Thread: Using viewfinder with spectacles

Default Using viewfinder with spectacles

I have no idea if i'm posting in the correct forum, but i suddenly remembered i have this problem. i use a digicam with an optical viewfinder (cp5700) and sometimes (quite often actually) i will use the OVF to shoot because it gives me a more stable stance, and sometimes it's too bright to see the LCD.

problem is i only wear specs, don't wear contact lens so everytime i need to use the viewfinder i have to take off my specs and shove it in my camera bag or pocket etc etc. after a while of shooting i get a headache becos i'm staring at a bright viewfinder without my specs.

wonder if any of u also have this problem? hope u all dun say, too bad u wanna do photography u just gotta wear contact lens. cos i can't stand sticking things into my eye.. arghhhh

ok thanx for listening to my rant. *bleah*

Cool

I wear glasses and so far have no problem with looking through camera viewfinders or telescope eyepieces with my glasses on, except that I tend to scratch the lens on my glasses, reducing its lifespan.

Not sure if this information is going to hlep you in any way.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

i wear glasses and have no problem looking thru camera VFs'... just place the eyecup right infront of the specs lens...

like roygoh, it does leave marks on my glasses tho.. so i gotta give it a good wipe every now and then..

well yeah i guess i could leave my specs on and take pics.. but just feels wierd. i was JUST holding my cam and trying it out.. i think i know why i don't. cos i tend to apply pressure on the part under my eyebrow (there's a bone there - or rather where the skull oped for the eye sockets? ahahha!) so that the camera is pressed on my face (more steady?) and i can't do it with glasses on. but tried it with glasses on also.. i could get used to it i guess.

if u're wondering if there's a dent under my eyebrow, no, cos the VF has a rubber lining around it.

yeah.. used to do the same...

maybe try to rely more on ur arm strength, ur stance and the way you hold ur camera instead of putting the weight on the cheek bone....

Originally posted by jOhO
    well yeah i guess i could leave my specs on and take pics.. but just feels wierd. i was JUST holding my cam and trying it out.. i think i know why i don't. cos i tend to apply pressure on the part under my eyebrow (there's a bone there - or rather where the skull oped for the eye sockets? ahahha!) so that the camera is pressed on my face (more steady?) and i can't do it with glasses on. but tried it with glasses on also.. i could get used to it i guess.

if u're wondering if there's a dent under my eyebrow, no, cos the VF has a rubber lining around it.
    I use the F717, and have no problems using it's viewfinder's EVF, though I did adjust it's dipoter.

Sometime, after prolonged use, my specs get fogged up when I sweat and I squit my eyes to peer thorugh the viewfinder, but that's abt the discomfort I get.

I tried using the viewfinder w/o glasses and adjusting the dipoter, but when you lower your camera to "look for targets" it can be difficult to see with the blurred view.

I m not sure if your camera body comes with a diopter adjustment feature.. most of the canon prosumers and pro bodies provide this feature ( I guess nikon does too).. you could adjust it to suit your eyes..