Thread: Question to ask!

Default Question to ask!

i would like to ask how am i able to get the information and specs of the pictures i took?
    i am using Canon 350D and i always just upload my pictures onto my laptop or computer using the "Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard" when i plug in my camera.

And when i see the properties of the pictures the only information given is
    File:JPEG file
    Image Size
    Date Modified

how is it able to get the specs such as :F Number
    ISO speed and stuff

thanks alot!!

Default Re: Question to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    i would like to ask how am i able to get the information and specs of the pictures i took?
    i am using Canon 350D and i always just upload my pictures onto my laptop or computer using the "Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard" when i plug in my camera.

And when i see the properties of the pictures the only information given is
    File:JPEG file
    Image Size
    Date Modified

how is it able to get the specs such as :F Number
    ISO speed and stuff

thanks alot!!
    i am using cs3 and it allows me to view the exif. similarly, uploading to flickr allows me more basic stuff as well.

meaning by uploading to Flickr the specifications will automactically be stated there?

the basic stuff like focal lenth, flash, aperture, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    meaning by uploading to Flickr the specifications will automactically be stated there?
    no no no

actually if you do not do anything to your photograph out of camera you can right click and view properties.. if not there.. look for an advanced tab should be able to see all the exif information

IF you have happened to use the save to web option.. then upload it to flickr.. then the exif information will be dumped anyways.

i implore the people who reply to threads.. yes, good to help out.. but at least provide clearer information that is accurate..
    Last edited by night86mare; 11th December 2007 at 11:03 AM.

Blog Entries

the data is called exif data

while in the software of your choice, go to help and type "exif" then click search

For windows,
    Right click your file/image, select "properties", select the "Summary" tab. Select "Advanced"
    the info should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no no no

actually if you do not do anything to your photograph out of camera you can right click and view properties.. if not there.. look for an advanced tab should be able to see all the exif information

IF you have happened to use the save to web option.. then upload it to flickr.. then the exif information will be dumped anyways.

i implore the people who reply to threads.. yes, good to help out.. but at least provide clearer information that is accurate..
    sorry. i nvr save to web so i assumed it will be there.

thanks alot guys!

Thanks Grumpy1