Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to shoot birds.

Default Where to shoot birds.

Hi guys. I would like to know where I can shoot birds in Singapore. My friend and I would really want to know a few places around Singapore other than the Bird Park, Punggol and Sungei Buloh Wetland/Nature Reserves. Anywhere is fine. But hopefully there is a place to sit down and rest, and if there is a shelter it's even better. But even if there is no seats or shelter it's fine too. Thanks beforehand

Default Re: Where to shoot birds.

Quote Originally Posted by CYNx3 View Post
    Hi guys. I would like to know where I can shoot birds in Singapore. My friend and I would really want to know a few places around Singapore other than the Bird Park, Punggol and Sungei Buloh Wetland/Nature Reserves. Anywhere is fine. But hopefully there is a place to sit down and rest, and if there is a shelter it's even better. But even if there is no seats or shelter it's fine too. Thanks beforehand
    dono, probably botanic... but from what you sound, i think you are probably not prepared enough for "more serious" birding. unless the birds you talking about are those common ones like myna, crow, pigeon, sunbird

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    dono, probably botanic... but from what you sound, i think you are probably not prepared enough for "more serious" birding. unless the birds you talking about are those common ones like myna, crow, pigeon, sunbird
    Uhm actually I'm learning from a friend. As I've said it's my friend and I. My friend is a serious enthusiast and we have been going out for shoots for a couple of times now. Other than Botanical Gardens? We want to find more special birds like eagles and such.

Sungei Buloh is one of the places you can try, but only certain seasons unfortunately...

Eh I have already stated other than SBWR, Birdpark and Punggol. Thanks anyway

You can try Pulau Ubin. Near the HSBC Volunteer Hub (just after the village) hornbills are frequently sighted. And a little further up at the Pekan Quarry (where there are a few look-out locations), there is a heronry full of nesting egrets and herons, though you will need a good telephoto to catch decent shots. On the coastal areas (e.g. Chek Jawa), eagles and herons are common. Changi Village (the trees by the roadside and near the beach) also has many birds like parakeets and cockatoos.

Quote Originally Posted by budak View Post
    You can try Pulau Ubin. Near the HSBC Volunteer Hub (just after the village) hornbills are frequently sighted. And a little further up at the Pekan Quarry (where there are a few look-out locations), there is a heronry full of nesting egrets and herons, though you will need a good telephoto to catch decent shots. On the coastal areas (e.g. Chek Jawa), eagles and herons are common. Changi Village (the trees by the roadside and near the beach) also has many birds like parakeets and cockatoos.
    Changi Village is it near the Changi Boardwalk?

try the parks in singapore... Bukit Batok Nature park, Bukit Timah Nature Reserve or if not u can alway take a boat cross over to Pulau Ubin...
    我只是個陌生人 =x

Quote Originally Posted by budak View Post
    Seriously? I've still yet to see any parakeets or cockatoos near Changi Village, do you mind taking photos of the vicinity you are talking about?

Uhm, is there anywhere in Singapore for seagulls?

Uhm actually I'm learning from a friend. As I've said it's my friend and I. My friend is a serious enthusiast and we have been going out for shoots for a couple of times now. Other than Botanical Gardens? We want to find more special birds like eagles and such.
    1.Wait patiently, walk longer & venture further. Tatz serious. Slugging ya gear & finger alwayz ready to fire.

Eh I have already stated other than SBWR, Birdpark and Punggol. Thanks anyway
    2.Raptorz r at da places u already stated. There's no fixed time when they will fly in & land. Do ya recce trip for next successful shoot.

Changi Village is it near the Changi Boardwalk?
    3.They r at Changi Village & the Changi Boardwalk is a long walk & you'll see ya seabirdz. They fly around u noe. I have seen hornbillz in da deserted park at da Hawker centre when I was having my lunch & huge Raptorz circling the Changi Hospital on my recce trip.
    Refer to Point one above.

Good luck in ya next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Seriously? I've still yet to see any parakeets or cockatoos near Changi Village, do you mind taking photos of the vicinity you are talking about?
    Try to go to this place in the late afternoon. (dunno if they are still there)

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...evel=6?233,350

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Try to go to this place in the late afternoon. (dunno if they are still there)

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...evel=6?233,350
    If ya r toking abt da pair nesting in da tree at da carpark dun seems to be there anymore. It has been months almost a year when they went MIA.

Member/Tangshooter

Serangoon bird shops..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphis View Post
    If ya r toking abt da pair nesting in da tree at da carpark dun seems to be there anymore. It has been months almost a year when they went MIA.
    I'm toking about the trees in front of the coffee shops. The last time I went there, got at least 50 of them Parakets and a dozen cockatoos.

can try Macritchie Reservoir, especially the Treetop walk.
    I am going to try it one day.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    I'm toking about the trees in front of the coffee shops. The last time I went there, got at least 50 of them Parakets and a dozen cockatoos.
    i believe the parakeets are still there... juz saw a couple of them last sat...

the question is how long is your lens?

this can be shot whole enjoying latte at starbucks.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

morp is correct bot there. but patience is needed most.

cyrn you got a power tele there. must 400x 2 ? like that swooping bird there.

Quote Originally Posted by glenyong View Post
    morp is correct bot there. but patience is needed most.

cyrn you got a power tele there. must 400x 2 ? like that swooping bird there.

400x1.4 on a 1.6x cam lah.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast