14th December 2007, 02:40 AM
What to look out for when buying a 2nd hand camera?
Due to budget constraints, I'm considering getting a 2nd hand prosumer range camera. Can experts advise on how do I go about checking the used camera to prevent myself from buying a dud? What are some of the things I should look out for?
14th December 2007, 09:19 AM
Re: What to look out for when buying a 2nd hand camera?
Other experienced CSers may add onto this list.
Originally Posted by airslug
- Fungus in the lens (very common in our tropical climate)
- Condensation (will see this inside the lens)
- Battery contacts (not rusty or loose)
- Worn screws or pry marks (when the seller insisted that his/hers camera hasn't been serviced or in 'mint' condition)
- Banding (take an image and view it in a computer)
- Necessary software and cables (are they included with the camera)
- Warranty card and sales receipt/invoice (if still under warranty)
Last edited by photobum; 14th December 2007 at 09:27 AM.