Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I worry? Internet Security

Default Re: Should I worry? Internet Security

Quote Originally Posted by chanxj View Post
    U obviously haven't upgraded to V3 of nod 32. Please dont until they get it to work stabler. On the whole, nod32 is one of the best i have ever used! No Crap or whatsoever. It just does its work.
    I never even thought of upgrading it. The version I have is working just dandy all these years and it keeps updating everyday

Actually it is not just about the antio virus program I use. The really risk and the bigger risk is the one staring at the screen. He/she is the biggest or should I say the weakest link. That is my headache with the 30 people I have to offer IT support as webmaster. Saving them from themselves is a full time job and I am not even paid directly for doing so.

Anyhooo.... NOD32 rulez for me along with Thunderbird.

I don't get it why people always reformat whenever there's a virus. There's really no need to do so IMHO, I've been playing with viruses since I was 9, infected my pcs on purpose. Even at that age I managed to manually remove them and rebuild the registry. I'll let you in on a secret, which is, use antivirus, doesnt work then just remove it manually, or if you really must, just reinstall windows over it. Your pics, files, etc would still be intact in ur pc. That's the easy way I guarantee there won't be complication. But it depends.
    If you want to look under registry, forget it it's too long a list. Easiest is ctrl+alt+del to spot the alien running process if you're familar. Otherwise as all techie would instruct you, run hijackthis and post the log. I'm not perfect but I can say as far as I can remember, I've fixed everyone's virus probs for 21years.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    I don't get it why people always reformat whenever there's a virus. There's really no need to do so IMHO, I've been playing with viruses since I was 9, infected my pcs on purpose. Even at that age I managed to manually remove them and rebuild the registry. I'll let you in on a secret, which is, use antivirus, doesnt work then just remove it manually, or if you really must, just reinstall windows over it. Your pics, files, etc would still be intact in ur pc. That's the easy way I guarantee there won't be complication. But it depends.
    If you want to look under registry, forget it it's too long a list. Easiest is ctrl+alt+del to spot the alien running process if you're familar. Otherwise as all techie would instruct you, run hijackthis and post the log. I'm not perfect but I can say as far as I can remember, I've fixed everyone's virus probs for 21years.
    Haha. I used to do that too. Purposely infect and try to disinfect. I previously also analysed HijackThis Logs. But now I don't already. Very time consuming but if anyone needs help, feel free to ask me.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    I wouldn't recommend cltr+del+alt if u do not know what u are doing.
    Terminating any background program might cause certain complication or even other program to stop functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    Terminating any background program might cause certain complication or even other program to stop functioning.
    It won't destroy your computer, but of course, you should know what you are doing. Familiar processes always be familiar, while it is the unfamiliar ones that will capture your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    Easy, then just restart. No biggie, no permeanant damage. Haha I go watch a movie now, boring day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12