Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

  1. #1

    Default Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Pure Art 3.5 is an exhibition that celebrates that art of black and white photography over the past 35 years at SAFRA Photographic Club. It is also an opportunity for all SAFRA Photographic Club members to exhibit their best work in traditional black and white photograpy.

    Dates: 22 - 31 Dec 2007
    Time: 10am to 6pm daily
    Venue: Teochew Building (Exhibition Hall), 97 Tank Road, Singapore 238066

    Free - open to public

    Click here for more info.

  2. #2
    jcryan55
    Guests

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Put up the poster here for easier reference. Do come and take a look. I was at the selection that day and I must say I am very impressed with the selected works for the exhibition. B&W at its best......


  3. #3

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Just received the invitation, the opening is on 22 Dec morning 11am
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  4. #4
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Encourage to go!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    I will be going!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    PURE ART 3.5 A Black & White Exhibition-cum-Seminar

    - OFFICIAL OPENING CEREMONY, 10:30am, SAT, 22 DEC 07
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    How to get an invitation?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    All are welcome for the exhibition. The exhibition launch will be on 22nd Dec, 10.15am. Venue will be 97, Tank Road Teochew Building. Hope to see lovers of photography, esp b&w photography there for the launch!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Thanks to those who came for the exhibition launch. Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves.
    Last edited by Andy Tay; 22nd December 2007 at 08:05 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    I have enjoyed myself during the seminar. By the way, I am the only girl among 4 people from Temasek Poly Visual Central (a photography club). haha... My friend and I got our Nikon cameras (D70s and D80 respectively) out and got a shot of the photographer. hehe... The photographer.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Hi there, thanks for the nice photo.

    Here is the photo that I took of you two taking a photo of me.



    Quote Originally Posted by Y-grapher View Post
    I have enjoyed myself during the seminar. By the way, I am the only girl among 4 people from Temasek Poly Visual Central (a photography club). haha... My friend and I got our Nikon cameras (D70s and D80 respectively) out and got a shot of the photographer. hehe... The photographer.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    haha... thanks.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    good to see so many traditional prints...those taken by the 1st generation really has the nostalgic feel. the s'pore river, taxi etc.
    :)

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Is the exhibition on everyday, and what's the opening hours? Thanks..

  15. #15

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Quote Originally Posted by ccube78 View Post
    Is the exhibition on everyday, and what's the opening hours? Thanks..
    22nd december to 31st December 10am to 6pm.
    not sure about public holidays tho.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    No worries - I've checked with the security at Teochew building and they have assured me that they are opened on Sundays and public holidays too Anyway, I'm glad so many of you enjoyed the exhibition and I hope the next time around it'll be even better

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Quote Originally Posted by photophilosophy View Post
    I hope the next time around it'll be even better
    There is some room for improvement. I was quite saddened at how many prints were damaged due to careless handling - dirt, scratches, creases, and even marks from writing with a hard ballpoint pen (using the soft gelatin surface of the photo paper as a "desk mat"). I'm not sure who is responsible for this, but I noticed similar problems at other photo exhibitions at Ngee Ann Kongsi (NAPE 2006 & 2007) before.

    The effort to promote photography as an art would be more credible if the photographs would be treated with the care and respect commonly afforded to art objects. I pity those who contributed their photographs in good faith - to them it must feel like a slap in the face.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    There is some room for improvement. I was quite saddened at how many prints were damaged due to careless handling - dirt, scratches, creases, and even marks from writing with a hard ballpoint pen (using the soft gelatin surface of the photo paper as a "desk mat"). I'm not sure who is responsible for this, but I noticed similar problems at other photo exhibitions at Ngee Ann Kongsi (NAPE 2006 & 2007) before.

    The effort to promote photography as an art would be more credible if the photographs would be treated with the care and respect commonly afforded to art objects. I pity those who contributed their photographs in good faith - to them it must feel like a slap in the face.
    Hmm... maybe you can point those pictures that were damaged to the organiser?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    There is some room for improvement. I was quite saddened at how many prints were damaged due to careless handling - dirt, scratches, creases, and even marks from writing with a hard ballpoint pen (using the soft gelatin surface of the photo paper as a "desk mat"). I'm not sure who is responsible for this, but I noticed similar problems at other photo exhibitions at Ngee Ann Kongsi (NAPE 2006 & 2007) before.

    The effort to promote photography as an art would be more credible if the photographs would be treated with the care and respect commonly afforded to art objects. I pity those who contributed their photographs in good faith - to them it must feel like a slap in the face.
    I noticed some of the damage too and regret the damage. But alot of the the photos were very old prints contributed by the photographers and some of them were in the condition that it were when we received them. But we will take note and strive to do better in future exhibitions.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

    Double Post
    Last edited by Andy Tay; 29th December 2007 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Double Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •