Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How did your parents punish you when you were young?

Default Re: How did your parents punish you when you were young?

wah sammy... u really know how to write story...

anyway, i just find some people over reacting to caning...

like my parents and teachers in the past dun cane me for no apparent reason, if wack for no reason then its definitely abuse...

i always remember my every friday 10 stroke from my chinese teacher... its becoming a hassle for him... lol... cos i dun like chinese... he states if flung, every answer wrong constitute 1 stroke, so 10 听写 per week, so 10 stroke... my hanyu pinyin is ok, cos i can score on english, but not on writing chinese characters, i recognise them but dun know how to write them... and esp on p5 or p6, how to revise back those taught on p1-p4... so heck care liao... but sometimes heng can get 5 correct... and sometimes can get 1 line of us waiting to get caned... at least i'm not alone.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I think that caning is not the means to an end. Too often I see parents that let anger take control and its not a one stroke two stroke, its a full on rapid lashing with much vigour and strength with using the cane on one hand and the other hand tightly holding the child who is sceaming in pain.

If by talking reason, a child can be made to understand and grow up a balanced person why not? I for one say no to caning. It serves no purpose except to inflict pain on a young child and grow resentment and fear. End of the day do they know why they got beaten besides the fact they got beaten? To those to say that spare the rod and spoilt the child, well there are many ways to discipline children besides reaching for that belt and cane and beating the living daylights out of the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    wah sammy... u really know how to write story...

anyway, i just find some people over reacting to caning...

like my parents and teachers in the past dun cane me for no apparent reason, if wack for no reason then its definitely abuse...

i always remember my every friday 10 stroke from my chinese teacher... its becoming a hassle for him... lol... cos i dun like chinese... he states if flung, every answer wrong constitute 1 stroke, so 10 听写 per week, so 10 stroke... my hanyu pinyin is ok, cos i can score on english, but not on writing chinese characters, i recognise them but dun know how to write them... and esp on p5 or p6, how to revise back those taught on p1-p4... so heck care liao... but sometimes heng can get 5 correct... and sometimes can get 1 line of us waiting to get caned... at least i'm not alone.

You calling me a talk-cok bugger har? heheh .. Now where did I put that feather-duster....

Kindergarden throw tantrum get locked in the balcony.
    Caned for not scoring at primary because everyday go out and play (teacher say i tok too much make me bite chalk or drag me to headmaster room....)
    Secondary get things thrown at me, anything near her when shes angry becomes a deadly projectile! Bec i keep talking back and cane immune liao
    Last edited by Anti-Social; 10th December 2007 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post

saw this question in hwz and the new edmw which had some interesting replies..

CS's full of people from different generations and many are parents.. so.. anyone has anything to share? :P
    Juz 4 words - Use cane & shoot

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. In this modern day and age, you can land up in court and have your kids taken away from you for caning them. Reasoning, you will be charged in court for child abuse.
    Actually its all these court processes that really screw up the future generation.

The saying last time goes (literally), "No beat, no become talent" (不打不成才)
    Now its "Education of Love" (爱的教育) which constantly harps on the 'reasoning' part.

But unfortunately, to the devil in all of us (which still remains in us, the small rebellious streak), reasoning doesn't always work and its the, "Why shld I listen to u?" thing that kills whatever reasoning reason that comes your way.

If an adult can think this way, a child definitely can think this way 100 times over.

An analogy would be like how baby cobras and other baby venomous snakes are actually a lot more dangerous than full-grown adult snakes when it comes to injecting venom into their prey since baby snakes do not know how to control their poison flow thru their fangs.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Juz 4 words - Use cane & shoot
    eh, maybe kneel lenscap (then get the mark of the brand on the knee cap)

whip by the neck strap, then kena thick mark. brand imprintment also...

then best of all, do the horse stance, then 1 hand hold 300 f2.8, another 500 f4, backside got couple of lens hood...

end of the day, warm up a 1200mm then hug the lens, so will remember the teaching... left arm green USM, right arm white CANON
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

eh, maybe kneel lenscap (then get the mark of the brand on the knee cap)

whip by the neck strap, then kena thick mark. brand imprintment also...

then best of all, do the horse stance, then 1 hand hold 300 f2.8, another 500 f4, backside got couple of lens hood...

end of the day, warm up a 1200mm then hug the lens, so will remember the teaching... left arm green USM, right arm white CANON
    Remember, muz hang a 500 reflex lens on the schlong oso.

And then the lens muz be like 5mm away from the ground. If never obey instructions during punishment, kick the lens.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Remember, muz hang a 500 reflex lens on the schlong oso.

And then the lens muz be like 5mm away from the ground. If never obey instructions during punishment, kick the lens.
    should give a bitter sweet punishment...

hang a 70-200 f2.8 on the schlong, then give just enuff tolerance for it to be placed on the floor and tension on the schlong... after that ask a bikini babe to parade in front of him...

shucks rite... got lens cannot shoot...

should give a bitter sweet punishment...

hang a 70-200 f2.8 on the schlong, then give just enuff tolerance for it to be placed on the floor and tension on the schlong... after that ask a bikini babe to parade in front of him...

shucks rite... got lens cannot shoot...

Neither can your schlong! heeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Cane + bottle caps / Shell treatment!(Kneeling on the bottle cap or shell)
    Ha, are they your parents ha.. just kidding, i think the kneeling on bottle caps/shell is too exaggerated ha. is it true?

My parents tell me to go to my room... sigh... so boring...

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    My parents tell me to go to my room... sigh... so boring...
    now?

kinda funny rite, wait room got PC, PS3, WII... happy lor...

My teacher used to make us hold chalk in our mouths, like cigarettes, for talking in class..
    Luckly didnt get poisoned..lol
    Mouth kanna scotch-taped also common.

Actually punishments have also evolved through the years, and I believe it has to do with the society and the education levels of the parents.

Before 60's .......... real punishments, no food, any "weapons" available, hands, legs, chairs, etc .... parents are mostly poor, uneducated, stay around kampongs, etc.

60's - 80's ......... canes, no weekend dates, no money for a week, no new clothing, etc...

80's - 90's ......... no tv, no pocket money, little caning, parents are now more educated, and staying in condos, drive cars, etc and believe in giving the kids more say, etc

90's - 00's .......... no computer, the law starts to protect these kids, and most parents we should be more humane to the kids, etc....

after 00's .......... if the kids do something wrong, they usually "punish" their parents, by not getting good results, play more computers, run away from home, etc....

after 2010 ......? kids hammering their parents?
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Actually punishments have also evolved through the years, and I believe it has to do with the society and the education levels of the parents.

Before 60's .......... real punishments, no food, any "weapons" available, hands, legs, chairs, etc .... parents are mostly poor, uneducated, stay around kampongs, etc.

60's - 80's ......... canes, no weekend dates, no money for a week, no new clothing, etc...

80's - 90's ......... no tv, no pocket money, little caning, parents are now more educated, and staying in condos, drive cars, etc and believe in giving the kids more say, etc

90's - 00's .......... no computer, the law starts to protect these kids, and most parents we should be more humane to the kids, etc....

after 00's .......... if the kids do something wrong, they usually "punish" their parents, by not getting good results, play more computers, run away from home, etc....

after 2010 ......? kids hammering their parents?
    After 2010 - Parents murdering their kids cos them lil' devils are outta control.

Quote Originally Posted by firestone View Post
    My teacher used to make us hold chalk in our mouths, like cigarettes, for talking in class..
    Luckly didnt get poisoned..lol
    Mouth kanna scotch-taped also common.
    wah those were my Primary School days at Bartley Pri man! heheheh... Chalk diet plus squat down and pulling your ears sitting under the blackboard. Female teachers were the worst "torturers" in my school heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    At home, Mom use multi sized cane and belt. I was not that lucky to have good Grandparents as my Grand dad's cane is the worst of all, a double barrel cane tied together. It leaves parallel red marks for weeks. Sometimes its not because we are naughty but because we made too much noise only. ops.. talk too much in Kopitiam got canning or not??
    Wah! Bro, different cane for different occasions ah?

Deregistered

ok lah, my parents give special permission to the teachers, cos they got no time for me, so most of the time i also kena detention, and teachers will send me to back or wait for the driver or parents with me...
    Permission? No time? Luckily your parents did not send you to a boarding school. That would be hell!

Cane, belt, flying astrays, fists.....you name it.......

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast