There's a way to solve it - watch at home.
Wah! Bro Godzilla Invades, you are one gutsy person!
Human are all the same. Stand up and stare at them long enough, they will get the hint. If they want to complain and pick a fight, by all means. I will call the management to get back my refund and then call the police because the person is threatening me lor. I have yet to reach that stage but if I have to, I will do it.
The cinema is a public place. So behave lar. You want to kich chairs and run around, do it at the comfort of their own home lor.
Nothing gutsy about it lar. If you let them get away, they will continue it. Just imagine if you are watching a 3 hours movie......siao liao!
I too haven't reached that stage yet, LOL! But like I mentioned earlier, most are sensible and gracious enough to oblige when asked politely to tone down.
Have you encountered the "story tellers" (guys explaining loudly to their wife/gf) yet? These guys take the cake. They're not seated near you, but their voice is so loud, you can hear it.
So nowadays, I don't really go to the cinema anymore. Reason? Plenty!
1) Too ex - Cost of tickets = 2 X 8.00 ($1.00 extra for online booking) plus Drinks and Popcorns + taxi fare (after midnight) = You can actually buy a new DVD liao at the comfort of your home and watch it a thousand times!
2) Annoying people kicking chairs
3) Seats are sometimes dirty
4) And yes, those silly boyfriends who keep talking to their gf
5) Mobile phones ringing and those super bright ah beng phones
6) Need to queue up if you did not buy online
7) Need to queue up if when you need to leave the cinema