Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise in ComfortDelgro taxi fares.

Default Re: Rise in ComfortDelgro taxi fares.

No more flagging down Comfort cabs

49% is too much, IMO. Hopefully, the rest of the taxi companies does not follow Comfort's billing structure.

Member/Tangshooter

Next year cab rental increase..for sure..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Next year cab rental increase..for sure..
    or fuel subsidies reduced, end up the poor taxi drivers back to square one
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

ComfortDelgro's Q3 profit up 15% to S$59m
    By Loh Kim Chin, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 13 November 2007 2001 hrs

SINGAPORE: ComfortDelGro posted a 15 percent increase in third quarter earnings to S$59 million, bringing profit for the nine months to September to S$173 million.

Revenue for the third quarter rose 6 percent to S$771 million on the back of strong contributions from overseas operations.

The overseas operations accounted for nearly half of turnover.

ComfortDelGro's bus operations in the United Kingdom and Australia were the star performers, accounting for over 70 percent of the increase.

ComfortDelgro expects its overseas operations to continue to drive revenue and profit growth. - CNA/ir

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...311299/1/.html

Quote Originally Posted by vokawala View Post
    Think our neighbour did the right thing! Negotiate the price before boarding the taxi...price not right...don't take. They got foresight! Throw that meter away!!! hahahaha xxx Boleh!!!!
    seriously they scrapped the meter system?? sure?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by johnlim View Post
    Meter rate will be an increase of 100%!!! From 10 cents to 20 cents. Which means that a normal trip of $10 will be increased to $17 !!!! Whow! Must be very profitable to be a cab driver now (taking into consideration that the hiring cost does not increase for drivers).
    do you actually go read the actual increase of the metered fare?

in which part it written a 100% increase, please clarify and don't mislead people.

Quote Originally Posted by KsterK View Post
    i dun know abt u guy, BUT I M NOT GOING 2 TAKE CAB NO MATTER HOW LATE I M NOW!
    THIS IS TOO MUCH LIAO
    i believed you have just fallen into their equation already, they have gotten their forecast correctly, they going to profit from you guys more in the long run.

Well, at least taking cab is not as mandatory than taking bus or MRT.

There will be a certain market segment who will still take cabs regardless of hikes. Hence these cab drivers can make a living.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    ComfortDelgro's Q3 profit up 15% to S$59m
    By Loh Kim Chin, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 13 November 2007 2001 hrs

SINGAPORE: ComfortDelGro posted a 15 percent increase in third quarter earnings to S$59 million, bringing profit for the nine months to September to S$173 million.

Revenue for the third quarter rose 6 percent to S$771 million on the back of strong contributions from overseas operations.

The overseas operations accounted for nearly half of turnover.

ComfortDelGro's bus operations in the United Kingdom and Australia were the star performers, accounting for over 70 percent of the increase.

ComfortDelgro expects its overseas operations to continue to drive revenue and profit growth. - CNA/ir

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...311299/1/.html
    I have come to an understanding that how much profits a company makes has no relation to the prices they set for their products and services.

Profits doesn't relate to pricing. Then what?

Cost relates.

are they hiring ?? i need the extra cash for my toys...can anyone share how to become a taxi driver ??
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    are they hiring ?? i need the extra cash for my toys...can anyone share how to become a taxi driver ??
    Here is the list of contact you can call :

http://www.comfort-transportation.co...e_drivers.html

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    What time to migrate? Time to take up a second job as a TAXI DRIVER........seems like turning into a Iron Rice Bowl job. We all know who benefits from all this hikes............

Next we see Bus fare increase again....

Wanton Noodle increase...beef noodle.............nasi lemak......aiya everything lar....increase lar.....:
    You want to try being one? My dad is I know it is no easy job.

Seriously... throughout this time of price increases in fuel, taxi drivers earnings from abt 2.5k have been dropping to about 2k. It is seriously high time to allow them to increase to allow them to earn just a little bit more?

Surely you cannot ignore their costs have gone up? If you do not accept the price increases, well, there's always the buses.

In singapore, dun you think taxis are like another bus/mrt if you got 4 friends? (at least for me)

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    you need to get a vocational license to be a taxi driver.

that means going back to driving school to learn new rules. haha

Last Fri, still see touting (more discreet) at Clarke Quay. The pax queue was long and unusually less taxis after 12mn. Saw some taxis forming their own queue along River Valley when I drove passed. LTA can announce their figures of cab drivers being caught for flouting the rules. Increasing fares will not solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post

Seriously... throughout this time of price increases in fuel, taxi drivers earnings from abt 2.5k have been dropping to about 2k. It is seriously high time to allow them to increase to allow them to earn just a little bit more?

Surely you cannot ignore their costs have gone up? If you do not accept the price increases, well, there's always the buses.

In singapore, dun you think taxis are like another bus/mrt if you got 4 friends? (at least for me)
    This is why I think taxis should have been exempted from ERP, as they are like public transport......with this exemption they will make it cheaper to travel by taxis, leading to less cars in the city. And more taxis will enter the CBD empty to pick up passengers.......

If more people use taxis, less cars will be on the roads.........so there you go, that's the function of the ERP, to reduce traffic. Cause after a while people will get used to paying ERP anyway (if taxis are to expensive, more people will use cars).

Now, taxis will not enter into the CBD empty.......problem of no taxis in the CBD is not solved.

With the increase, very likely less people will use the taxi frequently, therefore the aim of increasing earnings for taxi drivers is not met either.

Hong Sien
    Last edited by hongsien; 12th December 2007 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post

I know what a Taxi driver is like lar. I have 3 friends who are Taxi drivers themselves lar.

Decreasing the rental is a better option rather than increasing fares to the public. Imagine, increase does not mean more increase on their takings. Infact, I am very confident they will increase the rental between 6 months to a year's time which after that make no differance at all.

And as hongsien mentioned, ERP rates should be free for all taxi drivers.

Decreasing rentals means the Taxi drivers will earn more and have less worry if they have a lousy takings right?

Fuel increase is a problem for all drivers but if rental is reduce it will be less painful to the taxi drivers. It will increase the taxi driver's takings. Go ask your dad on that. My 3 friends said the same thing. Instead of increasing fares (taxi drivers do take taxis too sometimes which will be effected by rates increase), rental reductions is still the best bet.

Reason for taking taxis is so you can return to your designated destination. Sharing a cab is not the best options when friends stay all over Singapore. Out of 10 times, how many times do you share with your friends when you flag a cab in CBD area? Plus I only take taxis when I really need to carry heavy stuffs when I finish shopping.

You cannot compare buses and MRTs with taxis when those transport have fix area. Plus they are not carrying only 4 but millions of commuters everyday. So MRTs and Buses have their plus and minus but I will not complain as they are still cheap.

I still take public transport like buses and MRTs on most days.
    Last edited by Godzilla Invades; 12th December 2007 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Oh well, all good things do come to an end.

Most from US/Europe/Australia are shocked when they see for the first time in their lives, people queuing for taxis other than at airport arrivals.

It's inevitable. I'm just praying for a more comprehensive network of MRT/LRT in the future.
    Now is taxi queuing for people in Changi Airport. You should see the long queue now.

Apart from a more comprehensive network of MRT/LRT in future, i hope they can increase the frequency of the incoming MRTs for all direction during the peak hour. The crowd is getting bigger and bigger during these peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycelim View Post
    MRT ride prices. They didn't get to increase this year, so expect it to rise next year.
    oh... that is for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    Now is taxi queuing for people in Changi Airport. You should see the long queue now.

Apart from a more comprehensive network of MRT/LRT in future, i hope they can increase the frequency of the incoming MRTs for all direction during the peak hour. The crowd is getting bigger and bigger during these peak hours.
    Then they should reduce the Taxi surcharge in Changi Airport, to move the drivers elsewhere, as what they incentivised
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast