Thread: Seeking your advise .... Instant Messenging n Bluetooth Headset

Default Seeking your advise .... Instant Messenging n Bluetooth Headset

Hi folks, I have two issues needing your help in case you are familiar with them :

1. Most phone these days comes with the IM (Instant Messenging) feature, anyone knows how to configure the parameters to make it work?

2. Am looking for a pair of stereo bluetooth headset to use it with my handphone. Seeking those with a "bridge" across the rear of head type. Anyone able to recommend please..

Appreciate your time and advise.

Default Re: Seeking your advise .... Instant Messenging n Bluetooth Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Leinaj View Post
    Hi folks, I have two issues needing your help in case you are familiar with them :

1. Most phone these days comes with the IM (Instant Messenging) feature, anyone knows how to configure the parameters to make it work?

2. Am looking for a pair of stereo bluetooth headset to use it with my handphone. Seeking those with a "bridge" across the rear of head type. Anyone able to recommend please..

Appreciate your time and advise.

If you're using a Symbian based phone (Nokia) you can check out Fring (www.fring.com). I love it coz I get to conntect to MSN, Google and Skype. So all my friends are automatically registeres. I can also make voice over IP calls on Skype, MSN and googletalk users. Really nice!!

As for bluetooth headset, I'm using iTech. Pretty decent. I'd recommend that you get the clip based bluetooth connector. You can use any headphone you want. The clip acts as the microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    If you're using a Symbian based phone (Nokia) you can check out Fring (www.fring.com). I love it coz I get to conntect to MSN, Google and Skype. So all my friends are automatically registeres. I can also make voice over IP calls on Skype, MSN and googletalk users. Really nice!!

As for bluetooth headset, I'm using iTech. Pretty decent. I'd recommend that you get the clip based bluetooth connector. You can use any headphone you want. The clip acts as the microphone.
    Thanks Sean for the links and advise. Unable to find my hp model at Fring, I think I will wait a while for the model to be updated as I was notified during intallation that my phone model is unknown.

I vision jogging with my headphones without the "irritating" wires getting in the way. ... seeks a model that do away with wires.

Are you looking for MSN only?

Member/Tangshooter

eBuddy..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    Are you looking for MSN only?
    John, its the software that comes with the phone ... under the name "IM" Can one configure it for use

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    eBuddy..
    Thanks blazer for the eBuddy suggestion

Got myself the i-tech blueband R stereo headphones ... excellent thing to have to do away wif the wires and with the tongle ttached to phone, could even receive fm signals. best of all ... makes my ipod video now wireless too

Quote Originally Posted by Leinaj View Post
    Got myself the i-tech blueband R stereo headphones ... excellent thing to have to do away wif the wires and with the tongle ttached to phone, could even receive fm signals. best of all ... makes my ipod video now wireless too
    Did you get a bluetooth thinngy for your ipod as well?
    Don't like using those for jogging. All that sweat will eventually mess up the headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Did you get a bluetooth thinngy for your ipod as well?
    Don't like using those for jogging. All that sweat will eventually mess up the headphones.
    oh yes i did and its reallu cool as it converts anything audio into bluetooth transmission. Haben tried using them for jogging yet ... btw I kept most of my cushion padding from the aricrafts whenever I travel as replacements for my earphones, comes in real handy