Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise in ComfortDelgro taxi fares.

Default Re: Rise in ComfortDelgro taxi fares.

I hate it when there is ecnomic growth...everything when up, except our salary...only the rich gets richer and u noe who oso get richer...always hearing the same thing, oh we are unique, we cannot compare to so and so, so we cannot follow them. If u compare with so and so we are actually much better than them...Oh we are a modern first world country, we should adopt so and so methods and follow them...why cant they just stick to 1 reference country and compare...Oh...nobody will get hungry thats quite comforting...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

With the taxi fares increasing, you will expect other prices to increasing a lot. Hawker taking cab to work will have to increase cost of the food they selling to offset this increase. In a few mths you will see price sky rocket up again like how the GST is doing.

All prices will start to go up very high just before CNY to cash in more profits.

Increasing cost of this cab fare will be for short term that the driver will face no passenger. In the long run, people will see the bus and train as lousy service and will start complaining, then they will start taking cab again cause it provides a faster and more comfortable ride home.

The same way the ERP is doing, short run is to earn max profit, cause having a high travelling speed will be good for the gov collecting $$$, more cars can pass the gantry, ERP earns by volume of car passing the grantry. As in the long term, people who goes to the minor road home will find it hard and slow to travel will move back to the expressway again causing more jams. Gov will rise the price again to curb the jam. This means prices will rise more often.
    Last edited by conquer500; 11th December 2007 at 11:43 AM.

So what else has yet to increase its price? Come on....bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Camera and Lens prices...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

MRT ride prices. They didn't get to increase this year, so expect it to rise next year.

Member/Tangshooter

The winnings for 4D and Toto still remain relatively low as compared to the profit margin..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    Camera and Lens prices...
    Leica has increase their prices......15%-20%

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    I don't see how does it help when the CBD surcharge will go up from the existing $1 to $3. Isn't this discouraging cabs to enter the CBD?
    Increasing surcharge are suppose to drawing the more taxi into CBD, as passenger need to pay the taxi driver more, so the Taxi driver will earn more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Rebates to the cabbies? by how much? If the rebate is like $0.50 then what's the point and you think the cabbies will still come in with the risk of losing $2.50?

I agree with bro sevenWAYS that increasing the price will not solve the problem.
    No sure if they do full rebate or not. If they can fully rebate the ERP would be better, just hope the taxi drivers will not abuse the rebate system. Scrap the ERP for all public transport vehicles like bus and taxi probably would be even better.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

dun think there will be a election any time soon...anyway my place just kena redrawn to some town the last time ...lucky for them...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    dun think there will be a election any time soon...anyway my place just kena redrawn to some town the last time ...lucky for them...
    So, if one particular year without much price increase on transport fare or general things, we shall expect a election soon

Hope most will still remember about the price increases during the "goods years ahead"
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Oh well, all good things do come to an end.

Most from US/Europe/Australia are shocked when they see for the first time in their lives, people queuing for taxis other than at airport arrivals.

It's inevitable. I'm just praying for a more comprehensive network of MRT/LRT in the future.

i suspect taxi rentals will go up soon too. then back to square one again, taxis will still go on playing hide and seek, waiting for better deals, since more costs is plied on them, they rather push it to the consumers, then be obedient drivers. haaa

the companies dun need to justify much on why they need to raise prices, all they need to do is spend more on other areas (that doesnt help, but does increase probability of asking for price increase), so the profit stays low, they could site "higher expenditure" and call for price increases. It's typical behaviour everywhere.

If not why u see people dig up roads so often/train maintainence/buses' etc addons like tv, the money is going somewhere, showing people work is done, if not, no excuse to increase prices here and there. Only the areas where they spend on, the common people don't really need it, or want it. It's like force feeding something we don't need, and we yet still got to pay for it, because they think it's good for us or so it claims when deriving stats from goodness knows where. haaa

i may not know lots of info or facts or the right news. I am afterall the layman. And most of the people out there are laymen as well. They have lots of convincing to do. Publishing pages and pages of "praise" and "justification" in the daily papers just won't do, it's becoming tasteless, imo.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

For HDB home owners, the value of the property have been raised from $6000 to $7200 for 5 room , and they tax 4% of it from nxt year onwards. They have given a $100 rebate, but a rebate is not forever.

They say it is due to market rate on how they value the house...

electricity bills, i expect a 10~30% increase due to the price of oil

and GST to 9% in 2009

personal income tax, expecting it to go up few % points soon.

but its ok, all go up, but one will come down, our SALARY, haha.

Think our neighbour did the right thing! Negotiate the price before boarding the taxi...price not right...don't take. They got foresight! Throw that meter away!!! hahahaha xxx Boleh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by conquer500 View Post
    electricity bills, i expect a 10~30% increase due to the price of oil

and GST to 9% in 2009

personal income tax, expecting it to go up few % points soon.

but its ok, all go up, but one will come down, our SALARY, haha.
    i rather they increase GST 1 shot to 10%, rather than progressively 2%, every 2% increase actually impact to about 5% or more, they think everybody increase their price by 2% meh...chicken rice how to increase 2%...always round up to 30 or 50cents which is ~10%...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

Meter rate will be an increase of 100%!!! From 10 cents to 20 cents. Which means that a normal trip of $10 will be increased to $17 !!!! Whow! Must be very profitable to be a cab driver now (taking into consideration that the hiring cost does not increase for drivers).

Is it appropriate for Comfort to encourage other companies to raise their prices as well? Isn't this amounted to the Act of Cartel, which is prohibited? After all, what one company does to its policy has nothing to do with other companies. Why the encouragement to follow suit?

Is Comfort using its monopolistic position to influence others players to conform to its new pricing?

I don't see how all these will curb the present problems by simply taking the easy option of raising prices.

Seriously, as a singaporean, i feel that this is final.
    How can LTA or some gov body allow this type of thing happen like tt, increase up to 49%

Firstly, they mark SG cab pricing to countrys like UK n Aus, pls take a look, are our local driver half as gd as them?

Secondly, 49% increase in price hike. how many of this will go 2 the driver? PPl will change 2 taking bus or train, No ppl @ rd side waitting 4 taxi, BUT COMPANY still wan their daily rental.

Thirdly, Y LTA approve this hike? In every point u see, it DO NOT SLOVE THE CDB/ MID NITE no cab problem! in fact it increase the problem due 2 the lack of passager now!

i dun know abt u guy, BUT I M NOT GOING 2 TAKE CAB NO MATTER HOW LATE I M NOW!
    THIS IS TOO MUCH LIAO

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycelim View Post
    MRT ride prices. They didn't get to increase this year, so expect it to rise next year.
    Alright! Hail to the train driver.

Quote Originally Posted by KsterK View Post
    Seriously, as a singaporean, i feel that this is final.
    How can LTA or some gov body allow this type of thing happen like tt, increase up to 49%

Firstly, they mark SG cab pricing to countrys like UK n Aus, pls take a look, are our local driver half as gd as them?

Secondly, 49% increase in price hike. how many of this will go 2 the driver? PPl will change 2 taking bus or train, No ppl @ rd side waitting 4 taxi, BUT COMPANY still wan their daily rental.

Thirdly, Y LTA approve this hike? In every point u see, it DO NOT SLOVE THE CDB/ MID NITE no cab problem! in fact it increase the problem due 2 the lack of passager now!

i dun know abt u guy, BUT I M NOT GOING 2 TAKE CAB NO MATTER HOW LATE I M NOW!
    THIS IS TOO MUCH LIAO
    I shall REDUCE my taxi usage by 49%.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast