Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Rise in ComfortDelgro taxi fares.

Member/Tangshooter

Default Re: Rise in ComfortDelgro taxi fares.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    CS forum?
    School bus fees..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

School bus fees..
    soon... people will sign off "your obedient citizens" on every letter send to the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    Guess what just went up?
    Pay rise for top public sector officers. Read it here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...317221/1/.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    Guess what just went up?
    Your little bird became a big bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Pay rise for top public sector officers. Read it here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...317221/1/.html
    wasn't this proposed long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    crime rate?
    Yes, drink driving

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoney View Post
    School Fees?
    Not sure

School bus fees..
    For sure

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Correcto mando

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Your little bird became a big bird?
    If i had a pay hike of 22%, yes I think the bird will even fly

For those who are fit and healthy, they can opt to take public transport.
    The fare hikes will hit the elderly, the invalids who need to take cabs to hospitals for checkups.
    The cab companies should lower the cab-rentals instead of rising fares.
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

Quote Originally Posted by major_tom View Post
    The fare hikes will hit the elderly, the invalids who need to take cabs to hospitals for checkups.
    Sad to said, companies are profit orientated. It makes you wonder who own most share in ComfortDelgro, same as other major public transport
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Sad to said, companies are profit orientated. It makes you wonder who own most share in ComfortDelgro, same as other major public transport
    precisely. Singapore is run like an MNC where everything has to be profit-oriented.
    Where is the compassion for the poor, the unfortunate, and the elderly.

...and now, pay hikes for ministers! Where is the logic when the masses are suffering from all the hikes and ministers still getting 4-21% hike to their already fat,plump salaries??
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

SMRT is following the leader. Read it here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...317369/1/.html

seriously.. i will think that more people will decide to buy cars cos taxis are so expensive these days..

then there will be more jams along the roads and ERP charges will go higher, resulting in taxi commuters and drivers to pay more..

sure.. we have options.. we can take the buses or trains.. but in a society that is so fast paced.. you only hope that the buses do not take 30 mins to arrive or trains to take 6-8 minutes to arrive.. oh ya.. not to mention.. most of the times you will have no seats when they arrived..

Taxi increase price - Complain
    Model CMI - Complain
    Agency uses TCFD Photo - Complain
    Photographer decrease rate - Complain
    HS lost bird bird - Complain
    Sion bird bird small - Complain

No wonder this is CS - Complain Society
    Last edited by Bobman; 14th December 2007 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    Sion bird bird small - Complain

No wonder this is CS - Complain Society

10% is fine, 49% is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by major_tom View Post
    For those who are fit and healthy, definitely they will take public transport. But another problem we face is whether the public transport can accommodate the size of the crowd during peak hours?

I have countless experience that i have to wait more than 1 hour for buses during peak hours and for MRT. A lot of times i have to wait for 3-4 trains to go pass before i can aboard one during peak hours but one thing for sure, i lost to a lot of people for been "kiasu" and thick-skin when waiting and squeezing into train and bus. I also got elbowed by somebody when trying to squeeze into bus. Sometimes when i take mrt to downtown during peak hour, I couldn't even squeeze out of the mrt when i reach my destination. I believe a lot have face such problem, thats why some of us would prefer to take a cab home during such timing especially for a long and tiring day.

For those who are fit and healthy, definitely they will take public transport. But another problem we face is whether the public transport can accommodate the size of the crowd during peak hours?

I have countless experience that i have to wait more than 1 hour for buses during peak hours and for MRT. A lot of times i have to wait for 3-4 trains to go pass before i can aboard one during peak hours but one thing for sure, i lost to a lot of people for been "kiasu" and thick-skin when waiting and squeezing into train and bus. I also got elbowed by somebody when trying to squeeze into bus. Sometimes when i take mrt to downtown during peak hour, I couldn't even squeeze out of the mrt when i reach my destination. I believe a lot have face such problem, thats why some of us would prefer to take a cab home during such timing especially for a long and tiring day.
    u are spot on bro.........
    to the govt.. they also deemed taxis as a luxurious product.. that y they have no qualms about increasing it to 49%
    but they do not know that sometimes.. some people got to take taxis due to other reasons..

and for the people who decided on the increase.. are they taxi drivers ? or taxi passengers ? neither.. and much less public transport users....
    so they will never understand........

i wish that some ministers or whoever up there.. try to take the public transport or taxis just for a month..
    lets see how they would view the transport system after that.....
    Last edited by Will03; 14th December 2007 at 09:56 PM.

Follow China ..... By C Ke. but hor later By C Ke also kenna COE n ERP

Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    u are spot on bro.........
    to the govt.. they also deemed taxis as a luxurious product.. that y they have no qualms about increasing it to 49%
    but they do not know that sometimes.. some people got to take taxis due to other reasons..

and for the people who decided on the increase.. are they taxi drivers ? or taxi passengers ? neither.. and much less public transport users....
    so they will never understand........

i wish that some ministers or whoever up there.. try to take the public transport or taxis just for a month..
    lets see how they would view the transport system after that.....
    Forget it bro..... If they have a heart and they care, they already know such problems arise long long ago.

The top management all owns a car or they are been drove around or they took cab but the bills are been paid by the company. They exists in the top management to reduce cost and maximize profit for the company and shareholders. They have to do all this cost cutting if not, the shareholders will cut them off.

As for ministers to take public transport, forget about it also. Do you notice that when the ministers came for home visiting or block visiting, you will notice that their men will come first knocking at your door, telling you that minister are here for house visiting and do you want to talk to them or want them to come into your house and chat and blah blah blah.... Similar if they were to visit how the public transport systems works, these people will come and shove all the crowd away or to enhance the securities, they won't even have a chance to squeeze with the crowd.

The way I (and most likely many others) see it, cabbies are not exactly happy with the rise in fares.

If the taxi company really wants to help them, they should seriously consider reducing the rental fees.

It is basically a case of
    1) raise flag down fee
    2) raise rental fees

We are simply increasing the profits of the taxi company by proxy of the taxi drivers.
    taxi driver --> lose
    passengers --> lose
    taxi company --> win

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    Have you ever heard me complaining for losing my birdie?

HS

Forget it bro..... If they have a heart and they care, they already know such problems arise long long ago.

The top management all owns a car or they are been drove around or they took cab but the bills are been paid by the company. They exists in the top management to reduce cost and maximize profit for the company and shareholders. They have to do all this cost cutting if not, the shareholders will cut them off.

As for ministers to take public transport, forget about it also. Do you notice that when the ministers came for home visiting or block visiting, you will notice that their men will come first knocking at your door, telling you that minister are here for house visiting and do you want to talk to them or want them to come into your house and chat and blah blah blah.... Similar if they were to visit how the public transport systems works, these people will come and shove all the crowd away or to enhance the securities, they won't even have a chance to squeeze with the crowd.
    sigh.. n i also wonder why is there a need for so many taxi companies ?
    Since there is not differential in pricing.. i rather there be only one taxi company.
    so that they have economies of scale if any, which results in cheaper fares hopefully.
    and also makes it easier for us to complain against errant taxi drivers, cos there is only 1 number to call..
    and any blacklisted driver will not be allowed to drive.. since there is only 1 company..

when it comes to transport in singapore.. i really think that a monopoly works better..
    no point creating competition for the sake of it.. if prices are fixed anyway...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast