Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get battery grip for cheap?

Default Where to get battery grip for cheap?

Where do they sell the battery grip for K10D the cheapest? Don't you all think 200+ is abit heavy

Default Re: Where to get battery grip for cheap?

You can always make your own like this..

http://pentaxlife.com/categories/accessories/
    more
    http://ok1000.blogspot.com/2007/08/a...for-k100d.html

seriously though try google instead of that micro$oft pile of crap known as live search or m$n. You'll get ACTUAL results.

Can I recommend the local Yahoo search?
    They provide an interesting search assistant these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Erenon View Post
    You can always make your own like this..

http://pentaxlife.com/categories/accessories/

wah...speechless...

I'm just amazed someone actually bought it....

Probably molded it. In which case he should have bothered to do some shaping and polishing to make it look for professional but a good effort though. I would'nt be caught with it though!

I'm sure if you look around hard enough, there are instructions on how to do something similar... hmm...

true...actually i think it is easy to do one, since for the K100D, they need to tap on the use of the remote...hmmmm, maybe i shuld do one...or maybe just get the Makeall version

hmmm, for the K10D i tink if u r serious enuff to even consider using the grip, then might as well get the Pentax one, since it fits to a T...
    Last edited by polantics; 9th December 2007 at 11:53 AM.

haha do you all guys think that the battery grip is worth 200+? or should i save the money? I'm only buying it because of the vertical shutter release and additional battery & SD card capability. No serious need but a second SD card will be cool since i shoot in RAW..

Quote Originally Posted by ilario View Post
    haha do you all guys think that the battery grip is worth 200+? or should i save the money? I'm only buying it because of the vertical shutter release and additional battery & SD card capability. No serious need but a second SD card will be cool since i shoot in RAW..
    If you think it is a good price, than it is worth it.

If you don't have serious need, suggest you save the money to get a spare battery or so. No point getting the grip to add on some weight. Of course people buy it for the vertical shutter release and maybe additional battery. If you have big lenses, the camera will feel more balance with the grip.

It's cool the grip can store a second SD card. But personally i find it easier and faster to change when i just put a spare SD card in my pocket or pouch.

Truly, thats why i started this thread to find out where to get the cheapest one You said something about "store" a 2nd mem card, do u mean its just a space to put it in or is it a functional card slot?

Quote Originally Posted by VSonic06 View Post

Reminded me of something I sculpted while attending ceramics classes in college many, many years ago.
    Last edited by photobum; 9th December 2007 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilario View Post
    Truly, thats why i started this thread to find out where to get the cheapest one You said something about "store" a 2nd mem card, do u mean its just a space to put it in or is it a functional card slot?
    It is just a slot to store one SD card. NOT those functional card slot like the one on camera body.

Quote Originally Posted by VSonic06 View Post

That's some ugly grip

$220 for a new battery grip isn't really too expensive lah, especially consider some cool features it offer (second battery, slot for storing a spare SD card, better ballanced when using a big and heavy lens, or mount a flash ...).

I do use it along with my K10D sometimes, but I bought the grip bundled with the camera (K10D GP), not much choice for me

i had the chance to fondle a K10D with the battgrip and i think its really really nice. A tad heavy, but for someone with clumsy fingers like me, it makes it easier to grip (also true for the big people, like the guy in my photo group that owns that...) The extra batt is also nice, apparently, you can choose to drain the batts from the grip first. So you can use it like a plane's extra fuel tank, use up, drop (or keep in bag...)

The only gripe I have with the vertical grip which stops me from buying/using it is the lack of AF button on it...
    Last edited by alanswan; 10th December 2007 at 10:50 AM.

the k10d grip is one of the nicest grip i have seen. the coolest part is you can store the remote inside as well. but then again it feels silly to remove the whole setup to access a remote.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    the k10d grip is one of the nicest grip i have seen. the coolest part is you can store the remote inside as well. but then again it feels silly to remove the whole setup to access a remote.
    I had the remote stored in the grip and don't or never really use it. It more of for situation like "in case i need it".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast