 12-9:30pm. Closed on Sundays.

walk and do your part to save the Earth.

sat open also rite ??

nearby...

hehe

hehe
    Poison about to spread.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Poison about to spread.
    I checked the price of the Surefire 6P original at both Jaben and John 3:16. At both places it was going for $138, so if the markup is coming from anywhere, it should be from the distributor itself (which I think is Sheares).

I checked the price of the Surefire 6P original at both Jaben and John 3:16. At both places it was going for $138, so if the markup is coming from anywhere, it should be from the distributor itself (which I think is Sheares).
    Is that the price for the incandescent or LED version? How much will be the 6P Defender?

Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Is that the price for the incandescent or LED version? How much will be the 6P Defender?
    The 6P original is an incandescent light.

The 6P Defender should be around $160-180 I think. Can't really remember. Honestly I was looking at the Defender but it wasn't in Singapore yet so I bit the bullet and got the original, and guess what? One week later the Defender came in

you can ask here. i think most order online.
    Tks

wa.. u going to get one ??
    Not right off. I am still using my Underwater Kinteics and Teknas but I really should not be using those u/w lights on land even though infrequently.

Does anyone know if TTP products are cheaper in Singapore or Bangkok??

Quote Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
    Tks

Not right off. I am still using my Underwater Kinteics and Teknas but I really should not be using those u/w lights on land even though infrequently.
    If you just need a powerful light 100+ lumens to use on land go for the larger 9P. Should suffice. I chose incandescent over LED because LED is flat light, and I didn't want flat light.

There has been very few damage reports lately. Everyone waiting for bonus before taking more damages?