Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise in ComfortDelgro taxi fares.

Default Re: Rise in ComfortDelgro taxi fares.

These cab companies are trying to increase price a little at a time thinking we dont feel the pinch. Trying to do it below an average threshold level. BUT WE ALL FEEL IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    No more flagging down Comfort cabs
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/2007121...8-231650b.html

Check out the link.... it will be the same for all no matter what company cab you take. In my opinon, it amounts to price fixing....

"The company’s managing director Johnny Harjantho told TODAY that ComfortDelGro’s new pricing structure, which will kick in next Monday, is “reasonable”. “If we do anything different or cheaper, we may not please our hirers or our commuters. It is best we retain a universal price"

I find the above statement quite funny actually..... this guy can't tell a lie to save his life.
    Last edited by aeskywan; 12th December 2007 at 01:33 PM.

next time, i'll just take the bus to and from the airport.... woodlands got 1 bus to changi airport...

Member/Tangshooter

I think those badly hit by this fare hike are those elderlys/disabled who needed cabs regularly for medical consultations..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    I think those badly hit by this fare hike are those elderlys/disabled who needed cabs regularly for medical consultations..
    Medicine will have to go up also.

I am expecting a fee hike of 20~50% due to the price of oil.

gov might cut subsidy for C class wards, that is my anaylsis

and we are at the 10 years cycle since the last econmic crisis, I am waiting for the market to collapse and inflation to go up to 10% or more. It's just a matter of time only.

And gov have already put in place plans for it already, can tell from the daily news.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by conquer500 View Post
    Medicine will have to go up also.

I am expecting a fee hike of 20~50% due to the price of oil.

gov might cut subsidy for C class wards, that is my anaylsis

and we are at the 10 years cycle since the last econmic crisis, I am waiting for the market to collapse and inflation to go up to 10% or more. It's just a matter of time only.

And gov have already put in place plans for it already, can tell from the daily news.
    ahha..bro u also master the art of telling Singapore future....lol
    Too easy liao..read beyond ur daily news, and u noe wat's up their sleeves..

Why complain on fare hikes?

The majority of Singaporeans/PRs, 66% voted that our government will improve standards of living, create more jobs, world class city-state, HDB upgrading, etc. So let them make the decisions, and accept it.

The best part about Singaporeans is that they complain and complain, and as time goes by, they soon will adapt to it, and things will just die off naturally.

Besides complaining in CS or in online forums, what else can we do? Anyone dare to stage a protest / demonstration outside Comfort HQ? The answer is straight forward 'NO'. Nobody will ever do it, even for the next 10 years.

This is the Prisoner Dilemna Theory - you watch and see whether anyone will do it first because you don't want to be the first person to do it. And as a result lose your job, lose your income, and put behind bars, etc. Any rational person will not be the first one to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post

The majority of Singaporeans/PRs, 66% voted that our government will improve standards of living, create more jobs, world class city-state, HDB upgrading, etc. So let them make the decisions, and accept it.

The best part about Singaporeans is that they complain and complain, and as time goes by, they soon will adapt to it, and things will just die off naturally.

Besides complaining in CS or in online forums, what else can we do? Anyone dare to stage a protest / demonstration outside Comfort HQ? The answer is straight forward 'NO'. Nobody will ever do it, even for the next 10 years.

This is the Prisoner Dilemna Theory - you watch and see whether anyone will do it first because you don't want to be the first person to do it. And as a result lose your job, lose your income, and put behind bars, etc. Any rational person will not be the first one to do it.
    Are you working for the goverment or are you a taxi driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Are you working for the goverment or are you a taxi driver?
    I think that you are more like one working for government or as a taxi driver.

If you just read my statements superficially, then you won't know what I am trying to say.

PR can't really vote or have a say
    they can only vote with their feet.
    Last edited by zcf; 12th December 2007 at 04:19 PM.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Ya.... i agree with you on these.... The price would just go up as usual no matter how much we complain. Somehow this is how we are been educated and brought up. Sometimes i just wonder how we singaporean are united? Everyone is just minding our own business. Oh Well... what to do...? we do not have a say and we can't say anything.

Not very correct, a lot of area get walk over. If eveyone gets a chance, the % will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycelim View Post
    Not very correct, a lot of area get walk over. If eveyone gets a chance, the % will be different.
    Why walk over? Isn't that obvious.

OT:

I rented a car recently n cause me $60 for more than 350km of driving. Compare to last rental, only $45 n is a Vios but this time is a Suzuki Swift n almost same km/L. Evrey thing went up, time to bring out my bicycle n cycle to work, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Guess what just went up?

Member/Tangshooter

Guess what just went up?
    CS forum?

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    CS forum?
    ...CPR (civil pay rise) does not work for me, i am drowning.

Sad to say, life goes on...

Guess what just went up?
    crime rate?

Guess what just went up?
    School Fees?
    Let's get rolling :)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast