Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

  1. #1

    Default Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    I am not sure about others, but the last 20 minutes, I have never seen such a downpour before .......... (Tampines, 3-30pm 10 Dec 2007)
    always the Light, .... always.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    I am not sure about others, but the last 20 minutes, I have never seen such a downpour before .......... (Tampines, 3-30pm 10 Dec 2007)
    how long have u been living here?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Eh, it's like this quite frequently... Right now Yio Chu Kang is underwater.

    Time to build a big boat and gather 2 of each animal...
    Alpha

  4. #4

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Eh, it's like this quite frequently... Right now Yio Chu Kang is underwater.

    Time to build a big boat and gather 2 of each animal...
    no need lah just invest in a house boat! They're the best coz when you dun like your neighbour you can just up and sail away!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    no need lah just invest in a house boat! They're the best coz when you dun like your neighbour you can just up and sail away!
    Common misconception actually, Most houseboats wouldnt last a day on the open water, they just arnt built for sailing away on the high seas.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Common misconception actually, Most houseboats wouldnt last a day on the open water, they just arnt built for sailing away on the high seas.
    ah but i never said anything about sailing into the high seas i just said sail away

  7. #7
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Its been raining so heavily recently
    want to go out shooting also have to look at the weather

  8. #8
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    an ARK is what you need and a really big one at that

    detailed instructions here

  9. #9

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    this year is still not consider bad, if you look at the 80s, it's worst.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Be glad that it is only heavy downpour. Elsewhere you have to contend with other more deadly forces of nature.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  11. #11

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Kind of like a "Bladerunner" atmosphere... we're definitely getting there...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LA 2019
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Kind of like a "Bladerunner" atmosphere... we're definitely getting there...
    2019... soon we will get there bro. then I will hunt replicants.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    north east monsoon season ; dec 2007 -jan 2008

    http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/mss2.asp

  14. #14

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    If you are driving under such down pour, remember to drive slowly and turn on head light / hazard light ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  15. #15

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    If you are driving under such down pour, remember to drive slowly and turn on head light / hazard light ...
    Actually, iirc, its not recommended to turn on the hazard lights unless you are stationary.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, Singapore
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    yes, its actually more hazardous if you turn on your hazard lights while driving

    the drivers behind don't know your intentions anymore, and you can't signal to change lanes.
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    yes, its actually more hazardous if you turn on your hazard lights while driving

    the drivers behind don't know your intentions anymore, and you can't signal to change lanes.
    Yep. Use hazard lights only when you are stationary or going to stop.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  18. #18

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    no need lah just invest in a house boat! They're the best coz when you dun like your neighbour you can just up and sail away!
    Now I know why so many millionaires are moving to Sentosa cove ........ and having their gigantic yatchs on standby mode ...
    always the Light, .... always.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    see the dark clouds racing towards my place...

    Last edited by raincool2005; 10th December 2007 at 06:19 PM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Have you ever seen such a BIG rain?

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Yep. Use hazard lights only when you are stationary or going to stop.
    Or to warn of a hazard. Like going through a huge puddle that takes away the vision.

    Quite a number on ECP. Darn, still gotta go the way back to meet client in a moment; and this time it's gonna be darker. The roads are really bad,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •