Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bumping behind your seat in cinema

Default bumping behind your seat in cinema

Have you ever experienced people bumping/ kicking the back of your seat in cinema? Not sure whether i am unlucky but 3 out of 5 times I will experience inconsiderate people doing that. Irritating! anyone out there having same experience?

Default Re: bumping behind your seat in cinema

On occasion. Usually I am the one doing the kicking as there is no space to adjust my legs. If they are small, it is inconsiderate. Have to consider their size as not all cinemas are built with ample room to spare.

i kena quite a number of times, most of the time i just turned around and ask politely, usually they stop and keep a wide berth.

some cinemas are quite narrow, those are forgivable if they kicked accidentally.

But the newer cinemas have a wider space, and those dudes tend to nuah in their seats till knees hit the seat infront, a rude nudge or those leg shaking nudges...usually riles me up. Sometimes they attempt to prop up the knee ala ah beng style like those on the public buses.

so far i havent utilize my torch to shine at the culprit behind, the next level of reaction if culprit is unrepentant, i would be standing up, blocking the person's view and hurling abuse. And if further action required, i would jump over and attack him. So much for cinema rage...

not only nudges...those who repeat loudly wat the characters say on screen then give a fake laugh, or those trying to impress their girlfriends by explaining lots of stuff or give spoilers loudly...damn irritating.

im surprised women are usually well behaved in cinemas (from my experience so far), maybe except for the rare ah lian who must ask questions during the movie. Annoying. haaa

Oh...and recently i noticed quite a few cinemas have their seats smelling a bit funky and sometimes i get allergic itch reactions after movie.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

I HATE THOSE ! Totally spoils the movie for me .. though i must admit, sometimes it's not their fault ...

during one of those time when i encountered these seat bumpers .. i was about to turn around and give a good glare .. then i realise that the dude was so fat, he is practically stuck in his seat .. not much choice for him as well

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtansj View Post
    Have you ever experienced people bumping/ kicking the back of your seat in cinema? Not sure whether i am unlucky but 3 out of 5 times I will experience inconsiderate people doing that. Irritating! anyone out there having same experience?

Blog Entries

i just caught "golden compass" yesterday and the guy next to me smelled like he just booked out from camp without a change of clothes.

normally for me it's kids
    and the best part is, their parents don't stop them

got one time best, the parent tell the kid to stop
    and he kick more and more times

winner, that boy, going to grow up to be a winner

I'm actually ok if it is not on purpose but repeatedly i will ask them to be aware that they are doing it. most of the time is not that bad actually, just can't stand the type that crosses the leg with the feet high, when you turn around you see the shoe in your face, best of all shaking and knocking on the chair repeatedly...

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Oh...and recently i noticed quite a few cinemas have their seats smelling a bit funky and sometimes i get allergic itch reactions after movie.
    That's SenseSurround and Physical Effect for you.

Two new Cinematic Experiences introduced for you viewing pleasure.

i kena kicks from naughty children behind me , and when i turn around to look at the child , the father slap the child ,

i also kick the fella infront of me , cause he is using phone n speaking out loudly in the cinema , after the lawyer incident of being punch , i resovle to asking the the person infront to switch off the phone. so far no more problems

come to think of it , i m damn rude to kick people , but at that time , i m just not thinking, must change my habits hahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtansj View Post
    This is one of my main pet peeves! I can understand and tolerate accidental taps and nudges due to small seat space. But the following are beyond me:

* Cross the leg widely where the ingrate's shoe is almost protruding near my head. How did I know? I can smell the stink! Typical culprits, towkay-wannabes trying to act "manly" infront of their lian girl friend.

* Pushing both knees up against the seat infront. These are typically teenagers, girls, speaking with fake aussie/american accents, trying to act like the whole world revolves around them.

* The story tellers. This is a rare breed. They're location-agnostic. They try to impress their gf/wife by explaining very loudly on their understanding of the plot. They come in the truck loads if you watch movies of famous books, legends (e.g., Beowulf) where they even try harder to show how "cultured" (or lack of) they are.

Most though, when asked politely to tone down, will oblige and leave you in peace. But some numbskulls can't seem to register. That's when I resign myself to sacrificing the movie, stand up, block the view, and give them hell.

wow it's good that i rarely catch movies in the cinema. make your own home theater at your own comfort. maybe you'll annoy the neighbors too.

"* Pushing both knees up against the seat infront. These are typically teenagers, girls, speaking with fake aussie/american accents, trying to act like the whole world revolves around them."

i guess i'm guilty as above

or maybe can try watching movies at those ulu places. great!
    I Love You :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    * Pushing both knees up against the seat infront. These are typically teenagers, girls, speaking with fake aussie/american accents, trying to act like the whole world revolves around them.
    This is better than them acting like long-legged Ang Moh having their feet protuding from the back of the seat between your head.
    Last edited by Sion; 10th December 2007 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    wow it's good that i rarely catch movies in the cinema. make your own home theater at your own comfort. maybe you'll annoy the neighbors too.
    Better still why not put on some costumes and act out the part in the movies yourself at home intead of watching it?

You can act in your own Reality Home Movie and be the actor, heroin, villain, Spiderman or warewolf etc.

Maybe the neighbours like to come over to watch your performance too.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Better still why not put on some costumes and act out the part in the movies yourself at home intead of watching it?

You can act in your own Reality Home Movie and be the actor, heroin, villain, Spiderman or warewolf etc.

Maybe the neighbours like to come over to watch your performance too.
    we noe u are good in this..role play afghan girl in rambo 4? ask me come watch ok..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    normally for me it's kids
    and the best part is, their parents don't stop them

got one time best, the parent tell the kid to stop
    and he kick more and more times

winner, that boy, going to grow up to be a winner
    well, i had that once, i took out my fone and on the led light and shine at the father and kid, then they continue, i told them off, telling them they really need to learn manners.

still remember once, i insulted some girls in LT, lol, keep vibrating my chair, i turn back and tell them, girls, i dun need a vibrator now...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    we noe u are good in this..role play afghan girl in rambo 4? ask me come watch ok..
    So you can act as the Queen of the Desert?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    still remember once, i insulted some girls in LT, lol, keep vibrating my chair, i turn back and tell them, girls, i dun need a vibrator now...
    Did you check whether towkay like you were sitting on a vibrating chair specially made for the VIP cinema patrons?

Member/Tangshooter

u sure they are not fumbling wif a dildo?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    So you can act as the Queen of the Desert?
    my acting skill lousy..some more no props...lol
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

well, i had that once, i took out my fone and on the led light and shine at the father and kid, then they continue, i told them off, telling them they really need to learn manners.

were you in an osim chair?

i remember in genting, the vip seats were osim chairs

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    were you in an osim chair?

i remember in genting, the vip seats were osim chairs
    dunno leh, your LT got built in massage chair ar? nowadays uni life darn good sia...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast