Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much is estimated street price for SE T610??

I also want this phone.. but for $600 over ... yikes!!!

can get many DVD.. a PS2/xbox with games.. a new digicam.. a Sony DVD +-RW Burner!!

I think i'll stick with my cheap SE T100 for time being.. but out of curiousity, what is the $$price$$ now for no contract??

for those who got the phone.. enjoy

Congrats Urban, can u tell us more abt the phone, like pros and cons?

Originally posted by jeff chen
    Congrats Urban, can u tell us more abt the phone, like pros and cons?
    Sure Jeff,

A lot of my comments are based on my experience with a Nokia 6510 just before converting to a T610. Both are good phones. My comments on pros and cons are based on comparison between the two.

Pros
    Good build quality (very sturdy)
    Good polyphonics
    Good clear screen (a bit of difficulty in reading when under the noon sun though)
    SMS and Call photo ID
    Music DJ (can compose ringtones)
    can IR jpg as wallpaper
    can IR midi as ringtones
    Themes... way cool
    can post notes on the face of screen to remind yourself of things to do.
    camera photo during daytime is acceptable. looks better on PC than camera.

Cons
    Hissing sound
    i cannot get a shortcut to phone numbers to call numbers quickly (in Nokia, I can press any number 1 to 9 for a longer time and i will get speed dial)
    phone book entries on phone is separated from SIM contacts (need to interface diff menu) to make calls depending whether the contacts are in phone or SIM (a really stupid feature)
    black part of the screen can easily get face grease (but that is the price of getting a slick black frame for the screen)

others
    having used Nokia for my last three phones, i need a bit of adjusting to the menu system and interface of a SE. (but i think can easily get used to it)

any other 610 users out there to add to these pros and cons?
    Canon 40D 17-55mm/f2.8 IS, 50mm/f1.8, 70-200mm/f4 IS

Thks Urban, have u gone down to the SE svc centre to get the hissing sound fixed?

As for me, I am currently using the T68i hence the interface wld be familiar. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it shld be no problem after some time.

Cheers!

Have not gone down to SE service centre yet. However I did send them an email to enquire about the situation with regards to the repair of the hissing problem. No response from them other than to give me a tracking number for my query.

Yeah, that is quite std for them. They will take some time to respond to u but just watch out for that long apologetic reply that does nothing in essence!

Honestly, I am not to keen on the T610 unless all the issues are resolved, esp hissing. Also, understand that SE partnership is in trouble as it is not bringing in the revenue they had projected.

Jeff, you are right. If you can tahan the urge to buy the phone, I suggest you wait.

but i think whether the partnership fails or not has little to do with my purchasing decision. Unless i am buying something like a car or house, i really doubt i need the company to be so stable; as i guess i will change phones after 1-2 years... anyway warranty only 1 year.

True Urban, just curious what might happen? ...we change handphone pretty fast, so no issue there...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123