Thread: Recovery of data from spoilt SD/CF cards

Default Recovery of data from spoilt SD/CF cards

Does anyone here know of any shop or person that can provide services in recovering data from spoilt CF/SD cards?

Any help will be warmly welcomed.

TIA

Default Re: Recovery of data from spoilt SD/CF cards

when my hdd crashed, i went to this company called ibas in jurong (somewhere next to imm). they're pretty good, am sure they will do cf/sd cards too. but their quote was v expensive(S$ 1800+ !!), finally sent my hdd with another colleague to india and got it done there at 1/3 the price (the world's second largest data recovery company is based there with branches all over). all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by syl View Post
    Does anyone here know of any shop or person that can provide services in recovering data from spoilt CF/SD cards?

Any help will be warmly welcomed.

TIA

I had the same problem. Google "photo recovery" or do a search in here. There were a few threads before.

I downloaded some photo recovery software and managed to recover most of my lost photos.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I had the same problem. Google "photo recovery" or do a search in here. There were a few threads before.

I downloaded some photo recovery software and managed to recover most of my lost photos.
    those may work only if the CF is still working.

have anyone actually sent a faulty memory card to those professional recovery service company before?

from my understanding, these companies will have to open a faulty hard disk in a clean room environment to extract the disk platter and data. but memory cards are solid state devices so i am puzzled if that same method could apply.