Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Permission of taking photos

Deregistered

Just a thought -

With all the 9/11 scares and SARS and the paranoia of some people, don't be surprised if they think you to be a terrorist suspect.

.... armed with a SLR, its actually a portable, laser-guided RPG for blowing away the tops of buildings...

Deregistered

Originally posted by Joseph
    Its a restricted place and i was actually stopped by cisco police
    Home Team premises (SCDF, Police, Prisons, MHA HQ) are also restricted. Only the Immigration checkpoints at Woodlands and Tuas are okay to shhot at from outside. But if lets say you kinda like the twin towers of MHA HQ, take it from across the road and I don't see reason for anyone to stop you.

Actually, in addition to what I just posted, I think as long as you are not shooting from the premises ground, you should be fine...
    ie; shooting from across the road or something.

It's a lot more paranoid in the US now really. You can't even take pictures of any landmarks there without a policeman coming up to you to check what you are doing!

Originally posted by Azure
    Home Team premises (SCDF, Police, Prisons, MHA HQ) are also restricted. Only the Immigration checkpoints at Woodlands and Tuas are okay to shhot at from outside. But if lets say you kinda like the twin towers of MHA HQ, take it from across the road and I don't see reason for anyone to stop you.
    sad to sae, thats where i was stopped....

vince123123
    Guests

Huh so where exactly is your building? And CISCO are not policemen btw.

Its a restricted place ...and i was actually stopped by a police...erm cisco police to be exact.

Originally posted by vince123123
    Huh so where exactly is your building? And CISCO are not policemen btw.
    My office is at NPPk...its the MHA twin tower which i wana shoot. I was stopped by cisco, thou they r not real police officer, but still they r cisco police mah....

Deregistered

My office is at NPPk...its the MHA twin tower which i wana shoot. I was stopped by cisco, thou they r not real police officer, but still they r cisco police mah....
    But they do have, and in your case (Phoenix Park2), are empowered to stop you. Anyway, that are other nice buildings else in Sg. Twins, quadruplets elsewhere...
    Cheer up!

But they do have, and in your case (Phoenix Park2), are empowered to stop you. Anyway, that are other nice buildings else in Sg. Twins, quadruplets elsewhere...
    Cheer up!
    yah lor so sad ...think i have to look elsewhere....
    thats why i cant blame much and wana ask if the same will happen when i am shooting other buildings....

vince123123
    Guests

I see. not familiar with the especial circumstances surrounding that particular building. anyway cisco is not police :P i think they are more like cisco security guards

Cheers
    !

Deregistered

yah lor so sad ...think i have to look elsewhere....
    thats why i cant blame much and wana ask if the same will happen when i am shooting other buildings....
    Should not be so long as you dont shoot the earlier mentioned type of buildings.

I cannot understand the logic of not allowing shots of Esplanade or Millenia Walk though. I've never been stopped there before.

Well, it's always good to ask first if you could take pictures of any buildings. It beats being taken out by a police sniper who thinks you are a terrorist. :P

guess i will juz go shoot those public buildings instead...
    juz a qn to ask regarding the previous thread on the eerie building at bugis... will the security stop pple taking pics there??

Deregistered

Originally posted by Prismatic
    Well, it's always good to ask first if you could take pictures of any buildings. It beats being taken out by a police sniper who thinks you are a terrorist. :P

yah if kenna shot with a bullet thru the brain, then also too late.....

Originally posted by Ansel
    I was at the concourse of the esplanade theatres by the bay, and was told by security not to take pictures of the interior architecture, such as ceiling, wall, etc. Reason being I may be infringing copyright

But then was told by the same security supervisor that I was allowed to take pictures of the art works on display.

Do you think this security supervisor knows what he was talking about? Anyone got similar experience?
    Using a video camera, to zoom in on the "DBSBANK" logo of the DBS Tower 1 along Shenton Way.

Was stopped by the security guard who insist on checking the contents or take me in.

(I guess the Yishun video taken by the JI suspects in Singapore, really freaked them out.)

Unfortunately, I did not want to get into any "trouble" with them, as my boss will be really upset if she received a letter/email from DBS abt them mattar.

So I decided to rewind the tape by a min or 2 and erase that portion of the tape.
    In the end, the guard did went back to his post.

What's with video-ing DBSBANK? It's not technically a sensitive area?

Before the 9-11 incident, no one cared abt who entered or left the building, I guess even if you are a stranger, you could even walk in, go up the floors, use the toilet and then leave without any one stopping to ask you what's your purpose.

Deregistered

I snapped in CJIMES b4, never kena stopped leh.

But kena stopped at Fullerton & Parkview Square....

Just a thought -

With all the 9/11 scares and SARS and the paranoia of some people, don't be surprised if they think you to be a terrorist suspect.

.... armed with a SLR, its actually a portable, laser-guided RPG for blowing away the tops of buildings...
    If I were a terrorist, I'll be taking pictures of my targets with tiny spy cameras and not with a Bronica ETRS medium format camera lah!!! Do think terrorists are so stupid?

No wonder terrorists got what they want! Because our police and security guards are busy stopping innocent tourists and photo enthusiasts from taking harmless pictures of unlikely terrorist targets!

Talk about paranoia!

i shot long exposure night shot of chijmes main hall b4. i simply parked my tripod at one nice corner next to a lamppost and sat down and ate BK takeaway for dinner @ around 6 to 7pm. then at 7:30pm i started shooting. then i left at 9:30pm

Originally posted by Winston
    no, it's not. But they will probably think that you are a bank robber on recce.

vince123123
    Guests

Heh too bad u were on a real assignment...if it were me i will tell the sec guard to fly kite :P After all if he manhandles u trying to bring you in, you can always call the real cops

Cheers

Originally posted by Winston
    Using a video camera, to zoom in on the "DBSBANK" logo of the DBS Tower 1 along Shenton Way.

Was stopped by the security guard who insist on checking the contents or take me in.

(I guess the Yishun video taken by the JI suspects in Singapore, really freaked them out.)

Unfortunately, I did not want to get into any "trouble" with them, as my boss will be really upset if she received a letter/email from DBS abt them mattar.

So I decided to rewind the tape by a min or 2 and erase that portion of the tape.
    In the end, the guard did went back to his post.

Before the 9-11 incident, no one cared abt who entered or left the building, I guess even if you are a stranger, you could even walk in, go up the floors, use the toilet and then leave without any one stopping to ask you what's your purpose.

Originally posted by Ansel
    I was at the concourse of the esplanade theatres by the bay, and was told by security not to take pictures of the interior architecture, such as ceiling, wall, etc. Reason being I may be infringing copyright
    The last time I was there for a concert, the usher helped
    me take a picture at the entrance of the concert hall.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast