Thread: Good stuff

Wei Yong
    Guests

Default Good stuff

Wow.... you guys seem really interested and eager to go....

I'm not so worried about the reporduction and logistical parts at this point in time...

Actually i have written a proposal for the project as a guide to how to proceed and where to get money... i'm more concerned with the exhibit, i.e. the photos themselves....

I mean, what are we gonna shoot that's gonna give people insight into the sars problem in singapore.

Actually thought of going to a supermarket and shooting people rushing for vege, but then after some though, the idea seems kinda weak. Needs developing...

Maybe to start off, since we already have a couple of like minded people, we can think of a good title for our project and the angle we want to document this issue. Once we have that, then i think the final product, would be much more thought out and provoking and unified rather than just a couple of shutterbugs goign out there to shoot whatever that comes along.

Afterall, i'm sure all of us want to get that one shot no one else can get or even think of getting right? )

I can start the ball rolling by posting this question as a primer for discussion....

We are shooting photos to say how Sars has affected our daily lives.... but has it really? Are we really inconvenienced? Have our lifestyles really changed? I know mine hasn't changed much.... if so? what angle are we approaching this project? It will be meaning less to just shoot empty taxis, people with masks on the streets, nurses at the ariport, doctors fully gowned.... i mean, anyone can do that what.... how can we do a series of photos that talks about sars in a different light.... hmm.. maybe all of us can say how sars has affected out personal lives first and move the discussion on from there.... hmm... i think i'm starting not to make sense anymore.... balls, on your courts now....... .......

Wei Yong

Default Re: Good stuff

there can be a few themes.
    Originally posted by Wei Yong
    Wow.... you guys seem really interested and eager to go....

I'm not so worried about the reporduction and logistical parts at this point in time...

Actually i have written a proposal for the project as a guide to how to proceed and where to get money... i'm more concerned with the exhibit, i.e. the photos themselves....

I mean, what are we gonna shoot that's gonna give people insight into the sars problem in singapore.

Actually thought of going to a supermarket and shooting people rushing for vege, but then after some though, the idea seems kinda weak. Needs developing...

Maybe to start off, since we already have a couple of like minded people, we can think of a good title for our project and the angle we want to document this issue. Once we have that, then i think the final product, would be much more thought out and provoking and unified rather than just a couple of shutterbugs goign out there to shoot whatever that comes along.

Afterall, i'm sure all of us want to get that one shot no one else can get or even think of getting right? )

I can start the ball rolling by posting this question as a primer for discussion....

We are shooting photos to say how Sars has affected our daily lives.... but has it really? Are we really inconvenienced? Have our lifestyles really changed? I know mine hasn't changed much.... if so? what angle are we approaching this project? It will be meaning less to just shoot empty taxis, people with masks on the streets, nurses at the ariport, doctors fully gowned.... i mean, anyone can do that what.... how can we do a series of photos that talks about sars in a different light.... hmm.. maybe all of us can say how sars has affected out personal lives first and move the discussion on from there.... hmm... i think i'm starting not to make sense anymore.... balls, on your courts now....... .......

Wei Yong

The hospital will be a good place... So are the taxi drivers, the step-out singapore events, courage fund events, measures taken by schools, etc...

I think lets get on to get some shots of how everyday people get on with life during and after SARS... Like what has changed and how are we handling it... A great way to express all this will be potraits and action shots... Shots of individual who overcame the odds and recovered, from businessmen to taxi drivers to people served HQOs and medical staff...

A small section to pay tribute to the medical profession will be great too.

Missed anything??

Saw a policeman using his weapon against SARS today,...... a thermometer. Looks usual. maybe this will helps.