Thread: 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor lens

Default 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor lens

Just boughtt this affordable 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor lens however, I am not able to locate the aperture ring, is there one, anyway? Thanks !!

Default Re: 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor lens

any lens manual? the diagram should show. but wait f/4-5.6G...if i'm not wrong these G range does not have an aperture ring.
    flickr me here ;)

Quote Originally Posted by antimony60 View Post
    Just boughtt this affordable 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor lens however, I am not able to locate the aperture ring, is there one, anyway? Thanks !!

there is no aperture ring for 55-200mm vr. any reason why you are looking for the aperture ring?

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
    there is no aperture ring for 55-200mm vr. any reason why you are looking for the aperture ring?
    Oh, I need to set my preferred aperture setting when I select Aperture prioriy on the D80. Please advise. Thanks !!

Oh, I need to set my preferred aperture setting when I select Aperture prioriy on the D80. Please advise. Thanks !!
    I thought you can set on your camera for shutter speed as well as aperture???

dude! the manual! read it!

it is set electronically by the rotating dial! you should be able to see the f-number changing when u turn it.

but seriously, before you ask anymore questions, please the read manual yea?
    flickr me here ;)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamzcape View Post
    dude! the manual! read it!

it is set electronically by the rotating dial! you should be able to see the f-number changing when u turn it.

but seriously, before you ask anymore questions, please the read manual yea?
    Thanks Bro, seriously, I did not "touch" the user Manual at all since I got my D80 Body about 1 week ago, relying only on this link -->> http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d80...sers-guide.pdf for information
    Last edited by antimony60; 7th December 2007 at 07:17 PM.

hehe no problems. go through the manual, find out how to control it. if not, set it to auto and tada! a very expensive point and shoot.
    flickr me here ;)

you can set the aperture on the d80 body. just turn the dial and you should notice the f number changes.

All Nikon "G" type lenses do not have any aperture ring. In fact future lenses will most ppbly be design in this way. Previous older and "D" type lenses were use on older film bodies like F401, F501, F301, F601, F801, F90 etc as you need to control aperture settings on lenses... One other way will be using reversal ring or extention tube.

Quote Originally Posted by satan_18349 View Post
    All Nikon "G" type lenses do not have any aperture ring. In fact future lenses will most ppbly be design in this way. Previous older and "D" type lenses were use on older film bodies like F401, F501, F301, F601, F801, F90 etc as you need to control aperture settings on lenses... One other way will be using reversal ring or extention tube.
    Thanks !! Greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
    you can set the aperture on the d80 body. just turn the dial and you should notice the f number changes.
    Thanks !! Greatly appreciated.