Thread: havey norman extended warrenty

Default havey norman extended warrenty

does ani one noe how it works?cos my frenz camera just broke down and she had this entended warrenty but dont noe how to use it ...
    thanks ..

Default Re: havey norman extended warrenty

why not give harvey norman a call tomorrow? The number is stated in the extended warranty form.

first year is go back to manufacturer.
    for extended warranty, call harvey norman. they will make the arrangments to send the cam back for repair.
    if possible, try for 1-to-1 exchange.

yupz
    tts what i was told..

if beyond repair will 1 for 1 exchange.

Smile Re: havey norman extended warrenty

what happens if beyond 1st yr, and the product in question is no longer in stock or production? how to facilitate for 1-for-1 exchange?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    what happens if beyond 1st yr, and the product in question is no longer in stock or production? how to facilitate for 1-for-1 exchange?

Another product for equal value?

The sales person who sold the extended warranty did give a details info to me before I pay for the 'insurance'. It is suppose to be the current product of equal value.

But I think to clarify whatever the T&C is, the best people to deal with is still HN.

If them item is discon, they will give u newer version of that or anything of equal price.

how to ask for 1 to 1?? lol..if realli can 1 to 1 good lol..

Quote Originally Posted by pandaze View Post
    how to ask for 1 to 1?? lol..if realli can 1 to 1 good lol..
    I think THICK SKIN is the key to get 1 to 1 lol

Just had a recent experience. Call the EW department (hotline number in the EW card) and have your tax invoice ready. Explain problem to them. They will ask you to send the camera to the manufacturer's service centre and obtain a quote for the repairs. Once the quote is given, call the EW department again for authorisation to proceed with the repairs. You would have to pay for the repairs first and then submit the receipt to EW for reimbursement. They will send you a cheque a couple of days later. Note that they will only reimburse you for an amount not more than the original purchase price.

If unrepairable, they would normally offer an amount equal to what it would have cost you to buy something of similar specs. I understand that this is not a cash payment and that the amount they offer will be used to off set the purchase price of the new camera, which must be from a HN store.

Courts slightly different....just need to call the ew office to report problem then send to service centre. dun have to come out cash first...

my frenz just send her cam in for repair..and she didnt fork out ani money at all lol...

it seems that the extended warranty of these superstores really "save" people when their electronic products get spoilt within a period of time.

other popular stores do not offer such warranty right?

from wat i noe is
    best denki , courts and havey norman ..
    best denki is pay 8% of the price of item ..
    courts and havey i not too sure le ^^..