Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    Hmm... maybe you can point those pictures that were damaged to the organiser?
    I would have liked to, if there would have been an avenue. I didn't see any other person except the Ngee Ann security during my visit, and there was only advertisement material for SAFRA - no useful contact information or feedback mechanism. I'm not blaming anyone for this, as I don't think this is a situation to be expected.

After returning home, I actually looked at the club's web site, but could only find generic contact information (president, "club facilitator" [whatever that is!], etc), but no contact information for whoever is handling the exhibition. My memory of what prints were damaged also started to rapidly fade. Anyway, I think it's fairly obvious once you look at them.

Again, I don't want to blame anyone in particular. Maybe the prints were even submitted in this shape by the participants (although it's hard to imagine how anyone would not try to give the best possible impression). My point (and this is not specific to this exhibition alone) is that it's a bit weird to have high-brow discussions on Clubsnap or other forums, argue about the finer points of silver vs. platinum vs. selenium toned vs. carbon pigment vs. dye prints, haggle about how to squeeze the last bit of quality out of film/sensors, lament about how photography is undervalued as an art --- and then be confronted with a reality that suggests all of this talk is just pretentious facade.

Smile Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    I would have liked to, if there would have been an avenue. I didn't see any other person except the Ngee Ann security during my visit, and there was only advertisement material for SAFRA - no useful contact information or feedback mechanism. I'm not blaming anyone for this, as I don't think this is a situation to be expected.

After returning home, I actually looked at the club's web site, but could only find generic contact information (president, "club facilitator" [whatever that is!], etc), but no contact information for whoever is handling the exhibition. My memory of what prints were damaged also started to rapidly fade. Anyway, I think it's fairly obvious once you look at them.

Again, I don't want to blame anyone in particular. Maybe the prints were even submitted in this shape by the participants (although it's hard to imagine how anyone would not try to give the best possible impression). My point (and this is not specific to this exhibition alone) is that it's a bit weird to have high-brow discussions on Clubsnap or other forums, argue about the finer points of silver vs. platinum vs. selenium toned vs. carbon pigment vs. dye prints, haggle about how to squeeze the last bit of quality out of film/sensors, lament about how photography is undervalued as an art --- and then be confronted with a reality that suggests all of this talk is just pretentious facade.
    Actually besides the advertisement material, there are feedback forms where you can leave your contact and drop it into the box provided and we'll get back to you accordingly. And I believe on our website, there's a whole list of personel that you could have easily sent an email to by simply providing your email address and leaving a message.

And the 'whatever that is' club facilitator is actually me if the name is not obvious enough. My office number's also stated there and although I'm on compassionate leave for this whole week, my office line is actually diverted to my hp. So I don't think there's any difficulty in contacting us. But thanks for highlighting the issue and we'll take note and strive for better exhibitions in the future.

Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Tay View Post
    Actually besides the advertisement material, there are feedback forms where you can leave your contact and drop it into the box provided and we'll get back to you accordingly.
    Hmmm, I looked around but didn't find any feedback forms when I went (26th around lunchtime). Nevermind.

I'm sorry if you feel like I'm stepping on your toes. I believe improvement requires to focus on problems that are the weakest links of the chain, not areas that are already good. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate all the good points and the effort put into the exhibition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12